Coulter will not face death penalty

Franklin County State's Attorney Tom Dinn said Wednesday the state will not seek the death penalty against James Coulter of Herrin. Full Story
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
friends forever

Marion, IL

#1 Jan 8, 2007
At least that's one step int the right direction. Hopefully the rest will go the same way. Innocent til proven guilty. That's right!
Reader

United States

#2 Jan 8, 2007
friends forever wrote:
At least that's one step int the right direction. Hopefully the rest will go the same way. Innocent til proven guilty. That's right!
Just curious here. Not trying to be a smarta** but how do you explain then the fact of him on that very night of the murders borrowing a gun, him being seen at Walker's around 9:00pm, running off to New Mexico and the Order of Protection Amanda had against her ex? That doesn't sound too innocent........ Like I said, just curious.

PST

“Psssssst”

Since: Dec 06

United States

#3 Jan 8, 2007
He even went to a guys house in Zeigler to borrow a gun and he did not give him one. It was right after he left Walkers Tavern.(about 9:20).The guy lives a block away from the tavern.I know the guy and he was questioned at length by the ISP. This is NOT rumor it is a fact!

PST

“Psssssst”

United States

#4 Jan 8, 2007
friends forever wrote:
Since there is a moratorium on enforcing the Death penality what would be the point of sentencing him to death.....he will sit on death row which i understand is much more comfy than out in the general population of the prisoners....as long as he is sentenced to Life without parole and off the streets it might be the best way to go. However if it was my son i would want the SOB to die.
TUT

United States

#5 Jan 9, 2007
DO U NOT WORK OR LIVE OFF THE STATE?
Surl

United States

#6 Jan 9, 2007
Must be tough to have a friend that is a cold blooded murder. You might as well face it. He dosen't have a prayer. Does it make you feel better to attack a person that has every right to express their own opinion? There is so much evidence against your friend that it will take the jury no time at all to reach a Guilty verdict. Thats all I am going to say about your screwed up logic. I will not post here agan. This sort of ignorance is a waste of MY time and everyone else reading too!
Knew Jim and Amanda

United States

#7 Jan 9, 2007
To friends forever & friends of Jim's, maybe you can clear something up for me, what was he doing in Los Lunos that day? That is what sums it up for me. I knew both Jim and Amanda, did not know the Weston guy. It sounds like it turned into fatal attraction. Most people understand that just because things don't work out for you it doesn't give you the right to kill. He should have thought about his daughter instead of becoming so obsessed with Amanda and he wouldn't be in this shape.

PST

“Psssssst”

United States

#8 Jan 9, 2007
a friend of jims wrote:
LMAO....yes i work every day as a state employee. Is that the best you can do??? Does it make you feel superior if you degrade me??
Purple Rain

Carbondale, IL

#9 Jan 10, 2007
a friend of jims wrote:
I'm not speaking for PST here but what does being a state employee have to do with the price of tea in China?
MANY people in Southern Illinois work for the State of Il. Many haven't had raises in years either and make a hell of a lot less to begin with than if they worked in the private sector. Even if you don't work for the state, if you own property or live in the state, you pay taxes to the state. Hell you pay taxes to the state every time you buy something. So what does that have to do with anything? If the guy is guilty, he doesn't need to see the light of day anymore. My belief's have always been that if you take a life, you give yours up. Since we no longer have a working death penalty, life without parole is the only other choice.

PST

“Psssssst”

United States

#10 Jan 10, 2007
Purple Rain wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not speaking for PST here but what does being a state employee have to do with the price of tea in China?
MANY people in Southern Illinois work for the State of Il. Many haven't had raises in years either and make a hell of a lot less to begin with than if they worked in the private sector. Even if you don't work for the state, if you own property or live in the state, you pay taxes to the state. Hell you pay taxes to the state every time you buy something. So what does that have to do with anything? If the guy is guilty, he doesn't need to see the light of day anymore. My belief's have always been that if you take a life, you give yours up. Since we no longer have a working death penalty, life without parole is the only other choice.
I agree with you totally. I was only trying to set the person straight that made that comment to me. What I do or dont do has nothing to do with how i feel about what should happen to this murderer. If you read my prior post you can see where I stand.
Purple Rain

Carbondale, IL

#11 Jan 10, 2007
PST wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you totally. I was only trying to set the person straight that made that comment to me. What I do or dont do has nothing to do with how i feel about what should happen to this murderer. If you read my prior post you can see where I stand.
I just don't understand the entire comment about you being a state employee. What does that have to do with anything? I work for the state. My entire family has at some point in time. Does that make us evil or something? I don't get it. I guess it is just another one of those "if you don't have facts or anything constructive to say, you start picking on those that disagree with you" sort of things. Pathetic

“~S~”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#12 Jan 10, 2007
The comment made to PST was intended to mean did they sit on their ass all day on the computer or live off the state meaning welfare. Thats how i took it. PST's comment back was just a humorous was of telling the poster that Yes she did live off the state but as an employee! It's really no big deal anyway.

