Carnival Cruises Bans Drag Costumes from RuPaul's Drag Race Themed Cruise

Nov 27, 2012 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: blogs.miaminewtimes.com

On December 2nd, The Carnival Glory will depart from the Port of Miami carrying about two dozen drag queens from Logo's RuPaul's Drag Race , but Carnival Cruises has managed to spark a bit of controversy a week before the ship even sails by banning drag costumes.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Lady Looks Like A Dude

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

It'll be like watching reruns of The Love Boat while high on LSD.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Dude Looks Like A Lady wrote:
SOS, SOS, women and children and transgenders first!!!
Man overboard, no wait that's a uhh...
(with all the rubber parts)... a personal flotation device!

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Fa-Foxy wrote:
Anyone here ever see "Boat Trip" with Cuba Gooding Jr. & Roger Moore ?
LOL
I was working at a video store when it came out. I saw the reviews and adjusted my viewing schedule accordingly... to avoid it.
Pete Moss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

I can't believe Carnival can fill an entire cruise ship with these twisted, warped freaks.
Knowledge for Homophobes

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Pete Moss wrote:
I can't believe Carnival can fill an entire cruise ship with these twisted, warped freaks.
All-gay cruises are a mainstay of the cruise industry
http://www.atlantisevents.com/cruise_what.php

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Pete Moss wrote:
My friend's father is a part of the Drag Queen culture locally, and he is the sweetest, kindest man I know. Through him I've met several others who perform, and most of them do a great deal for local charities, donating a large percentage of their earnings.

Can you say the same?
Pete Moss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend's father is a part of the Drag Queen culture locally, and he is the sweetest, kindest man I know. Through him I've met several others who perform, and most of them do a great deal for local charities, donating a large percentage of their earnings.
Can you say the same?
Yes. Yes I can. And since you brought it up... good deeds aren't going to save anyone. Suggest you read Matthew 7: 22-23.
Bon Scott

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Pete Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Yes I can. And since you brought it up... good deeds aren't going to save anyone. Suggest you read Matthew 7: 22-23.
Good deeds may not save anyone, but dirty deeds are done dirt cheap---concrete shoes, cyanide, TNT.
Gopher

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Judged:

Pete Moss wrote:
If they can fill San Francisco, then they can fill a cruise ship

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Pete Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you didn't get the nuance of the passage. The key is "in your name".

Good deeds that come from a kind heart ARE the litmus test.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Pete Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
What would they need to be "saved" from? They are good folks, living good lives in the community, and I'm sure they follow a variety of religious beliefs, just like everyone else. They are simply performing for the public, most of whom are straight.

Is it the female clothes? Then you need to fight the practice of straight men donning them at Halloween and to raise money for charity events like Relay for Life, where "The most Beautiful Man" contests are common during events and raise a great deal of money for cancer causes.

And yes I've read the verse, which only states not to trumpet your works for glory, but I've also read these:

Galations 6
And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.

Hebrews 10
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works.

You can't judge another person's heart, or their soul, so don't pretend to try.

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Pete Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recall saying that anyone was trying to get to heaven through good works.

But, the types of good works one does are often a clue to the nature of a person's heart, aren't they?

The basis for the way for all Christians to live is “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”

That's a little hard to do unless you follow in the footsteps of Jesus and feed the hungry, help the sick, and hang out with and love those that society marginalizes.
Carnival Cruise is CHEESY

Berlin, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Cruise ships are the most cheesy form of entertainment and I think it's hypocritical that they would ban Drag from their ships. Heck Carnival is in the news every other month or so for their crew abandoning their passengers, or their ships breaking down in the middle of the ocean, or passengers going missing, and the entertainment on most those isn't anything special. The look and style of most modern ships are rather cheesy as well, and on top of that when ever the ships keep breaking down or sinking they turn into floating prisons and jails in which the passengers live in their own filth serving time like common inmates. I can't believe that they would think that they are superior to even Drag Queens. ha ha ha

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Carnival Cruise is CHEESY wrote:
Cruise ships are the most cheesy form of entertainment and I think it's hypocritical that they would ban Drag from their ships. Heck Carnival is in the news every other month or so for their crew abandoning their passengers, or their ships breaking down in the middle of the ocean, or passengers going missing, and the entertainment on most those isn't anything special. The look and style of most modern ships are rather cheesy as well, and on top of that when ever the ships keep breaking down or sinking they turn into floating prisons and jails in which the passengers live in their own filth serving time like common inmates. I can't believe that they would think that they are superior to even Drag Queens. ha ha ha
You're correct. A bunch of drunken slobs, sitting in Walmart finery, shoving down food and drink like there is no tomorrow. The ships are over decorated and cheap looking. The "entertainment" the lowest form of ersatz Las Vegas high kicks and boring comedians. They ALWAYS have a drag show to make the Kansas matrons scream with laughter, but when it is REAL drag, they suddenly go all pious.
Missy De LaFontaine

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Karmic Payback is a bitch, darlings!!

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Missy De LaFontaine wrote:
Karmic Payback is a bitch, darlings!!
...and they certainly got their didn't they - 4200 people stuck on a non-moving boat!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 36 of36
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hialeah Discussions

Search the Hialeah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Cubans in the independence of the USA 18 min WE JUST DONT CARE 8
suck it miami you lost baby bron bron 1 hr kyrie 2
Miami Playground Adult store & club (May '12) 4 hr Doc Proper 30
China & Russia Both To Cuba !!! Thu Cubaking Rules 3
Enjoying Life! Thu BigBill 6
Review: Rainaway Roofing Corp. Thu Bobbie F 4
Miami Stores Enjoy Thriving Business From Cuban... Jul 9 Shykora Is Gay 2
•••
•••