BREAKING NEWS: Uncontrolled field fir...

BREAKING NEWS: Uncontrolled field fire burns in Herriman

There are 176 comments on the Fox13Now story from Sep 19, 2010, titled BREAKING NEWS: Uncontrolled field fire burns in Herriman. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

Fire crews say there is an uncontrolled field fire burning in Herriman near Camp Williams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
L Wight

Bountiful, UT

#163 Sep 21, 2010
Let's see if you'd feel the same if it were your home that burned.

Salt Lake City, UT

#164 Sep 21, 2010
It is 2 days since I got evacuated. I am still evacuated and have been told I won't be bake in until 6 or so. Seriously?

Lindon, UT

#165 Sep 21, 2010

Lindon, UT

#166 Sep 21, 2010
I'm Landons mom and I'm fat.

Lindon, UT

#167 Sep 21, 2010
Oh yea I forgot I'm also a meaner >:)

Lindon, UT

#168 Sep 21, 2010
holy cows!
D Michael Martindale

Salt Lake City, UT

#169 Sep 21, 2010
Camp Williams will take responsibility for "some" of the financial obligations and damage claims? The fire was a result of "miscommunication" and the red flag warning was "checked too late"?
What a bunch of weasels! Even a halfwit would have the sense to check the red flag warning before beginning the training. This was gross negligence, and they should be accepting 100% of the responsibility for the resulting costs.

Salt Lake City, UT

#170 Sep 21, 2010
well. why didnt they call out a hotshot team or the fire jumpers that work for the blm. they do the most containment lines and clear out the dry brush. that is what they are trained for. they clear out the dry brush around the rail trains track. they should have had that area cleared out of the dry brush before they fire their ammunition or fire lines around where they were shooting at.

United States

#171 Sep 22, 2010
I live near Herriman and used one of the air purifiers we sell that clears out the smoke out of our home. I just posted them on KSL if anyone else needs one. You can see it at

There is a 10 dollars off for any Herriman residents. I am sorry this happened and hopefully in a small way this can help.
Conerned Citizen

Spanish Fork, UT

#172 Sep 22, 2010
The National Guard is taking responsibility for this incident. I am concerned. We as citizens need to understand our men and women need the training that happens on that land. It amazes me that our military is taking claims for damages to these homes. I know if our military was not there defending the country we live in, keeping the war eles where. There would be more the a few home burnt. I don't mean to sound cold hearted. I feel for the families that have lost their home and personal items. I hope insurance companies will do their part and it sounds like the military will do their part to help these families. I give thanks to the military for service they do in this country and in other countries. Help them stay strong!

Salt Lake City, UT

#173 Sep 23, 2010
Our military HAS NO EXCUSE for disregarding the red burn notice. They are to be well informed of ALL that concerns the US citizens.
Heads should roll! An "I'm sorry" doesn't cut it! The situation means that the American tax payer is the one that will have to foot the bill. That is REDICILIOUS!!!!!!
If a citizen caused this fire they would have been arrested,... fined or both. I think that should be considered within the hirearchy of the military as well.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#174 Sep 23, 2010
I don't think the National Guard has dealt out one excuse for this accident. They have issued apologies and also have accepted responsibility for this terrible event. More than they deserve, in my opinion!
When was the last time ANYONE accepted responsibility for ANYTHING. And yet they did! And some want "Heads to Roll". Some are so quick to jump on the military. Consider this..... If you can read this post, thank a teacher! If your reading this post in English! Thank a Soldier!! Reality huh. I am deeply sorry for ANY losses due to this event!! My thoughts and prayers are with your families!

Kanab, UT

#175 Sep 23, 2010
that is the worst thing i've ever heard its so sad they never got a warning they just had to leave all their family memories

West Jordan, UT

#176 Sep 24, 2010
All of you who are jumping on the guard need to remember who is fighting for your freedom of speech. Camp Williams was here LONG before any of your homes. You chose to buy/build near a military instalation. It is a tragedy this fire started and spread so quickly, but people need to think of just how precious our military is to our way of life before they bash it.

Sugar Land, TX

#177 Oct 11, 2010
Not True!!!
concerned citizen

Kansas City, MO

#178 Oct 17, 2010
Thank goodness. good job to everyone who worked at this!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herriman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
woman falsely arrested for carrying protest sign Oct 6 rlwaller 1
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) Sep 30 Myra 32
News Utah Community Leaves Fake Packages on Doorstep... (Dec '15) Sep '16 Sam Sung Smoke S... 7
Review: Love2Learn Preschool (Mar '15) Mar '15 Sweetness123 1
News Utah truckdriver builds worlds largest amateur ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Fa-Foxy 1
Review: Tesoro Child Care Center (Oct '13) Oct '13 Amy 1
News National Guard to conduct artillery training at... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Deb 1

Herriman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herriman Mortgages