PST

“Psssssst”

United States

#13 Jan 10, 2007
Huh....don't know what all the fuss is about here, but i was only making a joke about what that poster said to me....just thought it was funny that they asked me if i live off the state...and since i'm a state employee i thought i would comment them back....it really dosent have anything to do with the topic of this forum...but since you mentioned it a cost of living increase would be nice...retro from 1990.....lol
Purple Rain

Carbondale, IL

#14 Jan 10, 2007
no fuss PST... I just didn't know what it had to do with this topic either. Yea .....the state has to pay to house inmates but you know, what choice do you have when you don't have a death penalty?

PST

“Psssssst”

United States

#15 Jan 10, 2007
Purple Rain wrote:
no fuss PST... I just didn't know what it had to do with this topic either. Yea .....the state has to pay to house inmates but you know, what choice do you have when you don't have a death penalty?
If it were my son i would have no problem offing the man myself....wouldnt charge a dime! Save the county and state the trouble and the money!
TUT

United States

#16 Jan 10, 2007
I SWORE I WAS GOING TO STAY OFF OF
THIS SITE AND ALL OTHERS THAT HAVE NOTHING BUT DOWN AND DEMEANING WORDS ABOUT OTHERS.YES, WE ARE ENTITLED TO OUR OPINIONS IN THIS WORLD FOR WHAT IS SOMEWHAT OF A FREE COUNTRY BUT I WONT GO INTO THE LESS FREEDOM WE HAVE TAKEN FROM US EACH AND EVERYDAY.BUT I AM A FRIEND AND EX-GIRLFRIENDS OF JIM, HAVE KNOWN HIM FOR 30YEARS. I TOO HAVE MY OPINIONS OF HOW THIS ALL WENT DOWN AND I TOO STAND BEHIND HIM,AS DO THE LIST OF 178 OTHER PEOPLE WHOM WERE CALLED UPON AND WRITTEN STATEMENTS, HOWEVER I DONT FEEL THE NEED TO EXPRESS MY
FEELINGS TO CAUSE HAVECK OR FOR THE SAKE OF MY FEELINGS AND OPINONS CUT OTHERS DOWN TO DO SO.
IT HURTS THOSE WHO DO STAND ON DIFFERENT GROUNDS AND CHANGES NOTHING. RUMORS SPECULATIONS AND OPINIONS IS EXACTLY WHAT CAUSES ALL OR MOST OF SOCIETIES PROBLEMS TODAY. ALL SHOULD HAVE FAITH IN WHAT U BELIEVE AND PRAY. NOT THIS GOSSIP OF WHO SAID WHAT WHEN OR WHEN. IF ALL OF U SHOW UP AT THE COURT HOUSE IT WOULD AMAZE THE JUDGE AND FOR SURE IF NOTHING ELSE BE A FARSE.
WITH MY FAITH AND OPINIONS GOOD NIGHT
TUT

United States

#17 Jan 10, 2007
Knew Jim and Amanda wrote:
To friends forever & friends of Jim's, maybe you can clear something up for me, what was he doing in Los Lunos that day? That is what sums it up for me. I knew both Jim and Amanda, did not know the Weston guy. It sounds like it turned into fatal attraction. Most people understand that just because things don't work out for you it doesn't give you the right to kill. He should have thought about his daughter instead of becoming so obsessed with Amanda and he wouldn't be in this shape.
THE TIMES ARE ALL WRONG AND THAT WILL BE LEARNED.
THERE IS NO WAY HE COULD HAVE BEEN
IN ZEIGLER AND MADE IT TO MEXICO IN THE TIME FRAME , DONT LISTEN TO ALL THIS SAD GOSSIP OF THOSE WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO AND IF U TRULY KNEW JIM YOU WOULD KNOW.

“~S~”

United States

#18 Jan 11, 2007
I know i said i wouldn't post again, i just couldn't help myself.

“~S~”

United States

#19 Jan 11, 2007
Weird my previous post dissapered. Oh well! I know it posted once. Maybe it will come back. This site act weird sometimes.

“~S~”

United States

#20 Jan 11, 2007
TUT wrote:
<quoted text> THE TIMES ARE ALL WRONG AND THAT WILL BE LEARNED.
THERE IS NO WAY HE COULD HAVE BEEN
IN ZEIGLER AND MADE IT TO MEXICO IN THE TIME FRAME , DONT LISTEN TO ALL THIS SAD GOSSIP OF THOSE WITH NOTHING BETTER TO DO AND IF U TRULY KNEW JIM YOU WOULD KNOW.
They didnt arrest him in Mexico goof. It was the state New Mexico, big difference.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herrin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min ReallyNOW 49,906
herrin public housing 5 hr Marie Barone 14
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Obamao 4,041
Robbie Walker and Wife Fully Busted!!!! 7 hr Rose Larson 7
Herrin McDonalds 9 hr ABC 3
Cody kuha Sun jc resident 11
Robbie Walker (Oct '12) Sun Lora 27
•••
Herrin Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Herrin Jobs

•••
•••