Threat of severe weather for tonight

There are 13 comments on the Jul 19, 2007, Newsday story titled Threat of severe weather for tonight. In it, Newsday reports that:

Normalcy appeared to be returning Thursday, a day after intense downpours slammed Long Island.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
storm field

Orlando, FL

#23 Jul 19, 2007
irresponcible for newsday to run a headline like that.. must be run by kids. where's the weather? Wow. idiots.
Jane

Massapequa Park, NY

#24 Jul 19, 2007
I love you guys. You keep me giggling, and that's a good thing.
You dont say

Fort Lee, NJ

#25 Jul 19, 2007
Just giving Richie time to get to the all-you-can-eat buffet and back before he has to do a standup talking head PR on how we should have been prepared, and too bad all the wires are twisting in the wind because it's just too expensive to bury them, so we'll just continue to let them fail and repair them instead.

Film at 11...
Andrew from Bellmore

Brentwood, NY

#28 Jul 19, 2007
people act like they have never seen rain or thunderstorms before...I don't understand what the hysteria is.
Josh in Ozone Park

Safety Harbor, FL

#29 Jul 19, 2007
Travel Prophet wrote:
To LIRR travelers:
Reserve your hotel rooms now. Do not wait. To not phone. Do not ask.
If you risk it by getting on the LIRR, you get what you deserve. The train will be stuck. You will not be informed. You will not be refunded. You will be stuck in a sweaty, smelly, stuffy car full of people on cell phones. Conductors will hide from you.
Do not take the LIRR. Book your rooms now. Odds are they will cancel the trains due to clouds or wind or if someone even breaks wind.
Avoid the LIRR like the clap. You'll be happy you did.
Another stupid attempt at comedy. Probably home grown. Very dad!
Josh in Ozone Park

Safety Harbor, FL

#30 Jul 19, 2007
Very SAD! I got there first.

Westfield, MA

#31 Jul 19, 2007
not to worry folks. kessel has it under control......"whats that richie, you want another jelly doughnut?"
fed up

Nutley, NJ

#32 Jul 19, 2007
i hate al gore.
Wake up call

United States

#33 Jul 19, 2007
Damn the Liquer store is closed

Since: Jun 07

Copiague, NY

#34 Jul 20, 2007
[QUOTE who="ketchup
Ok, I'm not usually one to point out a spelling mistake on here, but when it's more than one mistake in a row, I have to say something....
"23 beached" were closed? 70 beaches "were remained"?? Come on now, the 'd' in place of an 's' I can forgive (who hasn't done that?), but the wrong tense of a verb slipping through? My 3 year old nephew could do a better job editing.
[/QUOTE]

Thes is four Ketchup. Have a ball. I hop I made yore day.

See if there's a thread for the National spelling bee championship. If not, who cares about a couple of typos??
HEAR ME NOW

United States

#35 Jul 20, 2007
Bill1154 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thes is four Ketchup. Have a ball. I hop I made yore day.
See if there's a thread for the National spelling bee championship. If not, who cares about a couple of typos??
these are not typos, they are a direct result of the hiring of non-english speaking/writing wetbacks that newsday hires

Since: Jun 07

Oceanside, NY

#36 Jul 20, 2007
Clean up from the storm started? Nice! There's 4 leaves in my driveway, 1 cigarette butt and I think I saw a McDonalds cup (looks to be a large) rolling up the street early this morning. Way to go Town of Hempstead, you guys R O C K cleaning up this disaster!!!!!
real trash

Levittown, NY

#37 Jul 20, 2007
Good, lets start cleaning the trash that insist on wearing tank tops to resturants to the rest of us can really enjoy our meal while looking at their underarm hair! Only on LI.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hewlett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Searching... 17 hr Military Family 1
News Ben Affleck and the debate for Reparation conti... Sat Oh No You Di-nt 26
News Ghost bikes: A decade of quietly remembering th... Sat Ace of Spades 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Apr 24 drhuni 26
News Nassau's Fifth Police Precinct in Elmont reopens Apr 24 Just Saying 4
Review: Al's One Stop Auto (Aug '11) Feb '15 jasongeo2 58
Review: Hewlett Medical Office PC - Andre G Ser... (Jun '10) Apr '14 Alisha R 12
More from around the web

Hewlett People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]