Steve Gerdes - Commissioner
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
uramoron

Lawrenceville, GA

#183 Aug 6, 2012
Loling wrote:
<quoted text>Safe? here is a question. Hey Chris how many open law suits do you have against the SO?
Here's a question? How does open law suits pertain to being kept safe? Keep grabbing at straws, if you must, but you're coming up short.
I wonder

Martin, GA

#184 Aug 7, 2012
Georgia wrote:
Gerdes is saying all the usual political bull-shit but, like Romney, does not offer any specfics on what he would (or could) do to improve things around here.
Same ole, same ole.... He just wants to get his hands on the public's checkbook.
I wonder who will be pulling his strings?
Georgia on my mind

Young Harris, GA

#185 Aug 7, 2012
I wonder wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder who will be pulling his strings?
Don't know if there is or isn't someone, but what worries me is how much more in debt will a new commissioner obligate us to.

The two big, for TC, building projects now under way have required secured loans against anticipated and scheduled income, SPLOST and property taxes, and the county can't afford to take on even more long-term financial liability necessary to make a new office holder rich - which is why any of them want to get in office in the first place.

The Commissioner can, and may be doing it now, grant the four key elected officials a supplemental payment of some $20,000 per year, each, but even if it can be hidden from the public as it was before, before Becky Landress caught it, it won't be enough to support their life-style.

Coupled with that, the State is already cutting back on grants to poorer counties like Towns in favor of those counties who provide a positive "contribution" to the state treasury, and even deeper cuts are anticipated for the next FY which will adversely affect LE, health care and education, and everything else in Towns County.

An even bigger concern however, is that the county retirement program is UNFUNDED. That alone is enough to break the bank.

The housing industry is unlikely to rebound here and there is nothing else to take up the slack.

It's not a matter of IF, rather it's WHEN the financial house of cards here collapses.

Yeah, you've already figured it out - higher property taxes and less for it are in our future. Kendall knows it's coming but probably wants just a little more before it happens. Gerdes I seriously doubt has a clue as to the fiscal health and well-being of Towns County. If he does, he probably wants a piece of what's left to plunder.
gosh

Cornelia, GA

#186 Aug 9, 2012
Gosh, this place you live in sounds like a Three Stouges movie. Exactly why do you live in such a place???
Beca

Hiawassee, GA

#187 Aug 9, 2012
gosh wrote:
Gosh, this place you live in sounds like a Three Stouges movie. Exactly why do you live in such a place???
Because we have a village idiot who amuses us every day by writing such howlers as, "Three Stouges."
BHO TC Demos
#188 Aug 16, 2012
All you brothers vote for my Towns County Democrats!
Karen Zilen

Charles Town, WV

#189 Nov 2, 2012
GO Cousin GO!! Can you hear John and I cheering you on all the way from WV. Sounds like the person you are is exactly what the commissioner office needs; a person of honesty, conviction to do what's right and character to follow through.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Transplant 6 hr Lindsey Graham 31
Floridiots strikes again. 8 hr Timmy is gay 19
Solution to the Florida problem 15 hr Timmy is gay 40
Fall in Florida 15 hr Timmy is gay 17
Commissioner Bradshaw photo Tue campaign headquar... 26
drug scam or mistake Jan 15 curioUSA 5
low water pressure 1/10/17 Jan 15 cumelia 3

Hiawassee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance