Seeking Public Office
Lived there

Young Harris, GA

#1 Oct 7, 2012
Why do people seek public office?

The salary isn't all that great and there isn't much in the way of job security. With power comes responsibility, allegedly, but politicians today refuse to accept blame for anything negative, so that axiom no longer applies as a reason.

Two possibilities: Ego! Money (over and above their salary)!

There is nothing honorable about being an elected official these days yet so many "supporters" rant or rave about them as if they're the Christ, coming to lead them out of the darkness, or the Devil leading them straight to Hell.
Really

Dahlonega, GA

#2 Oct 7, 2012
We, the people of Georgia , relying upon protection and guidance of Almighty God
Lived there

Young Harris, GA

#3 Oct 7, 2012
Really wrote:
We, the people of Georgia , relying upon protection and guidance of Almighty God
... meaning what?
Lived there

Young Harris, GA

#4 Oct 7, 2012
If someone with charisma and a logical "spiel," like a David Duke or Pat Robinson, should emerge on the national scene with a few vocal followers prone to violence to get their way, given the social/economic/political divides we have, what happened to Germany when Hitler came along could well happen to us. I think that's what concerns me about the so-called "Tea Party" - too many extremists who refuse to consider anything or anyone but themselves and their agenda.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Problem with virus at school 9 hr Elmer 12
What's wrong with people here?? 16 hr The WB 24
Linda Curtis for Sheriff 17 hr Hillbilly 1,082
Dear The WB Sep 28 The WB 5
Is there a reason why Ingles has no gas? Sep 28 fulltank 6
Dr. Church Sucks Sep 28 Another One 39
Unlicensed drunk driver Sep 27 Lifetime Local 3

Hiawassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance