How do you find out who posters reall...

How do you find out who posters really are?

Posted in the Hiawassee Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Greg

Young Harris, GA

#1 Jul 17, 2010
It seems anybody can get on topix and write what ever they want. How do you find out who they are?
WHO CARES

Perry, GA

#2 Jul 17, 2010
Who cares, its the same 20 people, 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. Nothing but mind farts.
Lazy Dog

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Jul 17, 2010
WHO CARES wrote:
Who cares, its the same 20 people, 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. Nothing but mind farts.
And guess who's on more than anyone else??
Well, Who Cares, that's who.
If you read the posts, it's obviously someone without much of a mind.
Sassafrass Tea

Clarkesville, GA

#4 Jul 18, 2010
Best way to find out is to ask them. Then give a way to correspond other than Topix, email or phone.
This is the year 2010

Young Harris, GA

#5 Jul 18, 2010
Greg wrote:
It seems anybody can get on topix and write what ever they want. How do you find out who they are?
There are four ways:

1. Hire a gray dealer to find out.(That will cost you about $5-700 for just a name and address. Add upwards of another two grand and you can get the person's SSN, complete medical history, earnings record, criminal and civil records - law suits, marriages, divorces, etc.- bank statements, 1040 returns for the past five years, unlisted telephone numbers, a current credit report and a whole lot more.)
2. Learn how to do it yourself.(WARNING: High risk involved so you'd better know what you're doing.)
3. Subpoena ad testificandum.
4. Subpoena duces tecum.(This is the most common.)

Sealed records are harder to obtain, BTW, and more expensive. For a federal politician, figure on $150,000 and up.

If you go gray, it's a cash only business based on the honor system. Cross them and while they won't break your legs - they will screw with you and your computer for the rest of your life! ;o)
techy

Warwick, RI

#6 Jul 18, 2010
There are plenty of people around town that can find that infor out for you but the prices are a bit higher than mentioned here since you will be crossing state lines any good gray would charge 1500 as a base rate. And yes as stated cross us and we can do much worse than break your legs.
Lazy Dog

Perry, GA

#7 Jul 18, 2010
Lazy Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
And guess who's on more than anyone else??
Well, Who Cares, that's who.
If you read the posts, it's obviously someone without much of a mind.
SORRY, I just had ANOTHER mind fart!!! I can bearly breath, I must try to think more clearly or I might die from the smell.
This is the year 2010

Young Harris, GA

#8 Jul 18, 2010
Sassafrass Tea wrote:
Best way to find out is to ask them. Then give a way to correspond other than Topix, email or phone.
If you were to register your name on here a PM can be sent, if it's enabled.
I know

Cornelia, GA

#9 Jul 18, 2010
techy wrote:
There are plenty of people around town that can find that infor out for you but the prices are a bit higher than mentioned here since you will be crossing state lines any good gray would charge 1500 as a base rate. And yes as stated cross us and we can do much worse than break your legs.
Several people in Towns and Union know who most of the people are from court documents they have. There are a lot more than 20 people posting here. In the last record request there was IP addresses for lawyers, bankers, school board members homes, the Towns County Courthouse, The annex building, school board building, five current teachers, two retired teachers, some realtors, the local Chamber and an auto parts store along with over 30 other private residences. Those posts came from April, May and part of June.
Can't prove who but they did prove where.
Joseph William Robert

Jefferson, GA

#10 Jul 18, 2010
Greg wrote:
Who did you have in mind, and why?
This is the year 2010

Young Harris, GA

#11 Jul 18, 2010
I know wrote:
<quoted text>Several people in Towns and Union know who most of the people are from court documents they have. There are a lot more than 20 people posting here. In the last record request there was IP addresses for lawyers, bankers, school board members homes, the Towns County Courthouse, The annex building, school board building, five current teachers, two retired teachers, some realtors, the local Chamber and an auto parts store along with over 30 other private residences. Those posts came from April, May and part of June.
Can't prove who but they did prove where.
A "record request?" What are you talking about? To do it legally takes a subpoena, hence a court order pertaining to a specific criminal or civil law suit before any ISP, IT, web-site (owner), etc., will hand over any data on their customers. Otherwise, they can get sued out of their cotton-pickin’ shorts, fined out the ears by the FCC (and/or have their license revoked) and sent on an extended vacation at a federal country-club by the Department of Justice!

If you, if you go pro se, or your lawyer can’t provide “just cause”(e.g.– one can not just go on a fishing expedition for the heck of it) before a federal judge and get a subpoena based on a (filed) law suit, to get that information anyway means you have to “go gray” and, friend, you DON’T want to get caught going that way! Ask “techy,” who probably spends 99% of his time on the star ship “Enterprise” ;o) figuring out how NOT to get caught. Furthermore, that information and anything resulting from having obtained it illegally would not be admissible in any court of law, state or federal.

Why the feds? Because anytime you log on to the web, you’re on federal turf (jurisdiction).
Sassafrass Tea

Clarkesville, GA

#12 Jul 18, 2010
This is the year 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were to register your name on here a PM can be sent, if it's enabled.
Thanks genius, I was registered on here under Sassafrass Tea 10. It got complicated but in the future I am open to telling if you are.

“A Reasoned Conviction”

Since: Aug 08

Here was There

#13 Jul 18, 2010
Does it really matter?

Come purchase the aluminum canoe I have for sale sitting in my yard on Hwy 129 South about 3 miles from the center of Blairsville and I'll tell you who I am.

Asking $400, it's a 15 foot Landau [no longer made] and weighs over 70 pounds which is too much for me to cartop. Make me a reasonable offer.

OOO
This is the year 2010

Young Harris, GA

#14 Jul 18, 2010
Sassafrass Tea wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks genius, I was registered on here under Sassafrass Tea 10. It got complicated but in the future I am open to telling if you are.
LMAO! Hoping you're female, kissin' and tellin' ain't my style. ;o)
This is the year 2010

Young Harris, GA

#15 Jul 18, 2010
OldOpinionatedOne wrote:
Does it really matter?
Come purchase the aluminum canoe I have for sale sitting in my yard on Hwy 129 South about 3 miles from the center of Blairsville and I'll tell you who I am.
Asking $400, it's a 15 foot Landau [no longer made] and weighs over 70 pounds which is too much for me to cartop. Make me a reasonable offer.
OOO
Maybe try posting a picture? I'd gladly pay twice that for an antique wood one (or a skif) that could be restored.
Gregs Mama

Jefferson, GA

#16 Jul 18, 2010
Just calm down son, don't get your panties in a twist.
Question

Cornelia, GA

#17 Jul 18, 2010
This is the year 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
A "record request?" What are you talking about? To do it legally takes a subpoena, hence a court order pertaining to a specific criminal or civil law suit before any ISP, IT, web-site (owner), etc., will hand over any data on their customers. Otherwise, they can get sued out of their cotton-pickin’ shorts, fined out the ears by the FCC (and/or have their license revoked) and sent on an extended vacation at a federal country-club by the Department of Justice!
If you, if you go pro se, or your lawyer can’t provide “just cause”(e.g.– one can not just go on a fishing expedition for the heck of it) before a federal judge and get a subpoena based on a (filed) law suit, to get that information anyway means you have to “go gray” and, friend, you DON’T want to get caught going that way! Ask “techy,” who probably spends 99% of his time on the star ship “Enterprise” ;o) figuring out how NOT to get caught. Furthermore, that information and anything resulting from having obtained it illegally would not be admissible in any court of law, state or federal.
Why the feds? Because anytime you log on to the web, you’re on federal turf (jurisdiction).
I think there are a couple open law suits in Union. Maybe they are going through those orders or discovery? That's what I was told several months ago. I know several people who got phone calls about posts they thought were secret. I was one of them. Nothing bad just a question of why I posted about a person I know. There is a group of people who have some information. I'm not sure how much.
techy

Waterloo, Canada

#18 Jul 18, 2010
Those of us out there that are in the gray area do not get things done completely legal but we do get results. So no nothing anyone you pay in the gray will be admissible in court but you would have the knowledge of who is speaking ill of you or spreading your business around town. The only satisfaction you will get from going gray would be knowing and I can tell you now if you ask a gray to help you get revenge that's a two way street so make your choice well. Grays go to the highest bidder.
Question

Jefferson, GA

#19 Jul 18, 2010
Getting the IP address is easy, compared to proving that person was actually entering the info on the keyboard at that time.
Lazy Dog

Dawsonville, GA

#20 Jul 18, 2010
Lazy Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
SORRY, I just had ANOTHER mind fart!!! I can bearly breath, I must try to think more clearly or I might die from the smell.
Good try. But Lazy Dog did NOT write quote above.But then again, Who Cares?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School board=family 1 hr OathKeeper 26
Mickey Cummings = RINO 1 hr John 688
ESPLOST. Friend or Foe? 3 hr Tol 23
News Mayoral candidate Zeph Baker holds off disclosi... 14 hr Truth B Told 4
Mickey Cummings weekly column in the North Geor... 15 hr Ludlow Porch 17
Stop calling Floridians Floridiots, we are all ... (Sep '16) 21 hr No Thanks 23
vote them out Fri not right 52

Hiawassee Jobs

Personal Finance

Hiawassee Mortgages