First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Bear Bryant

Glenville, NC

#1 Aug 4, 2012
Ok folks, it's that time again. What's it gonna be this year for the TC Indians? Another 1-9, or are we gonna kick some a$$ this year?? We got a cream puff schedule, should win lots of them I think. Maybe we can start by trotting over to Hayesville in a few weeks and give them an ole fashioned butt whippin!!!
Yawn

Jefferson, GA

#2 Aug 4, 2012
Who cares?
Fan

Dawsonville, GA

#3 Aug 5, 2012
In ten years, people will look at people who allow their children to play football like they look at smokers today. The evidence is just now coming out about the brain trauma caused by concussions. It is estimated that a child who begins playing football at age eight, will have suffered six to eight minor concussions and one moderate concussion by the time they graduate high school.
As more and more college and professional football players come forward and tell about the loss of memory, inability to function socially, and loss of ability to focus after years of head trauma, people will stop denying the danger.
Remember when smoking was cool. Nobody knew it was taking twenty years off their life and diminishing the quality of another twenty.
The proof is out there. Read it. Think it won't happen to your child? Whistling while you walk past the grave yard.
Bear Bryant

Andrews, NC

#4 Aug 5, 2012
Well, after reading this weeks paper (local), I am PUMPED. Looks like TC will be the "real deal" in all facets of the game. Hayesville, Union County, LOOK OUT, here we come!!!!!

And as far as long-term risks. May be, just like cell phone waves, salt, processed food, MSG, deep fried food, sugar, alcohol, driving too fast, etc.... The list goes on and on!!
Sad

Adel, GA

#5 Aug 5, 2012
Fan wrote:
In ten years, people will look at people who allow their children to play football like they look at smokers today. The evidence is just now coming out about the brain trauma caused by concussions. It is estimated that a child who begins playing football at age eight, will have suffered six to eight minor concussions and one moderate concussion by the time they graduate high school.
As more and more college and professional football players come forward and tell about the loss of memory, inability to function socially, and loss of ability to focus after years of head trauma, people will stop denying the danger.
Remember when smoking was cool. Nobody knew it was taking twenty years off their life and diminishing the quality of another twenty.
The proof is out there. Read it. Think it won't happen to your child? Whistling while you walk past the grave yard.
I agree with you. Concussions are bad especially at such a young age. Everything is still forming in the child's brain.
Sad

Adel, GA

#6 Aug 5, 2012
Why do grown ups keep on chewing tobacco around kids? I hope there will be no chewing tobacco on school property this year.
Bulldog

Hiddenite, NC

#7 Aug 15, 2012
Come on. Somebody's gotta know something out there. I'm hearing people say they could go 10-0. It that for real???Or is someone just blowing smoke??
Weak

Fitzgerald, GA

#8 Aug 15, 2012
when did america become so full of pusscakes? complaining about kids playing football.. you all will b!tch about anything
Bull

United States

#9 Aug 15, 2012
Bulldog wrote:
Come on. Somebody's gotta know something out there. I'm hearing people say they could go 10-0. It that for real???Or is someone just blowing smoke??
With the hand picked cupcake schedule they should go 10 - 0 but will be lucky to go 5-5. New QB will help.
Offence lacks imagination and receivers. Good hands on tight end but slow and easy to defend. New Defensive coordinator will help the old one was an ahole. The defensive secondary is weak. Moving old QB to safety will help some but very weak on the corners, slow and slower. The Offensive line is their strong point but zero back ups. If someone goes down the show is over.
Next year might be a little better. The current class of senior athletes are pathetic. The Sophomore class and freshman class is loaded with athletes.
Nooooo

Hiawassee, GA

#10 Aug 15, 2012
Bull wrote:
<quoted text>With the hand picked cupcake schedule they should go 10 - 0 but will be lucky to go 5-5. New QB will help.
Offence lacks imagination and receivers. Good hands on tight end but slow and easy to defend. New Defensive coordinator will help the old one was an ahole. The defensive secondary is weak. Moving old QB to safety will help some but very weak on the corners, slow and slower. The Offensive line is their strong point but zero back ups. If someone goes down the show is over.
Next year might be a little better. The current class of senior athletes are pathetic. The Sophomore class and freshman class is loaded with athletes.
No "Offence," Dumbo, but you're a moron. "...class...are..."? Write much, you pathetic ahole
no sm

Lithonia, GA

#11 Aug 15, 2012
Sad wrote:
Why do grown ups keep on chewing tobacco around kids? I hope there will be no chewing tobacco on school property this year.
and I hope there is no smoking as well
FYI

Jefferson, GA

#12 Aug 15, 2012
no sm wrote:
<quoted text>
and I hope there is no smoking as well
Say something to the new asst. principal. He is also the Athletic Director for HS and MS. Say something to our superintendent. There are signs at the front entrance of the campus that say "tobacco free." Just don't hope...speak up to the right authorities.
momoffive

Texarkana, TX

#13 Aug 16, 2012
Bull wrote:
<quoted text>With the hand picked cupcake schedule they should go 10 - 0 but will be lucky to go 5-5. New QB will help.
Sounds like GREGAWASSEE talking to me. quit being so bitter and negative.
Momoffive

Dawsonville, GA

#14 Aug 16, 2012
momoffive wrote:
<quoted text>
I highly doubt you are a "mom of 5" as well! There are not many of us....be creative and choose another name to post as and stop trying to post as me.

I would not call this person out...I believe he makes SOME good points, but I don't agree with all.
question
#15 Aug 16, 2012
Why would they pick a huge school like Dawson to scrimmage against and risk potential injuries against a team who is clearly so far out of Towns County's league it's not even funny
Game time

Dawsonville, GA

#16 Aug 17, 2012
question wrote:
Why would they pick a huge school like Dawson to scrimmage against and risk potential injuries against a team who is clearly so far out of Towns County's league it's not even funny
Dawson will be playing mostly JV players. Their 1st team would crush us. They go 270 end to end. I watched them get reviewed on channel 2
question
#17 Aug 17, 2012
Game time wrote:
<quoted text> Dawson will be playing mostly JV players. Their 1st team would crush us. They go 270 end to end. I watched them get reviewed on channel 2
Even if they do play just JV players why play a team like that to start them off and open them up to a potential risk of injuries and most teams say they are only playing JV but end up throwing the 1st team in to hurt people and don't say that doesnt happen it does.
KJHJKK

Young Harris, GA

#18 Aug 17, 2012
question wrote:
<quoted text>Even if they do play just JV players why play a team like that to start them off and open them up to a potential risk of injuries and most teams say they are only playing JV but end up throwing the 1st team in to hurt people and don't say that doesnt happen it does.
Towns County has to play schools/teams that are bigger simply because they'd have to travel long distances to play schools of the same size. As a result - they'll always be a punching bag!
Huh

United States

#19 Aug 17, 2012
momoffive wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like someone close to the team. Maybe one of the coaches. From what I know I would say a very good assessment. Unlike the crapola in the paper every week. We have the worst paper in the world when it comes to covering news or sports around here.
Because
#20 Aug 17, 2012
Bull wrote:
I'm surprised TC is not on the UGA schedule this year. Talk about a easy schedule, and for the last two years. No wonder UGA are ranked as high as they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiawassee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change 34 min Counselor 73
Towns County BOE is Lying to Us 9 hr RRC 5
Linda Curtis for Sheriff 15 hr Bad news 714
Bonnie Allen 17 hr Enlightened 21
Fighter Jets Over Hiawassee? 19 hr Not Crystal or he... 29
Fannin County news regarding Mr. Stookey 21 hr FedUp 9
Why all that digging next to Rental Source? Sat MONITOR 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hiawassee Mortgages