Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments (Page 1,803)

Showing posts 36,041 - 36,060 of47,058
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
left out

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Every legal citizen in this country should have the same rights, and should be equally protected under the same laws. NO group or individual should be treated differently.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.chick.com/reading/books/158/158_03...
Nothing trumps the bible.
Your Buybull isn't even part of game. It is irrelevant in matters of civil law.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 33:18-23 (NASB)
18 Then Moses said, "I pray You, show me Your glory!"
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
20 But He said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live!"
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."
Note;
-Seeing God was a life-threatening danger.
-God used three forms of protection for the radiation;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Only allowed a partial view (back)
Exodus 34:29-35 (NASB)
29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
33 When Moses had finished speaking with them, he put a veil over his face.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.
Note; The effect of radiation.
Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.
Smile.
Contrary to popular belief, radiation doesn't make humans glow or shine. If Moses had a red face, he was probably drunk.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I made well known statement of evolutionary science that you cannot rebut.
Oh horseshit, you big liar. Marriage has nothing to do with evolution.

Who do you think you're kidding? NONE OF US are as stupid as you.
beers

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Been There Did That wrote:
<quoted text>So says the brain washed sheeple! Next thing you'll be trying to tell us the planet is only 6,000 years old like the bible states! LoL,Again so sorry to inform you,but the Constitution does in fact trump your bible in this nation which is in fact a secular country! I know,you go and try to teach Christianity in the public schools and let us know what happens! More proof that you're full of it! So again bible thumping hate boy you are wrong,wrong,wrong and my GOD Zeus says so! Now get inside that church,lock the doors and preach to the choir,you are off topic and you need to go to a religious thread and babble all you want! So very glad that I could help you out!
Sounds like your the only one w/ hate in their heart. Maybe you should pray to Zeus. Hopefully that will bring you peace.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Perfect. He cites the Bible to make his point. The Bible is a load of sh!t and should be regarded with the same level of gravity one would ascribe to Mother Goose. Using your Bible is probably not going to be a sound strategy for being taken seriously by those you want to convince.
I know! Can you believe he actually thinks we're as stupid as he is? He makes shit up and then calls it "well known evolutionary science." Well known BULLSHIT is more like it.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like your the only one w/ hate in their heart. Maybe you should pray to Zeus. Hopefully that will bring you peace.
The demise of phony Christians like you will bring about peace.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Been There Did That wrote:
<quoted text>
So says the brain washed sheeple! Next thing you'll be trying to tell us the planet is only 6,000 years old like the bible states! LoL,Again so sorry to inform you,but the Constitution does in fact trump your bible in this nation which is in fact a secular country! I know,you go and try to teach Christianity in the public schools and let us know what happens! More proof that you're full of it! So again bible thumping hate boy you are wrong,wrong,wrong and my GOD Zeus says so! Now get inside that church,lock the doors and preach to the choir,you are off topic and you need to go to a religious thread and babble all you want! So very glad that I could help you out!
19 And He said, "I Myself will make all My goodness pass before you, and will proclaim the name of the LORD before you; and I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will show compassion on whom I will show compassion."
21 Then the LORD said, "Behold, there is a place by Me, and you shall stand there on the rock;
22 and it will come about, while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by.
23 "Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen."

Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand

29 It came about when Moses was coming down from Mount Sinai (and the two tablets of the testimony were in Moses' hand as he was coming down from the mountain), that Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone because of his speaking with Him.
30 So when Aaron and all the sons of Israel saw Moses, behold, the skin of his face shone, and they were afraid to come near him.
31 Then Moses called to them, and Aaron and all the rulers in the congregation returned to him; and Moses spoke to them.
32 Afterward all the sons of Israel came near, and he commanded them to do everything that the LORD had spoken to him on Mount Sinai.
34 But whenever Moses went in before the LORD to speak with Him, he would take off the veil until he came out; and whenever he came out and spoke to the sons of Israel what he had been commanded,
35 the sons of Israel would see the face of Moses, that the skin of Moses' face shone. So Moses would replace the veil over his face until he went in to speak with Him.

Please explain how a accurate description of radiation's danger, affect and protection appeared in a story about a Alien visiting humans in a fiction book written by numerous authors, distorted by time and translation occurred.

Smile.

“'It's A Brave New World"”

Since: Sep 11

Carmel California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

beers wrote:
<quoted text>
And just like every thing else(garbage) you've posted,surprise wrong once again! I can state without a shadow of a doubt that I don't hate anyone! I'm just an old straight guy who hates bigotry and hypocritical bible thumper's like you for attempting to with hold the very same rights you enjoy as an American and at the same time with hold them from the gay population who are in fact entitled to the very same Constitutional rights as every one else! You are now in the minority,and if Jesus wasn't a fictional character he would in fact be weeping for you! He was a liberal you know and never said word one about gays! Must have not been to important to him! Keep your religion to yourself and again that is my right under our great Constitution which in fact does trump your bible of hate! YOU are the hater fool!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Contrary to popular belief, radiation doesn't make humans glow or shine. If Moses had a red face, he was probably drunk.
As a matter of fact, there is a radiation that causes a blue glow. However, keep in mind this is an alien with unknown factors.

Also note that the passage indicates the Alien directed them by hovering over them as a 'cloud' by day and 'fire' by night.

There are profound signs of things we only have discovered in the last century. Add to those things, the fact that the promise made to the Israelites at the mountain has been proved true in our time.

How do you explain these things???

Smile.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact, there is a radiation that causes a blue glow. However, keep in mind this is an alien with unknown factors.
Also note that the passage indicates the Alien directed them by hovering over them as a 'cloud' by day and 'fire' by night.
There are profound signs of things we only have discovered in the last century. Add to those things, the fact that the promise made to the Israelites at the mountain has been proved true in our time.
How do you explain these things???
Smile.
How do I explain these things? they are delusions of someone bereft of education. Nothing in your silly story has been proven true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh horseshit, you big liar. Marriage has nothing to do with evolution.
Who do you think you're kidding? NONE OF US are as stupid as you.
You really should do a little research before you make stupid statements like that.

I did a quick search, and this was the first thing that came up;

http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit...

I'd also suggest you do some reading about human mating behavior.

I came on here to understand the issue. You might try that too...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
How do I explain these things? they are delusions of someone bereft of education. Nothing in your silly story has been proven true.
Neil, get your head out of your ass.

That is a perfect depiction of radiation and it's danger.

One of the atheist talking points is mocking the law restricting eating shell fish.

Did you know that at this time, 20% of seafood eaten is shellfish.
And that 80% of seafood poisoning is because of shellfish?

How did that law and countless others like it end up in an ancient fiction book?

At this point, all you have done is rudely scoff while exposing yourself as an ignorant arrogant ass. Maybe you don't know as much as you think you do???

And all I am is a near senile old jack ass.

Smile.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Feb 13

Is A Reality

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should do a little research before you make stupid statements like that.
I did a quick search, and this was the first thing that came up;
http://www.psy.cmu.edu/~rakison/bussandschmit...
I'd also suggest you do some reading about human mating behavior.
I came on here to understand the issue. You might try that too...
You should probably get a divorce, given that your marriage is now a sterile plural marriage. If you can't breed babies, you're not pleasing in God's eyes.

KiMare

Location hidden
beers

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>The demise of phony Christians like you will bring about peace.
phony - a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he or she does not hold in order to conceal his or her real feelings or motives

Christian - a religious person who believes Jesus is the Christ and who is a member of a Christian denomination

I am truly the second, hardly the first.

so justice will be enraged against sin when it tries to make itself beautiful, and will accuse it to its face since he who defends will come, hunting up sins on the earth.(2 Esdras 16:51 CEB)
Rear end

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

Tear me up.

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Note;
Behind a rock
Shielded with His hand
Smile.
I'm smiling too! That's hilarious. An accurate description of radiation's danger, affect, and protection? LMAO It never ceases to amaze me how people can find ways to interpret scripture in so many different ways, according to their needs. So "God" is - or at least was - radioactive and Moses' shining face proves it. Wow. Who knew. Keep it coming, KiMare! Great stuff!

“"Not all who wander are lost."”

Since: Mar 10

freshroast666@gmail.com

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I made well known statement of evolutionary science that you cannot rebut. Nothing about religion. Yet you labeled by response as religious based.
Calling a mutually sterile, pointlessly duplicate gendered half 'marriage' is a counterfeit relationship, and an extremely poor one at that.
Well known? Who are you quoting when you refer to this statement of evolutionary science? It's hard to rebut - or even try - statements that don't make sense. Mutually sterile I'll give you, with regard to a same-sex relationship. What is it though that make the relationship between two people of the same gender pointless? Explain how it can be considered counterfeit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>I'm smiling too! That's hilarious. An accurate description of radiation's danger, affect, and protection? LMAO It never ceases to amaze me how people can find ways to interpret scripture in so many different ways, according to their needs. So "God" is - or at least was - radioactive and Moses' shining face proves it. Wow. Who knew. Keep it coming, KiMare! Great stuff!
Can't explain it, so you scoff. Kind of embarrassing isn't it.

And it was so easy.

Oh, and the Alien predicted this lost nomadic tribe would become a great nation if they followed those laws you called stupid.

Who would have thought the hallucinations Moses had from being oxygen deprived high on a mountain would become true!

Here's another one, did you know that more soldiers died in the Civil War from infection than from bullets? Too bad they didn't follow the Jewish law to wash wounds in clean running water!

Want more to make you smile?

Smirk.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2013

Judged:

MirthMenace wrote:
<quoted text>Well known? Who are you quoting when you refer to this statement of evolutionary science? It's hard to rebut - or even try - statements that don't make sense. Mutually sterile I'll give you, with regard to a same-sex relationship. What is it though that make the relationship between two people of the same gender pointless? Explain how it can be considered counterfeit.
The whole point of mating behavior is procreation. It is pointless for duplicate genders to engage in mating behavior.

Wife just showed me a picture of two lesbian former co-workers. One had the bride's dress, the butch a tux.

That would be a counterfeit bride and groom attempting an impostor marriage. Was anyone fooled but you?

Snicker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 36,041 - 36,060 of47,058
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Herscher Discussions

Search the Herscher Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 21 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Thu jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,533
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 1,808
IL Who do you support for Attorney General in Illi... (Oct '10) Apr 16 Be kuel 638
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) Apr 15 Tired 503
IL Who do you support for Comptroller in Illinois ... (Oct '10) Apr 15 Rediculous 253
camping Mar '14 SoapBox 101 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herscher Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Herscher People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••