Drunks in Herrin
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Justme

United States

#63 Nov 6, 2009
I left Herrin in 1970. Still go back to visit 2 or 3 times a year. Still have a few relatives there.Lot of good childhood memories.
Justme

United States

#64 Nov 6, 2009
When I lived there there was a Coca Cola bottling plae and on your birthday they sent you a post card and you went there and got a free pack of soda in the small bottles. Remeber those? Then there was the Polar Whip out at Energy. Spent a lot of time at the Eagles club special functions with grandparents. Circus use to set up in the Herrin City Park when I was real young and we had all our family reunions there. I also remember the skating rink and Teen Town, Went to elementary school at West Side and jr high at Southside. Ahh childhood memories. I would love to live in southern Il again but not many job opportunities there now. I would have Graduated in 75 If my family had not moved away. Many of my relatives unfortunately are in the cemetary there now but I still like to ride around and check the place out when I am ther.Oh yeah the bakery we lived only a couple of blocks or so from and it was caled Camerios or something like that. Not sure on spelling. Also loved the old Moochies store for dried salami and salameats. Anyone want to reminice with me?
dkk

Waterloo, Canada

#65 Nov 6, 2009
Doug keeling is a drunk who works on peoples stuff drunk and does a poor job !
juju

Valdosta, GA

#66 Mar 12, 2010
gone 4 good wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the best thing I ever did was leave... I have an extremely nice home, late model vehicle, lovely wife and children. I work for a prestigious corporation that is second to none and am doing quite well.
Well evidently you are quite presitious! Why then are you waisting your precious time on this site? Get back to doing things with the wife and kiddies. At the end of the day, we are all quite happy and pleased that you are gone, you self-righteous SOB.
juju

Valdosta, GA

#67 Mar 12, 2010
Nobody wrote:
probably the ones standing on the sidewalk outside Hollywood smoking at 11:00 a.m.
Hey, try 9am!!! lolololol!!!
knows whats what

Savage, MN

#68 Apr 5, 2010
obviosly no one talking about the hollywood knows what they r talking about .The place is not the same place of 20 years ago and the drunks out side are following the laws by being out side smoking the hollywood has raised and spent out of pocket over 50,ooo in the past 10 years to benefit homeless and kids who would not have christmas and people who have cancer and sent the easter bunny to the park this year so all of you cheap jerk who are on here mouthing about things u dont know should be out doing good instead of bad mouthing people u dont know .who made u the judge ?
knows whats what

Savage, MN

#69 Apr 5, 2010
yeh I know I was mad so I mis-spelled obviously
knows whats what

Savage, MN

#70 Apr 5, 2010
not every person who goes in a bar and has a drink is a drunk
Herrin memories

San Antonio, TX

#71 Dec 1, 2010
Hello all!
I too am from Herrin. I moved to Charlotte, NC
10 years ago, but now reside in San Antonio, TX.
much has changed in that sweet little town that I grew up in as a boy... Herrin used to be the ideal place to live. I do not come home much, my parents died years ago there in Herrin. I even worked at Town Bakery before I left over 10 years ago, baked the bread and hard rolls there for Louies P&R and etc...
.. I still feel love for my home town and if I had the money I would come back and help bring some of the old ways back there.
It was such a warm and enchanting, vibrant place growing up in the 1970s there.. Christmas decorations where marvelous too, I always remember Dad taking us to Williamson County airport and flying on a small plane as a boy there...
I pray that Herrin residents will somehow find a way to restore what time has stolen...
Yep

Lerona, WV

#72 Dec 15, 2010
huh wrote:
<quoted text> Oh Yeh!! YO MOMA!!!
Ole Rixk Curtis Should slurpin those Budwisers with you. I forgot he drank Bush He was kjn d opf a puss. Anyone heard anthing bout ole Rick?

Since: May 10

Crab Orchard

#73 Dec 16, 2010
Keep it clean here, folks.
Thanks.
amused

Bettendorf, IA

#74 Dec 19, 2010
knows whats what
West Frankfort, IL
|Report Abuse
|Judge it!
Apr 5, 2010 not every person who goes in a bar and has a drink is a drunk ........totally agree with that! just know when to say when.. common knowledge!
Lynn

Mulkeytown, IL

#75 Apr 26, 2012
gone 4 good wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the best thing I ever did was leave... I have an extremely nice home, late model vehicle, lovely wife and children. I work for a prestigious corporation that is second to none and am doing quite well.
Okay, if you are doing so well, then why waste time worrying about what's going on anywhere else, especially Herrin?
Second, you can move ANYWHERE you want, but you will ALWAYS be where you come from :) I moved away for 10 years, loved it, but home is where the heart is, and I've never been more happy than I am returning to my hometown, Herrin.
This town is what you put into it, there's trash anywhere you move to, drugs right outside your doors & job loss all over the states.
So remember, when you're condemning where you came from, it is still a piece of who you are, no matter where you run off to, you can't take that away.
Oh, and you said you have family here? Shame on you. I'm proud to say I'm from here, and I'm even more proud to be putting forth effort into helping out my town.
It's ppl that comdemn that have no pride, put your "money" where your mouth is, and try a little kindness.
wtf

Herrin, IL

#76 May 17, 2012
brittany jordan,chelsey jeralds,joe foster, umm who else is always trashed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herrin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jenny Hickey 46 min Associate 1
Abandoned house on 13th street (Oct '14) 4 hr Oh My 15
Its not love sometimes it's regret 6 hr It Works 23
William Brooks(Bit) 9 hr Truth 19
Tabitha Weeks 11 hr LINNY 7
Kevin Brasher Sat Enlightened 10
herrin dentists Fri jen123 3

Herrin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance