Florida investigates complaints about...

Florida investigates complaints about prepaid phone cards

There are 23 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 13, 2008, titled Florida investigates complaints about prepaid phone cards. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Every week, millions of consumers buy prepaid calling cards, primarily to make international calls to family and friends.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Judy Rodriguez

Pompano Beach, FL

#24 Apr 15, 2008
I was just discussing this pre-paid calling card with my co-workers. My husband went to Brazil on a mission trip with our church and he purchased a card for $5 which was for 9 hours. Every 30 seconds the call would drop. The whole 8 days that my husband was away, I was able to speak to him a total of probably 1 hour. This was truly a rip off. He purchased the card from a Brazilian store in Boca Raton.
Bob

Lake Worth, FL

#25 Apr 16, 2008
"target poor Hispanic immigrants who may not be fluent in English and often lack the necessary documentation to obtain a cellular-or land-based phone account"

This is the nice way to say these cards target ILLEGAL ALIENS .
zmaughan

Maitland, FL

#26 Jul 12, 2011
Bob wrote:
"target poor Hispanic immigrants who may not be fluent in English and often lack the necessary documentation to obtain a cellular-or land-based phone account"
This is the nice way to say these cards target ILLEGAL ALIENS .
Bob whether they do this to Hispanic or any other immigrants it's not right it's against the law also Illegal Aliens or not they have paid for the product therefor the transaction if LEGAL. I am not an illegal alien and I have been scam using the prepaid calling cards.How do you think they know who's illegal or Hispanic immigrants ? They reason why I use those cards is because I am intelligent enough to realize that I don't want to pay the over the ceilling rate that the use of a landline or cellular will charge you for making an international call.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hialeah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adam the Macho Lifeguard Headed to Red Rocks to... 3 hr Greg Allmans Ghost 2
Adam the Macho Lifeguard to Star as Lumpy in "W... 5 hr Wheelchair Wave R... 1
What is up with Lynn Martinez's face? (Jan '15) 7 hr Sandra3022 15
Gay Skype (May '16) 8 hr mascsub89 37
Where the boy at in miami ? (Oct '15) 11 hr S16BG 81
law maker threatened 13 hr kyman 1
Adam the Macho Lifeguard to Play Claude Bawls i... 19 hr Wheel Chair Wave ... 1

Hialeah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance