Local: Visalia pastor sues son over 'cyberbullying'

Oct 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Fresno Bee

Visalia Calvary Church pastor, the Rev. Bob Grenier, and his wife, Gayle, have sued their estranged son, Alex Grenier, accusing him of defamation and cyberbullying.

Comments
1,441 - 1,460 of 1,861 Comments Last updated Apr 6, 2014
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1501
Feb 3, 2013
 
Fact: Geoff was a muscular, violent bully whose behavior necessitated a harsher form of discipline than would be required for a little bitty girl. His steroid abuse made an appropriate level of discipline both more necessary and more difficult to administer.

Fact: Alex perceives his childhood as filled with poor parenting, and he is now years later armchair quarterbacking his way into court. Alex recounted his perceptions of poor parenting to Detectives of the Visalia Police Department a few years back ('ish).
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1502
Feb 3, 2013
 
Fact: Alex has only within the last year spoken of showering with his father once. He either remembered it, made it up, or assigned to it a significance that it had previously not held for him. His memory was only written about after he and Paul met with an attorney that pays his rent by suing people and organizations that he believes he can win against.

Fact: Family members of the same gender have been known to, out of occasional necessity, bathe together. This is not prima facie abusive, and Alex gives it a spin that the unmentioned event had never had for him before.

Fact: Fathers occasionally and out of necessity sometimes leave their bedroom in their longjohns.

Fact: Bob Grenier had a vasectomy, and Alex is levying various claims regarding this that are being made for the first time today. His claims would have more credibility if they were part of his story from day one. However, given Alex' propensity to exaggerate and invent, I believe that Alex' most recent claims should be met with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Fact: Former staff claim that there occurred financial abuses and corruption, though there is no evidence presented to support those assertions, and said staff have received no specialized training in those areas of life and are thus in no position to make a valid determination.

Fact: There is much more coming down the pike because Alex has an active imagination and has no problem inventing other events as he sees fit.

Fact: Bob is acquainted with some law enforcement agencies, and Alex claims that Bob has "very strong political connections" without providing any account of what those connections are, who those connections are with, and how Alex came to know of said alleged connections.

Fact: The abuse and corruption is illegal. Despite some investigating that was instigated by Alex, no wrongdoing or illegal activity has been found to have occurred.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1503
Feb 3, 2013
 
San Francisco three and out,
Baltimore touchdown
7-0
Go Ravens.
Who

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1504
Feb 3, 2013
 
Fact, your facts still make Bob Grenier look like one creepy abusing Mofo. Good job Who thanks for helping Alex.

No matter how you add it up, it's all still the pastors responsibility to keep his house in order and he never did because he does not have the character needed. He likes to think he does but the fruit is off the tree and returning to burn it down. That's not a house in order, that's a house of chaos.

Once again you don't know anything Who. You are just an idiot someone wasted college tuition on, probably my tax $'s at work. Great job!
Who

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1505
Feb 3, 2013
 
Who wrote:
Fact: Alex has only within the last year spoken of showering with his father once. He either remembered it, made it up, or assigned to it a significance that it had previously not held for him. His memory was only written about after he and Paul met with an attorney that pays his rent by suing people and organizations that he believes he can win against.
Fact: Family members of the same gender have been known to, out of occasional necessity, bathe together. This is not prima facie abusive, and Alex gives it a spin that the unmentioned event had never had for him before.
Fact: Fathers occasionally and out of necessity sometimes leave their bedroom in their longjohns.
Fact: Bob Grenier had a vasectomy, and Alex is levying various claims regarding this that are being made for the first time today. His claims would have more credibility if they were part of his story from day one. However, given Alex' propensity to exaggerate and invent, I believe that Alex' most recent claims should be met with a healthy dose of skepticism.
Fact: Former staff claim that there occurred financial abuses and corruption, though there is no evidence presented to support those assertions, and said staff have received no specialized training in those areas of life and are thus in no position to make a valid determination.
Fact: There is much more coming down the pike because Alex has an active imagination and has no problem inventing other events as he sees fit.
Fact: Bob is acquainted with some law enforcement agencies, and Alex claims that Bob has "very strong political connections" without providing any account of what those connections are, who those connections are with, and how Alex came to know of said alleged connections.
Fact: The abuse and corruption is illegal. Despite some investigating that was instigated by Alex, no wrongdoing or illegal activity has been found to have occurred.
You say you are not connected to Bob and yet you are his biggest blindest supporter. WTF is wrong with you? I've never seen a more lie filled piece of shit then you.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1506
Feb 3, 2013
 
My above points should be taken as giving Alex the benefit of the doubt,
and that EVEN WITH the benefit of the doubt we are a far cry from justifying Alex' position.
Personally, I believe that virtually ALL of what Alex says is false,
But that's just because I've seen him show his true colors far too many times at michaelnewnham.com
My name is Who.
Who

Visalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1507
Feb 3, 2013
 
That's the worst response I've heard to why you do what you do. Because he's a abrasive on PP. that's just stupid. The abuse victim has some issues with the way he plays with others? Wow that's unheard of.

You'd be a little bit different to if you had a dad who beat you and your bros at home then taught a god of love at church. Wtf is wrong with you.

It's simple you idiot. No matter how you spin it, BG is responsible for what he's done and the men he created. His house is chaos and his character is criminal.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1508
Feb 3, 2013
 
you says
"...till the pastors responsibility to keep his house in order and he never did because he..."
Who says
He DID keep the 'house in order.'
Fact: All four Grenier sons wanted for nothing materially during their childhoods and well into their adulthoods because of the simple

Fact: Three of four sons lived in the home beyond the age of maturity.
and
Fact: There has been quite a bit of Bob doing his best to provide spiritually, as well as emotionally and fraternally for the well-being of the children.

Fact: Sometimes in life it is necessary to discontinue relations with certain persons if said persons are not contributing in a positive way to an individual's quality of life.

Fact: Discontinuing relationships at the point at which continuation is downright harmful to your property or person, such relations must be ended for self-preservation, however painful such a severance would be emotionally.

Fact: Such a separation has taken place within the Grenier home, and this is unfortunate.

Fact: Human beings tell lies about other human beings to other human beings every day of the week, and have always done so.

Fact: Human beings use their brains to survive, and one strategy of survival is called 'drawing an inference.' This of course reduces to figuring out if what someone is telling you the truth is, is the truth.

Fact: Who has had numerous, continued and sporadic interactions with Alex here at topix.com , and Who has listened to most major podcasts and other various articles and blatherings on this issue.

Fact: Who has come to the conclusion (drawn the inference) that at this point in time the General Reader should refrain from believing that what Alex tells them the truth is, is the truth. However emotionally painful this may be for you.

Fact: Who's participation has at times become a bit of a manifesto for me personally, and in that way I have found my participation here to be particularly gratifying for me personally.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1509
Feb 3, 2013
 
I just had a lengthy conversation with an attorney today, and let me tell you attorneys are not at all concerned with figuring out what the truth is, generally speaking.
I told him about the legal concept 'actual harm' and he got all tongue tied the way attorneys do when they realize
THAT YOU REALIZE
that they are full of shit.
But I hear that Nick Pritchett is not that kind of attorney, and I think he'll do an excellent job representing Bob in this matter, contrary to Alex' assertions to the contrary.
My name is Who.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1510
Feb 3, 2013
 
you says
"...Because he's a abrasive on PP michaelnewnham.com "
Who says
No. Because he tells lies at michaelnewnham.com .
He also tells lies at his hatesite.com .
And I'm guessing he probably lies a lot at his pawnshop, too. I mean, you can'y make money at a pawnshop without lying to people, even if it is simply to understate your earnings to your employees to discourage them from asking for a raise.
Capitalism at work! And we all know what a good capitalist Alex is! He has, after all, told us like 6,000 times already.
Who

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1511
Feb 4, 2013
 
I'm positive you didn't speak to any atorney. More lies and bs from a disturbed person who can't mind their own business. You say you know so much about Alex and bob. Enough for you to make broad brushing strokes as to guilt and innocence and yet you also say that you don't know either one of them. WTF. You pass judgement on a house you don't know about statements from a man you have never heard from.

You are one f-uped mother f-ER. Is this the only place you think people actually listen to you. Sorry but that about 2 of us and we both think you are f-ed in the head.

It's so sad that you choose to further hurt these victims, especially Paul. He didn't deserve what his father did to him but you do.

To bad that guy on your mom didn't finish the job on you. But maybe he did and that's why we have this crazy mess like you to deal with.

Straighten up and fly right you peice if crap!
Let Us Know Trial Date

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1512
Feb 4, 2013
 
Let us all know the trial date so we can come and watch Bob Grenier convert himself from a pig into a sausage. It will be amusing to watch the charlatan grind himself up in front of the jury that will despise him once the evidence is all in.
Who

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1513
Feb 4, 2013
 
Dear General Reader:
I think that how michaelnewnham.com is managing conflict with Alex is analogous to how Bob has managed conflict with Alex.
Here's how Michael is doing it...
michaelnewnham says
"...He is leaving here to focus on his own blog and work and help us preserve this community..."
Who says
Well. Alex leaving Michael's blog will help preserve Michael's blog. What does that tell you?
It tells you that Alex' continued presence is a destructive force in a person's life and community, and ostracism is a matter of self-preservation, not prejudice.
If Alex weren't such an indefensible asshole, or if Alex was able to contain/hide his assholeness, then ostracism wouldn't be necessary.
Again, what does that tell you?
michaelnewnham.com says
"...He is not going to be a topic of discussion here…period...."
Who says
So to preserve the hard-fought peace, Alex can't even be MENTIONED! That's how inflammatory and divisive Alex Grenier is. Once again, ostracism is not a matter of prejudice in the case of the Grenier family...ostracism is a matter of survival.
Alex is just too toxic and too unwilling to change his error-filled ways, because Alex sees no error, even though the negative repercussions of Alex' assholeness are there for all to see.
No WONDER Bob has had a difficult time dealing with "older than twenty-six year old" Alex.
michaelnewnham.com says
"...Neither of us is going to allow negative comments about the other site on our blogs..."
Who says
So, censorship is necessary to carry on fruitful human relationships. And if one human refuses to censor for the beneficial continuance of the relationship, that human should be dropped like a hot potato.
Since Alex' hate campaign is of relatively recent origin, Alex must have found his relationship to his father to be no-longer-beneficial to Alex.
So Alex turns on dad when he has milked all the assistance he could from dad.
Now you will surely understand why
Who believes that Alex is filled with lies. He has a motive for lying, and he has stated this motive many times as part of his mission statement/raison detre.
My name is Who.
Who

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1514
Feb 4, 2013
 
Dear Genarel Reader, "Finally, I had a productive email exchange with Alex yesterday. The bottom line is that we are going to treat each other with the respect and dignity that should be the hallmark of Christian relationships. He is leaving here to focus on his own blog and work and help us preserve this community. He is not going to be a topic of discussion here…period. Neither of us is going to allow negative comments about the other site on our blogs. We will both strive to model the kind of leadership that we seek in other realms."

I think Alex is a good guy and I think your mad at him for telling everyone about all the bad stuff and that you come on here to herass him and nothing you say makes any since

My name is Who.
Who

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1515
Feb 4, 2013
 
you says
Who wrote:
Dear Genarel Reader, "Finally, I had a productive email exchange with Alex yesterday. The bottom line is that we are going to treat each other with the respect and dignity that should be the hallmark of Christian relationships. He is leaving here to focus on his own blog and work and help us preserve this community. He is not going to be a topic of discussion here…period. Neither of us is going to allow negative comments about the other site on our blogs. We will both strive to model the kind of leadership that we seek in other realms."
I think Alex is a good guy and I think your mad at him for telling everyone about all the bad stuff and that you come on here to herass him and nothing you say makes any since
My name is Who.
Who says
Dear General Reader:
I think that how michaelnewnham.com is managing conflict with Alex is analogous to how Bob has managed conflict with Alex.
Here's how Michael is doing it...
michaelnewnham says
"...He is leaving here to focus on his own blog and work and help us preserve this community..."
Who says
Well. Alex leaving Michael's blog will help preserve Michael's blog. What does that tell you?
It tells you that Alex' continued presence is a destructive force in a person's life and community, and ostracism is a matter of self-preservation, not prejudice.
If Alex weren't such an indefensible asshole, or if Alex was able to contain/hide his assholeness, then ostracism wouldn't be necessary.
Again, what does that tell you?
michaelnewnham.com says
"...He is not going to be a topic of discussion here…period...."
Who says
So to preserve the hard-fought peace, Alex can't even be MENTIONED! That's how inflammatory and divisive Alex Grenier is. Once again, ostracism is not a matter of prejudice in the case of the Grenier family...ostracism is a matter of survival.
Alex is just too toxic and too unwilling to change his error-filled ways, because Alex sees no error, even though the negative repercussions of Alex' assholeness are there for all to see.
No WONDER Bob has had a difficult time dealing with "older than twenty-six year old" Alex.
michaelnewnham.com says
"...Neither of us is going to allow negative comments about the other site on our blogs..."
Who says
So, censorship is necessary to carry on fruitful human relationships. And if one human refuses to censor for the beneficial continuance of the relationship, that human should be dropped like a hot potato.
Since Alex' hate campaign is of relatively recent origin, Alex must have found his relationship to his father to be no-longer-beneficial to Alex.
So Alex turns on dad when he has milked all the assistance he could from dad.
Now you will surely understand why
Who believes that Alex is filled with lies. He has a motive for lying, and he has stated this motive many times as part of his mission statement/raison detre.
My name is Who.
Who

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1516
Feb 4, 2013
 
Who wrote:
you says<quoted text>Who says
Dear General Reader:
I think that how michaelnewnham.com is managing conflict with Alex is analogous to how Bob has managed conflict with Alex.
Here's how Michael is doing it...
michaelnewnham says
"...He is leaving here to focus on his own blog and work and help us preserve this community..."
Who says
Well. Alex leaving Michael's blog will help preserve Michael's blog. What does that tell you?
My name is Who.
Tells me their friends and sounds like they got it figered out in a freindly way. It sounds like you are making up things.

I still think Alex has a lot of facts that are hard to look passed.

Why name is Who.
Who

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1517
Feb 4, 2013
 
Yep Alex is a bulldog for justice for the abused. Starting with his fily and reaching out to all families abused in the Calvary Chapel System. He has nothing to gain by this.

None of the Grenier sons can gain by this. None of them wants this story told. Who would? Alex enlisted the help of the bloggers at PP and they did help for a time. A group of pastors were on there way to defrock BG when they were threatened by Chuck and ordered to stop. But after this case goes to court the testimonies from his own children will remove any doubt from the congrigation at CCV as who their pastor really is.

Don't worry Who. You'll have plenty of lamenting to do after BG looses this suit and is exposed. I'm sure his dove is gone. Many will be spared.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1518
Feb 4, 2013
 
Who wrote:
Yep Alex is a bulldog for justice for the abused. Starting with his fily and reaching out to all families abused in the Calvary Chapel System. He has nothing to gain by this.
None of the Grenier sons can gain by this. None of them wants this story told. Who would? Alex enlisted the help of the bloggers at PP and they did help for a time. A group of pastors were on there way to defrock BG when they were threatened by Chuck and ordered to stop. But after this case goes to court the testimonies from his own children will remove any doubt from the congrigation at CCV as who their pastor really is.
Don't worry Who. You'll have plenty of lamenting to do after BG looses this suit and is exposed. I'm sure his dove is gone. Many will be spared.
I agree Who!

"Alex is a bulldog for justice for the abused"...spot on!

I love the show Bully Beat Down. Justice and accountability for the powerful who pray (spelling/entendre completely intentional) on the weak.
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1519
Feb 4, 2013
 
Who wrote:
Fact: Geoff was a muscular, violent bully whose behavior necessitated a harsher form of discipline than would be required for a little bitty girl. His steroid abuse made an appropriate level of discipline both more necessary and more difficult to administer.
Fact: Not a fact at all and I think Geoff could sue you. Geoff was not big at 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and he got bigger at 15 and 16, but he did not deserve the extreme violence and abuse he somehow endured for many many years, from a small child to a teen. Geoff was not taking steroids at 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16.

Geoff has never tested positive for steroids in college or pros and he denies Bob's statement and says the statement is defamatory. Geoff did not get really big until his senior year of high school and college..well after Bob kicked him out of the home after Bob punched him in the face.

Geoff did not deserve to be abused and he was beaten and abused regularly for many many years. I personally witnessed the violent episode where Bob confessed to punching Geoff in the face. Geoff did not deserve it as you seem to suggest. Bob beat the kid down for so long, imprisoned him in the coat closet, kicked him when he was on the ground writhing in pain from an appendicitis attack (but Bob said he was faking it, but Geoff had his appendix removed hours later), beat Geoff all over his body with the branch of our mulberry tree, hit the kid in the face with open hand punches as hard as he could, pinched the kids neck like spock, beat the kids lower back, back of legs and buttocks leaving bruises constantly, threatened the kid, intimidated the kid and inflicted numerous amounts of intentional harm on him and I have only described some of the abuse.

Bob should be ashamed of the abuse. Bob chose to frame it as a "temper problem" rather than accepting responsibility for his abusive actions toward all of us. If the CC Visalia Board had reported the abuse that was confessed to them, I am confident an investigation by police would have resulted in an arrest, possibly PTSD counseling and treatment for Bob and further abuse could have been stopped.

It is "Fact" that Bob told his Board and other pastors that he 'struggled" with a "temper problem". Unfortunately, that was a reframing of Child Abuse and Spousal Abuse as the actions that arose from Bob's "temper problem" were abusive.

And, if you don't like hearing the truth stated publicly, you can sue me.

My name is CalvaryChapelAbusedotcom
CalvaryChapelAbu sedotcom

Nampa, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1520
Feb 4, 2013
 
Who wrote:
Fact: Alex perceives his childhood as filled with poor parenting, and he is now years later armchair quarterbacking his way into court. Alex recounted his perceptions of poor parenting to Detectives of the Visalia Police Department a few years back ('ish).
Fact: Bob's words to spin the abuse as "perceived poor parenting" is an attempt to reframe the Child Abuse as something other than what he did. There is a big difference between "poor parenting" and Child Abuse. My report to the Detectives included recounting many examples of specific Child Abuse and I even demonstrated the severity of the hits to the face. The interview was tape recorded and I followed up the interview with emails (which I have on file and are referenced in the Report) as a follow up to make sure I had proof of the testimony given to the Visalia Police Department. The email history shows the emails being sent and received and they included the many details I shared in the interview with Detectives and many of the specific incidences of abuse described meet and exceed the definition of Child Abuse per the State of California.

The VPD told me the DA kicked back the case and didn't press formal charges due to "statute of limitations"

There is no spiritual statute of limitations however, and there is no statute of limitations on my speaking out publicly about the abuse. Bob can sue me all he wants, his goal (and Who's stated goal) to shut me up will not work. Again, if you want to shut me up, you'll have to kill me.

I call on Bob to confess and repent and come clean and seek mercy while answering for his abuses.

I petition the Government in Visalia to administer Justice in these matters.

This is a Marathon, not a Sprint. I look forward to the results of the lawsuit and I hope it leads to action and justice being meted out to our Abuser.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hesperia Discussions

Search the Hesperia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 33 min nw batteries 15,919
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 9 hr Appeals 200,336
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 10 hr roaster 7,846
Review: Daffodil Soothing Massage (Dec '13) Thu Dlaygo 2
Review: AAA Garage Door, Inc. Thu Be Doin Dat 4
Review: Q Marketing Thu Totarry Upsette 2
Review: Irescue Cell Phone Repair Thu frittle 2
•••
•••

Hesperia News Video

•••
•••

Hesperia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hesperia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hesperia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hesperia
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••