Accident this morning on Tray Mtn. Rd.
oh well

Dade City, FL

#930 Dec 28, 2009
It is all in God's care! He has to live with it everyday! He know what he did and he will have to answer to the one that matters and that is when justice will be served.
Who Cares

Alto, GA

#931 Dec 28, 2009
oh well wrote:
It is all in God's care! He has to live with it everyday! He know what he did and he will have to answer to the one that matters and that is when justice will be served.
The guy is so arogant, as long as he lived, he couldn't have done anything wrong.
concerned citizen

Greenville, SC

#932 Jan 12, 2010
seems the point is missing with all this! it's not about who gave who what, or what the situation truthfully was. he was driving her truck regardless. there was a wreck regardless. he left someone's daughter, mother, sister, grandmother, aunt, friend etc. on the side of the road at night and in the cold regardless. he left her lying there! got her no help, called only someone for himself. hid out until finally having to go the hospital. where everything caught up to him. those are facts. he lied to his wife, he lied to De-De, he lied in general. doesn't sound like upstanding citizen of the community. what if this was his daughter or your family member. take a step back & look at the bigger picture.justice probably won't be served b/c of $ & connections & it doesn't seem that he is very remorseful. both families are affected, but one will never see their loved again. his family can visit if & when he goes to jail. that is not justice!
Small little minds

Murphy, NC

#933 Jan 12, 2010
It is not all you sanctimonious little peoples jobs to judge other people. I know who some of you pieces of crap are and you can only feel better by kicking others.
betty faye

United States

#934 Jan 12, 2010
Last Spring, my son and I were forced off the River Road by a big truck. We landed upside down in the Ocoee River. Thank God neither of us were seriously hurt. That truck driver did not stop even though he had to have known what he did. No, I'm not even trying to say this was the same guy but it is close to the same thing. This guy left a lady to die and the other SOB left us in the River so I can feel for this poor lady and her family. I hope one day her family can do to him like I dream about doing to 'my' truck driver. Justice would be nice. If wanting justice makes us little people then what would the guilty parties be considered?
small little minds

Brasstown, NC

#935 Jan 12, 2010
Betty Faye is it your job to judge on rumor and innuendo. I leave judging to jurors and God. Little minds judge and it makes them feel superior.
Celia

United States

#936 Jan 13, 2010
Does anyone have a court date yet?
Mama Rabbit

Murphy, NC

#937 Jan 13, 2010
Today, I heard.
think about it

Cleveland, GA

#939 Jan 16, 2010
Small little minds wrote:
It is not all you sanctimonious little peoples jobs to judge other people. I know who some of you pieces of crap are and you can only feel better by kicking others.
99% of the people that left comments about Eddie Gant only told the truth. the other 1% is a piece of crap. Thats the ones that thinks poor Eddie, well screw Eddie. Someone lost a life because of him. And by them just saying the truth is not kicking someone,its a warning that this could of been your family. Im sure if it had been your family these post would far be worse. The only person here with a small mind is you,the rest of us never wanna meet faith with a man like Eddie. We love our family and pray to GOD we never have to take a step into a life of DeDes family.
small little minds

Brasstown, NC

#940 Jan 16, 2010
Its good to know you self righteous people know the facts. I do not I also do not know the accused but when and if he is convicted I hope he serves a very long sentence.
Concerned Friend

United States

#941 Jan 23, 2010
has he been to court yet?
dui kills everyone

Alto, GA

#942 Jan 24, 2010
my sister was killed when her boyfriend hit a tree head on they both had been drinking he served a little over 2 years this doesnt bring back my sister tho and had she been driving im sure she also would had served the same thing if he had died so why is this man still free what makes him any better he was drinking and someone died guess its in all who you know but it doesnt make it any better a life is gone while one still goes on with life before you drink and drive understand that not only do people die but the people that loved that person also dies i did the day my sister was killed
friend

United States

#943 Feb 23, 2010
DEDE'S FAMILY WILL NOT BE POSTING ON HERE BUT I STILL LOOK AT THEM EVERY SO OFTEN. iT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT EDDIE WENT BEFORE THE GRAND JURY THE LAST OF JAN. HE WAS INDITED AND HIS TRIAL IS SUPPOSED TO START SOME TIME IN APRIL. I DON'T KNOW ANY MORE DETAILS BECAUSE IT HURTS HER MOTHER TOO BAD WHEN IT IS BROUGHT UP. I JUST HOPE HER FAMILY WILL FIND SOME PEACE SOON. nO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT THEY HAVE, AND I KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD WORSE. I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW THEY GET OVER IT. I ONLY KNOW THAT THIS FAMILY HAS A LOT OF LOVE AND SUPPORT.
stick it to him

Dahlonega, GA

#944 Feb 25, 2010
friend wrote:
DEDE'S FAMILY WILL NOT BE POSTING ON HERE BUT I STILL LOOK AT THEM EVERY SO OFTEN. iT IS MY UNDERSTANDING THAT EDDIE WENT BEFORE THE GRAND JURY THE LAST OF JAN. HE WAS INDITED AND HIS TRIAL IS SUPPOSED TO START SOME TIME IN APRIL. I DON'T KNOW ANY MORE DETAILS BECAUSE IT HURTS HER MOTHER TOO BAD WHEN IT IS BROUGHT UP. I JUST HOPE HER FAMILY WILL FIND SOME PEACE SOON. nO ONE SHOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT THEY HAVE, AND I KNOW THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT HAVE HAD WORSE. I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW THEY GET OVER IT. I ONLY KNOW THAT THIS FAMILY HAS A LOT OF LOVE AND SUPPORT.
i really hope all this is true so her fanily can get some kind of rest out of it Eddie needs that smile slap off his face he still walks around our town like he has never done wrong and he is GOD i cant wait for him to meet the real GOD so he can be put in his place see if he still has that same shity smile on his face and i do support the family at what ever they do the family should go for a vein you know like his money and watch him crumble cause him or his wife would never be happy broke
Any News

Blairsville, GA

#945 Nov 11, 2010
Whats the latest on this Gant fellow? He in jail?
It is about time

Atlanta, GA

#946 Jan 6, 2011
Finally, a court date. Thursday, Jan. 13 at 9 AM at White County Courthouse. Come out and support the Coble/Williams family. Coincidently, this is the two-year anniversary of DeeDee's death.
Pray he gets jail time

Greenville, SC

#947 Jan 10, 2011
What a day it will be when he has to stand there and listen to her family talk about the pain they have suffered. Nothing will bring her back but at least her family will get to speak and his family and Eddie will get to listen and maybe they will finally understand that is is not about revenge but about knowing they lost a family member, mother, grand mother, sister and daughter and friend. Eddie can say all he wants to make people think she caused the accident but that is not the important thing to remember. He made the decision to be in the car and he made the decision to leave her for dead, he made the decision to step out on his wife, he made the decision to hurt his daughter and family by putting himself in a place he never shoud have been in the first place. Nothing will ever bring her back and nothing will make up for the pain he cause his family and hers but lets pray that if he gets jail time he has time to think about changing his life and becoming a Chrisian and start giving back to the community instead of always taking from people. May God be with DeeDee's family and the Gant family so that they can heal from this awful tragic death that Eddie caused.
Its about time

Blakely, GA

#948 Jan 12, 2011
Time has been rescheduled to 11AM instead of 9AM due to the weather.
Curious

Atlanta, GA

#949 Jan 13, 2011
Let us know all the details. Is Donna there with him?
Its about time

Largo, FL

#950 Jan 13, 2011
Straight to Jail!!!! Yes, his daughter and wife were with him along with some friends. He listened to DeDe's mother and daughter speak of their lives without her. All he said to them was that he was sorry and never meant for it to happen. Judge denied his request to report to boot camp when bed is available. Instead, he was taken into custody and will be held in jail until a bed is available. He has approx 20 years of probation and if he fails to abide by the probation, he will serve the entire sentence without parole. Thank you Lord for some closure...thank you all for kind words and prayers. May you never have to go thru this nightmare...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sheriff 2016 (Dec '14) 20 min Todd 330
Rachel Dolezal original wigger 1 hr LOLZ 2
Same-Sex Marriage: Thoughts, Views, Opinions? 1 hr trail90 13
Wreck on Bell Creek on 6-21... 2 hr Saddened 18
Towns Parks and Rec 2 hr LibsRwhiners 8
some more global warming bs 2 hr Highlander 56
Exterior house painting->Any good local painters? 10 hr angelbrownkat 15
More from around the web

Hiawassee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE