What Do Cuban Layoffs Mean for Miami?

What Do Cuban Layoffs Mean for Miami?

There are 88 comments on the NBC Miami story from Sep 16, 2010, titled What Do Cuban Layoffs Mean for Miami?. In it, NBC Miami reports that:

Several thousand layoffs expected in Cuba, but will there be an influx of Cubans in South Florida with no jobs? Teen Shot in Hialeah A teen survives a shooting from a known gang member and he's speaking out to tell his horrifying story and hoping someone will turn in the gunman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Miami.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Dave

Miami, FL

#1 Sep 16, 2010
It will mean more stolen boats from Floridians for the purposes of human smuggling (especially in Naples since it's still mostly Caucasian and they don't have to lock up everything like in Miami).
Plus, we'll have a lot more people on rafts hitting the keys.
Cnexer

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Sep 16, 2010
Dave wrote:
It will mean more stolen boats from Floridians for the purposes of human smuggling (especially in Naples since it's still mostly Caucasian and they don't have to lock up everything like in Miami).
Plus, we'll have a lot more people on rafts hitting the keys.
You're nothing but a scum bag piece of shit P.R. envious that you're not a white Hispanic, negro bembon y maricon. Buddy I feel sorry for you, all you do is bash because of your envy towards people that are better then you in all aspects of life, ain't that a bitch mulato half breed M.F.
Dave

Miami, FL

#3 Sep 17, 2010
Cnexer wrote:
<quoted text>
You're nothing but a scum bag piece of shit P.R. envious that you're not a white Hispanic, negro bembon y maricon. Buddy I feel sorry for you, all you do is bash because of your envy towards people that are better then you in all aspects of life, ain't that a bitch mulato half breed M.F.
Why do you keep insisting that I'm Puerto Rican?
I'm a European American whose father immigrated from Europe and whose mother has had family here since the 1700's.
My observations about crime and Miami are the result of my experience being born here (1962) & raised in that toilet, it has nothing to do with "envy".
You're so stupid that I'm embarrassed for you.

Now try to address my comment about crime/boat theft and Balseros instead of getting off on some irrelevant tangent about "Puerto Rican's".
Cnexer

United States

#4 Sep 17, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep insisting that I'm Puerto Rican?
I'm a European American whose father immigrated from Europe and whose mother has had family here since the 1700's.
My observations about crime and Miami are the result of my experience being born here (1962) & raised in that toilet, it has nothing to do with "envy".
You're so stupid that I'm embarrassed for you.
Now try to address my comment about crime/boat theft and Balseros instead of getting off on some irrelevant tangent about "Puerto Rican's".
Yea right a dumb PR white wannabe.
Dave

Miami, FL

#5 Sep 17, 2010
Cnexer wrote:
<quoted text>
I now understand why you wish me to be Puerto Rican, because Cubans can't stand PR's and they feel superior to them.
Trust me, if I were Puerto Rican, I would be boasting of my heritage and my ability to humiliate your silly ass in a debate.
Cnexer

United States

#6 Sep 17, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I now understand why you wish me to be Puerto Rican, because Cubans can't stand PR's and they feel superior to them.
Trust me, if I were Puerto Rican, I would be boasting of my heritage and my ability to humiliate your silly ass in a debate.
Buddy you have it all wrong its the other way around because knowing that Cubans have been way more successful then PR's by a large margin they envy the crap out of Cubans that's where the hate kicks in, capishe.
Educate yourself a bit: Google: US Census Bureau Facts about Cuban Americans
Dave

Miami, FL

#7 Sep 17, 2010
Cnexer wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddy you have it all wrong its the other way around because knowing that Cubans have been way more successful then PR's by a large margin they envy the crap out of Cubans that's where the hate kicks in, capishe.
Educate yourself a bit: Google: US Census Bureau Facts about Cuban Americans
Once again, you've shown your poor comprehension skills, I never said that "Puerto Rican's are more successful than Cubans" nor did I imply it.
My point was that you feel superior to them and it allows you to feel smug assuming that you are debating one (which you are not).
There are plenty of free reading courses that are offered to recent immigrants who still have seaweed in their hair.
Cnexer

United States

#8 Sep 17, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you've shown your poor comprehension skills, I never said that "Puerto Rican's are more successful than Cubans" nor did I imply it.
My point was that you feel superior to them and it allows you to feel smug assuming that you are debating one (which you are not).
There are plenty of free reading courses that are offered to recent immigrants who still have seaweed in their hair.
Let me ask you scum bag why are you so concerned on defending PR's stating that Cubans feel superior; does it tick you off because it seems it does. Moron I was born in NJ back in 1954 to Cuban Parents who migrated in 53. prior to that my greats have been in the U.S. Tampa/Key West since the early 1800's and if you didn't know Cubans have been coming to North America since the early 1700's and many settled during that time so Cubans are not all 1900's immigrants like many other immigrants that left their country looking for a better life because they couldn't make it back home. By the way just to piss you off pussy yea Cubans are superior then PR's and many other immigrants that came to this country back when your greats arrived.
Dave

Miami, FL

#9 Sep 17, 2010
Cnexer wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you scum bag why are you so concerned on defending PR's stating that Cubans feel superior; does it tick you off because it seems it does. Moron I was born in NJ back in 1954 to Cuban Parents who migrated in 53. prior to that my greats have been in the U.S. Tampa/Key West since the early 1800's and if you didn't know Cubans have been coming to North America since the early 1700's and many settled during that time so Cubans are not all 1900's immigrants like many other immigrants that left their country looking for a better life because they couldn't make it back home. By the way just to piss you off pussy yea Cubans are superior then PR's and many other immigrants that came to this country back when your greats arrived.
I never defended PR's, I ridiculed Cubans who feel superior to them.
I know that Cubans are very successful, I was born in Miami.
I know that most PR's are drunks who don't work and live off the income from their sisters, mothers, etc.
You're preaching to the choir and you have nothing that you can add to my knowledge of the distinctions between the cultural groups in America, especially in Miami.
question authority

Triangle, VA

#10 Sep 17, 2010
Cnexer wrote:
<quoted text>
And who do you think YOU are for judging a person's character by mentioning a simple condition. It's YOU who has the problem.
question authority

Triangle, VA

#11 Sep 17, 2010
Cnexer wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a troll. Go bye, bye. Go play outside for awhile.
question authority

Triangle, VA

#12 Sep 17, 2010
Can't believe this playyard brawl over one rather OBVIOUS statement.

As for Cubans, let me tell you something nutcase C, it's YOU and yours who put up with the crap on your island and put up with the stupid government you have. Now you're bitching and moaning about a U.S. citizen, and by the way a Puerto Rican IS of the U.S., who made a simple statement that offended Mr. Thin Skin. OUR country is in trouble now. Our OWN young folks can't get jobs and it AIN'T because they're all stupid. Some have degrees. And you, Mr. Prissy, think you should be treated special simply because of your nationality.
You wanna dump insults, go ahead dump em all on me, you prick.
Cnexer

United States

#13 Sep 17, 2010
question authority wrote:
Can't believe this playyard brawl over one rather OBVIOUS statement.
As for Cubans, let me tell you something nutcase C, it's YOU and yours who put up with the crap on your island and put up with the stupid government you have. Now you're bitching and moaning about a U.S. citizen, and by the way a Puerto Rican IS of the U.S., who made a simple statement that offended Mr. Thin Skin. OUR country is in trouble now. Our OWN young folks can't get jobs and it AIN'T because they're all stupid. Some have degrees. And you, Mr. Prissy, think you should be treated special simply because of your nationality.
You wanna dump insults, go ahead dump em all on me, you prick.
Go f@#k yourself and your family you don't know shit about the Cuban system look at Russia over one hundred years of Communism, China, Chekoslavakia, Poland, East Germany, Korea, Vietnam, you name it, all those countries are still under Communist rules What the f@#k do you say about those countries, OPPRESSION, ASSASSINATIONS, TORTURES, BOMBINGS you don't know shit about what Communism is mother F@[email protected], then you got all these scum bags with turds up their asses bombing the shit out of building in the U.S. and what, have we done anything about it, well its time that we should before they keep shoving their terrorism up our asses.
We got these clown in our back yard and nothing is being done. Much for bravery uhh.
Dave

Miami, FL

#14 Sep 17, 2010
Cnexer wrote:
<quoted text>
Go f@#k yourself and your family you don't know shit about the Cuban system look at Russia over one hundred years of Communism, China, Chekoslavakia, Poland, East Germany, Korea, Vietnam, you name it, all those countries are still under Communist rules What the f@#k do you say about those countries, OPPRESSION, ASSASSINATIONS, TORTURES, BOMBINGS you don't know shit about what Communism is mother F@[email protected], then you got all these scum bags with turds up their asses bombing the shit out of building in the U.S. and what, have we done anything about it, well its time that we should before they keep shoving their terrorism up our asses.
We got these clown in our back yard and nothing is being done. Much for bravery uhh.
Listen gusano, it is spelled "Czechoslovakia" and they are no longer communist since 1989.
question authority

Triangle, VA

#15 Sep 17, 2010
Cnexer wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're making assumptions. I didn't say I loved MY government did I? At any rate you got something right on. If we don't DO something about these terrorists, etc. and stop pussy footing, we'll become your circumstance and you won't get out of it. So what would you propose?

At any rate, that's not the issue on this thread. It's a legitimate point for us AND you. What's the point in escaping here if there's nothing for you? And the way it's going, it's likely to get worse.
Cnexer

United States

#16 Sep 17, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen gusano, it is spelled "Czechoslovakia" and they are no longer communist since 1989.
There you go Latin boy you do know Spanish do you boricua maricon.
Cnexer

United States

#17 Sep 17, 2010
question authority wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you're making assumptions. I didn't say I loved MY government did I? At any rate you got something right on. If we don't DO something about these terrorists, etc. and stop pussy footing, we'll become your circumstance and you won't get out of it. So what would you propose?
At any rate, that's not the issue on this thread. It's a legitimate point for us AND you. What's the point in escaping here if there's nothing for you? And the way it's going, it's likely to get worse.
You might not love your government but you are one of millions of ignorant f@#ks in this country that don't know crap of what Communism is really all about. Have you lived it? No of course not it's easy to criticize others that have lived it and argue that why didn't we fight back, moron we did fight back and where left behind with out any ammunition at the end, shit happens doesn't it. Try asking a Vietnam soldier that was tortured of what Communism can do to you and he will only telling you the out skirts and a pinch of what Communism is all about because they didn't live it for 51 years.
Cnexer

United States

#18 Sep 17, 2010
Cnexer wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go Latin boy you do know Spanish do you boricua maricon.
Knuckle head but they sure did lived it for many years just ask one of them and ask him why didn't he and others over through the system, he'll probably laugh in your face and call you an idiot and call you just another dumb ignorant American but then you're just another dumb PR.
Dave

Miami, FL

#19 Sep 17, 2010
Cnexer wrote:
<quoted text>
You might not love your government but you are one of millions of ignorant f@#ks in this country that don't know crap of what Communism is really all about. Have you lived it? No of course not it's easy to criticize others that have lived it and argue that why didn't we fight back, moron we did fight back and where left behind with out any ammunition at the end, shit happens doesn't it. Try asking a Vietnam soldier that was tortured of what Communism can do to you and he will only telling you the out skirts and a pinch of what Communism is all about because they didn't live it for 51 years.
I have been to two different communist nations (China and Czechoslovakia in 1987).
Some people fight communism like the Hungarians, the Poles, the Czechs even the Russians, but not gusano's like you.
As much as you hate to admit it, there are millions of Cubans in Cuba that worship Fidel and I would suspect that there are many in Mimai that would fall to their knees and lick his feet if he appeared before them.
Cnexer

United States

#20 Sep 17, 2010
Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been to two different communist nations (China and Czechoslovakia in 1987).
Some people fight communism like the Hungarians, the Poles, the Czechs even the Russians, but not gusano's like you.
As much as you hate to admit it, there are millions of Cubans in Cuba that worship Fidel and I would suspect that there are many in Mimai that would fall to their knees and lick his feet if he appeared before them.
Boricua, learn how to spell dumb ass, what the hell do you know about being Cuban and the history of what Cubans went through, worry about your kind that are sucking the life out of American tax payers not only in the U.S. but in your country. Know that's embarrassing as f@#k. You probably have your kids on well fare and food stamps don't ya.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hialeah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FIDEL CASTRO - CANNONIZED by POPE ! 3 hr FIDEL a REVOLUTIO... 3
Guy’s that Blow Gas - You need Jack's 13 hr linda35ny 1
why do american blacks have such low iq's? (Mar '09) 15 hr TRUMP a NIGERIAN ... 519
News Miami-Dade visitor centers open the door to tou... 15 hr Horatio the HornB... 4
Adam the Macho Lifeguard: A Man for all Seasons? 15 hr Stan Yutz - Yentil 2
Heroin in Opa Locka (Oct '12) Dec 8 deedee 42
i love the man with the testicles Dec 8 Chief By George -... 4

Hialeah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hialeah Mortgages