Fatal accident kills 1

Fatal accident kills 1

There are 34 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jul 11, 2009, titled Fatal accident kills 1. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

A 21-year-old Colorado resident was killed Friday when his Jeep Cherokee was struck by a pick-up truck at about 10:30 p.m. Aaron Dwyer, of Durango, Colo., was pronounced dead on the scene from blunt force trauma, according to a statement released by the San Juan County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amber

United States

#1 Jul 11, 2009
RIP we will are be here for you all. He truly had the best father and Step mom ever.
fcsj

Rio Rancho, NM

#2 Jul 12, 2009
(Formerly Chicken Street Jhon-the Daily times won't let me post opions anymore)- Yeah, this accident happened at milemarker 165 on 550 in Centerpoint. I was treating a Medicare patient at Centerpoint when my pager went off around 10:45PM. That pick up truck had too much weight(4 wheel ATV) in the back of it bed to stop in time. It's a miracle that there were not more fatalities due to the caravan of vechiles traveling southbound. What about those big rig truck drivers trying to be hero's!!(LOL) What a joke. Sorry truckers,but carrying flashlights and yelling at the north bound traffic to "Git on da shoulder!!" is not my idea of helping out.
Heidi

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jul 12, 2009
Aaron was growing up into a really great man. We will miss him always. May his family find peace in this time of sorrow.
ChickenShackJhon

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Jul 12, 2009
fcsj wrote:
(Formerly Chicken Street Jhon-the Daily times won't let me post opions anymore)- Yeah, this accident happened at milemarker 165 on 550 in Centerpoint. I was treating a Medicare patient at Centerpoint when my pager went off around 10:45PM. That pick up truck had too much weight(4 wheel ATV) in the back of it bed to stop in time. It's a miracle that there were not more fatalities due to the caravan of vechiles traveling southbound. What about those big rig truck drivers trying to be hero's!!(LOL) What a joke. Sorry truckers,but carrying flashlights and yelling at the north bound traffic to "Git on da shoulder!!" is not my idea of helping out.
Since when were you allowed to wield bandages and an aspirin pill for victims, fc?
Lori

Albuquerque, NM

#5 Jul 12, 2009
Guys, keep your eyes on the ball here. Many of us lost a wonderful friend, an amazing man, and probably the best out of all of us.

He was more than just some "21 year old" as this story so clinically puts it.

Jason was right, he was a "Great young man"

and one I am honored, to have known.
JP02L27

United States

#7 Jul 12, 2009
You will be missed. When I heard the news, I was shocked. It was an awakening for me.

He still puts the A in Man.

You will be remembered forever.
Jade

United States

#8 Jul 12, 2009
What a horrible tragedy. May he rest in peace.
justnobody

Albuquerque, NM

#9 Jul 12, 2009
Don't know what fcsj was seeing, but there was not a ATV in the back of that pick up. In fact the pick up had a bed cover on it! You should get your facts straight before letting your fingers fly.

“getting closer to home...”

Since: Aug 08

middle of nowhere NM

#10 Jul 12, 2009
justnobody wrote:
Don't know what fcsj was seeing, but there was not a ATV in the back of that pick up. In fact the pick up had a bed cover on it! You should get your facts straight before letting your fingers fly.
try another name please its mine and registered in topix
jus-nobody

Montrose, CO

#12 Jul 13, 2009
just_nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
try another name please its mine and registered in topix
Urz iz wiff an underscore
chief bowels

Tuba City, AZ

#13 Jul 13, 2009
yes, indeed you are!!
fcsj

Rio Rancho, NM

#14 Jul 13, 2009
justnobody wrote:
I was one of the first Medical Tech's on the sceen. I was a rock's throw away in Centerpoint treating an elderly patient for breathing problems when I recieved an emergency page. I arrived on the North bound side of the road,observed the light brown pickup truck with the 4-wheel ATV sitting in the middle of the highway. 10:52 PM. I know the facts,I was there. Get your facts straight before letting your finger fly!!!
Native X

Los Lunas, NM

#15 Jul 13, 2009
fcsj
So now you are a volunteer or a medic? With your racist attitude I am suprised you care about anyone but yourself. Oh ya you get tax breaks and are probably getting paid for it.
csgb

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Jul 13, 2009
Sorry, just_nobody. Didn't mean to take your name.

fcsj, the pick up that was involved in that fatal was not light brown, it was white.
Someone who cares

Aztec, NM

#17 Jul 13, 2009
WOW you all are fighting here really stop and think about this for a min. Someone wonderful lost there life. Aaron was a good person and there family is going though alot. How would you feel if this was your son, brother, cousin, or friend that lost there life in a sad way and you seen people just fighting all over the comments page. Aaron is my Step Sisters son and his Dad would not enjoy seeing all these comments on here. So please for the respect of the family leave some of this off.

RIP Aaron you will be forever missed.
Love You Scott and Emily my thoughts and prayers are with you all.
csgb

Albuquerque, NM

#18 Jul 13, 2009
You are right. My most sincere apologies for arguing on the board.

My deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Aaron. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.
another mom

Tehachapi, CA

#19 Jul 13, 2009
Was just in your area and that intersection is a bad one. Sorry to hear about a young man losing his life. May God be with his family diuring this time of need.
Sammi

Santa Fe, NM

#20 Jul 13, 2009
Aaron was a wonderful person and an awesome friend he always spoke his mind and did what he said he was going to do for all of us who know and love him we could call on him anytime and he would be there for us.He helpped me through some rough times and when he went appart of me went with him he is where he can help all of us now....
my prayers are with all of his family
Sammi and Bradeon
Sage Kills

Salt Lake City, UT

#21 Jul 14, 2009
Meh...If that "good" kid was too stupid to understand that a STOP sign means "stop"...then it's just nature's way of weeding out the dumb one's! Glad he was the only 1 to die and not take any innocent people with him for his DUMB mistake!
A Friend of the Family

Albuquerque, NM

#22 Jul 14, 2009
Sage Kills.
Have you never made a mistake? have you ever, possibly done something wrong?
have you ever taken a pen from the bank?
or took two pieces of candy when one was the limit?
Thank you, for being cruel and heartless to the family of Aaron, may someone do unto you what you have done unto them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hesperus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Durango Jukebox (Jul '12) Aug 5 Musikologist 19
Moving to Durango? (Nov '11) Jun '16 money velocity 2
Poll What is Y'all favorite holiday? (Jan '16) Jun '16 money velocity 2
News Arvada teen speaks after sleepwalking 9 miles (Nov '15) Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 2
News Colorado's Durango & Silverton still the little... (Aug '09) Apr '16 The Truth 6
Review: Bodeans Towing LLC (Jun '14) Jan '16 A Gorton 3
Debate: Immigrant Amnesty - Hesperus, CO (Nov '11) Dec '11 Sonny 2

Hesperus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hesperus Mortgages