New light shed on illegal S. Fla. sla...

New light shed on illegal S. Fla. slaughterhouses

There are 9 comments on the Palm Beach Post story from Dec 20, 2009, titled New light shed on illegal S. Fla. slaughterhouses. In it, Palm Beach Post reports that:

For 20 years, Tony Maqueira has routinely trucked pigs down from upstate to sell in rural Northwest Miami-Dade. With demand for a Nochebuena roast pig at its peak last week, he simply parked his squealing load along West Okeechobee Road and waited for customers from nearby small farms to come to him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Palm Beach Post.

WE JUST DONT CARE

Miami, FL

#1 Dec 21, 2009
"But the small, often-filthy slaughterhouses that have operated for decades in an unincorporated pocket west of Hialeah also are illegal. Most violate an array of business, code, health and environmental regulations. At least a few are suspected as the source of Miami's black market in horse flesh, a thriving illicit trade exposed by a string of grisly horse killings this year. This is going to be a bigger black eye. These illegal slaughter farms have been running for north of 20 to 30 years without anyone doing anything about it,'' said Couto, who left the SPCA to form his own group, Animal Recovery Mission"

Hialeah is a corrupt urinal OWNED by Cuban politicians,Cuban officials and Cuban police .
Who knows who was getting what type of kick back to look the other way.

"This is going to be a bigger black eye."

The real black eye will never be touched because it is to much of a black eye which is some in the Hialeah police dealing in drugs mostly steroids and providing protection for shady people.
Las Vegas Baby

Miami, FL

#2 Dec 22, 2009
Well, that's why you should be able to slaughter the pig in your own back yard. There is nothing like throwing a pig onto a pit or a chinese box and letting it cook all day while entertaining family during the holidays.

Too bad the demoncraps in Miami always want to regulate everything out of existence. No wonder we will never be able to touch vegas.
WE JUST DONT CARE

Miami, FL

#3 Dec 22, 2009
Las Vegas Baby wrote:
Well, that's why you should be able to slaughter the pig in your own back yard. There is nothing like throwing a pig onto a pit or a chinese box and letting it cook all day while entertaining family during the holidays.
Too bad the demoncraps in Miami always want to regulate everything out of existence. No wonder we will never be able to touch vegas.
What in the world are you talking about Miami is run/controlled by Reps. The Mayors are Reps the majority if not all senators,Congress Reps.

The slaughter houses arent licensed and FILTHY that is the problem.

"that's why you should be able to slaughter the pig in your own back yard"

I have no problem at all with this and see nothing wrong with it at all.
Las Vegas Baby

Miami, FL

#4 Dec 23, 2009
WE JUST DONT CARE wrote:
<quoted text>
What in the world are you talking about Miami is run/controlled by Reps. The Mayors are Reps the majority if not all senators,Congress Reps.
The slaughter houses arent licensed and FILTHY that is the problem.
"that's why you should be able to slaughter the pig in your own back yard"
I have no problem at all with this and see nothing wrong with it at all.
FYI: "For Richard Couto, a former board member and investigator with the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals in South Florida, the action was long overdue and, he hopes, the start of a wider crackdown." (Richard Couto is a democrat )

The U.S. Department of Agriculture, Danger said, locked down the freezers and the county issued a five-day notice to cut power.``We're going to put them out of service.''(USDA..another democrat headed fed agency)..which btw shouldn't have any constitutionality anyway along with the Dept of Education)

"He (Coutou) believes the rampant, unregulated butchering of goats, chickens and pigs for everything from Christmas Eve feasts to Santeria rituals to neighborhood cafe fare is even worse." (Great..now not only go after people who want to eat food as nature intended without any interference from big brother but go after people's religious beliefs too)

Lastly "the C-9 Basin is a hot spot for a host of problems -- from cockfighting rings to big, unpermitted gravel lots for semi-trailers -- and they have targeted it in the past with periodic sweeps of animal slaughterhouses."

Well, if those things were legal there wouldn't be any problems now would there. When you need permits for parking on empty gravel lots then that's called OVER REGULATION. Which in reality is a code word for extorting money,fines, etc..so it can be "licensed". It has NOTHING to do with safety.

I stand by my initial statement.

Sonya

Miami, FL

#5 Dec 25, 2009
Your incorrect because ALL the Miami mayors are Republicans the vast majority of city commissioners the Congress,senators and other assorted flunkies .
Kudo

Miami Beach, FL

#6 Jan 2, 2010
Las Vegas....(nice name)...This is Richard Couto..first I'm a republican and second the farms are killing with hammers and butchering the animals alive......thats the problem with this....loser (u must be Cuban)
WE JUST DONT CARE

Miami, FL

#7 Jan 2, 2010
Kudo wrote:
Las Vegas....(nice name)...This is Richard Couto..first I'm a republican and second the farms are killing with hammers and butchering the animals alive......thats the problem with this....loser (u must be Cuban)
I am Cuban and I have never seen such insane people who rally the troops and protect any self serving do nothing Cuban politician,official ONLY because they are also Cuban as I have by the self defeating bunch we Cubans from out of state call the "Miami Cubans " or some call the Hispanic rednecks.

Granted not all are like that but to look at the way Miami is run or NOT run . To look at the incredibly low political standards as far as doing their jobs if anyone is objective they can't disagree with my statement (Well Miami Cubans will disagree)

I am a Dem but cold day in hell when I vote for ANY Cuban Dem or Rep . Never fathomed USA would have such self serving crap politicians,officials as Miami.
Dem/Rep if its Cuban I dont want it in politics.
WE JUST DONT CARE

Miami, FL

#8 Jan 2, 2010
Kudo wrote:
I am surprised your a Rep as would think the Dems would be more sympathetic to your cause/efforts.

In truth I find BOTH parties a disaster here and rather vote for feces than a Dem Raul Martinez but state level NOT banana Republic Miami would have thought Dems would be of greater help to your cause.

If your Cuban no offense . Yo tambien soy Cubano but the Cuban politicians here are the worse . This place needs diversity in politics .
australia

South Perth, Australia

#9 Jul 20, 2011
Dont know what on earth yous r talking bout but all animal crueltyshuld b stopped fairenought slaughter houses r there for a reason but animals SHOULD NOT be kicked, punched, locked in small cages, shouldnt have broken legs and be thrown around or any form of cruelty performed. They shuld b killed quick and pain free no animal torture. Ppl who do not treat them right should b jailed and if i got my hands on these ppl i would torture them slow and painfully....!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hialeah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hero hurricane 14 hr Louisianna Leo 18
Nobody complaining about White people begging 16 hr supremeliberal 3
Gay/Bi teens in Florida (Jul '16) Sun Ajelhindi1211 57
The new hurricane will probably be out tomorrow Sep 22 supremeliberal 3
Adam the Macho Lifeguard to Play Dick "Bugs" Bu... Sep 22 Wheelchair Wave R... 1
Destiny Sep 21 Live To Die 2
Gay guy skype? (May '16) Sep 21 California 6

Hialeah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hialeah Mortgages