Horse killed in Heuvelton car-buggy c...

Horse killed in Heuvelton car-buggy crash

There are 28 comments on the Watertown Daily Times story from Jan 10, 2013, titled Horse killed in Heuvelton car-buggy crash. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

The driver of an Amish buggy was injured and his horse killed after the vehicle was struck from behind by a car Thursday evening, firefighters at the scene said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Former Heuvelton resident

Pawtucket, RI

#21 Feb 13, 2013
Farmers crossing cows across the road would be exempt. Again.... crossing the road is a lot different than traveling down the road! Are all the other posters on here Amish or what? Modern living needs to be enforced. This is not Walnut Grove anymore!!!!!!
Stinky stinky

Syracuse, NY

#22 Feb 13, 2013
They need to open the border and move em all to canada. We can line the roads waving and throwing their horse shit back at them. Seriously with all these laws in ny and they follow none. I am tempted to grab some those deer they shoot illegally hang em in my front yard and have a neiborhood bbq the day they leave.
Penelope

United States

#23 Feb 16, 2013
Former Heuvelton resident wrote:
Farmers crossing cows across the road would be exempt. Again.... crossing the road is a lot different than traveling down the road! Are all the other posters on here Amish or what? Modern living needs to be enforced. This is not Walnut Grove anymore!!!!!!
"modern living needs to be enforced?" Are you serious? You're a knucklehead. All you genius's on here complaining about horse manure on the road...OMG...horses are herbivores, the birds and other critters eat it up and it's usually gone the next day. The gas we burn while driving our cars is more damaging to the environment than manure is. So lighten up, pull your head out of your ass and worry about more important things like how to get the white trash to quit sucking off the system. Do our tax dollars go to the Amish to feed their children? Absolutely not. They provide for themselves.

Pawtucket, RI

#24 Feb 19, 2013
"Do out tax dollars go to the Amish to feed their children?" NO!!!(I guess)... but OUR tax money does build and maintain the roads that the AMISH horses use and shit on!!! And what a dumb thing to say that that crap is "usually done the next day" That's bull s_it!!! Or I mean horses_it!!!!
Penelope

United States

#25 Feb 19, 2013
Former Heuvelton resident wrote:
"Do out tax dollars go to the Amish to feed their children?" NO!!!(I guess)... but OUR tax money does build and maintain the roads that the AMISH horses use and shit on!!! And what a dumb thing to say that that crap is "usually done the next day" That's bull s_it!!! Or I mean horses_it!!!!
I can't argue with you, genius. You know it all and have everything figured out. When you do pull your head out of your ass someday, I hope you will see things differently.
local

Brooklyn, NY

#26 Feb 19, 2013
ha ha wrote:
the state charges them more taxes for what they do to the road and they use cash for everything! they dont have social security numbers no file tax returns. they would crumble if they had to follow the rules of the common man
. I think It's time you do some research you lard a__!!!!! Amish people DO have social security numbers an pay income taxes the same as everyone else.

Pawtucket, RI

#27 Mar 5, 2013
I think you would have a change of mind if you were to "god forbid" run into an Amish buggy and kill someone!
Hoosier Kid

Elkhart, IN

#28 Mar 6, 2013
ha ha wrote:
the state charges them more taxes for what they do to the road and they use cash for everything! they dont have social security numbers no file tax returns. they would crumble if they had to follow the rules of the common man
Little do you know. They do have SS numbers, they do receive unemployment if needed, and they do pay a wheel tax in areas requiring it. No they do not use cash for everything.

As I stated, little do you know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Heuvelton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
here we go again 7 hr Brooke 6
workplace bullies at work bully signs Sun Caution Danger Ahead 1
Bullying Prevention for the Workplace Sun Managed Control F... 1
Workplace Harassment Prevention Sun Miss Conduct 1
Employee Morale? Break them down and Mold them ... Sun Enviromental Abuse 1
Enviro Mental Hazards Sun Raise Your Voices 1
the girls that work at Stewart's in heuvelton. May 20 getrealplz 1
More from around the web

Heuvelton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE