BREAKING NEWS: Uncontrolled field fir...

BREAKING NEWS: Uncontrolled field fire burns in Herriman

There are 176 comments on the Fox13Now story from Sep 19, 2010, titled BREAKING NEWS: Uncontrolled field fire burns in Herriman. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

Fire crews say there is an uncontrolled field fire burning in Herriman near Camp Williams.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
ssg airborne

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Sep 19, 2010
Once again there's another one a burn'n at Camp.
lost

United States

#2 Sep 19, 2010
what about the fire on I 80 in SW Wyoming? I 80 has been shut down from mile marker 6 to MM 30.
bryan

Salt Lake City, UT

#3 Sep 19, 2010
we were just up the canyon anyone want video and pic i got it from the top where the fire is...[email protected]
dawn

Southington, OH

#4 Sep 19, 2010
who is responsible for contacting the residents? how will they be informed of the evacuation?
dawn

Southington, OH

#5 Sep 19, 2010
What also concerns me is that Ft. Herriman school is actually closer to the fire so how is this a safe place for evacuees?
Kim

West Jordan, UT

#6 Sep 19, 2010
dawn wrote:
who is responsible for contacting the residents? how will they be informed of the evacuation?
They do a reverse 911 call telling you to evacuate.
Angie

Sandy, UT

#7 Sep 19, 2010
what happens if you do not have a land line phone? How will people be notified. I am concerned because my son & his family live there.
Valerie

United States

#8 Sep 19, 2010
Well, i hope it doesn't burn down camp williams, because i'm in ROTC at my school and i was planning on going to that camp this summer.
Wendy

Salt Lake City, UT

#10 Sep 19, 2010
Why are they shooting guns when there is a red flag warning. They should be liable.
Serrah B

South Jordan, UT

#11 Sep 19, 2010
We live in Draper and it is so amazing how fast this fire is spreading. We could see the light from the fire for about 15 minutes then the flames came over the top and it just looks like lava pooring down our beautiful mountians. I pray that all the people and animals are safe!
Stacie

United States

#12 Sep 19, 2010
Looking through our field glasses we can see the flames from our home in Draper. Very scary. It makes you wonder why they were shooting in the windy conditions that were occuring all day today. Many fires in that area are caused from guns sparks.
Get a Clue

Provo, UT

#13 Sep 19, 2010
First of all they have the National Guard taking care of this. The people that need to be evacuated from there homes have been notifed, if not in person but by seeing the fire.

Just because there is a red flag warning does not mean that they are going to hold off on training that supports our military and our freedom.

These things happen all the time and will be taken care of.

Worry about the support you can give to the national guard at this time insted of who is going to pay for it! It was on Military Ground! HELLO!
Brad G Ctnwd Heights

Ogden, UT

#14 Sep 19, 2010
earlier today (5 pm) IT WAS STATED THAT THIS WAS A CONTROLLED BURN AND NOW THEY CHANGED THEIR STORY.... NOW A MACHINE GUN RANGE FIRE... BS!!!!
Doug

Salt Lake City, UT

#15 Sep 19, 2010
Fox appears to be way behind on updating their info. The evacuations have been expanded. See KSL and KUTV.
BarB

Layton, UT

#16 Sep 19, 2010
At this posting they are evacuating four houses from my daughter and family. I also have a Grandaughter and four small children living not far from them. I lived in Herriman for about ten years....the fire is quite close as I figure it. I understand houses are already on fire.
Sgt Joe

Taylorsville, UT

#17 Sep 19, 2010
Good old Camp Williams has done it again. They have not learned over the years of starting fires from the Tracer rounds that they need to be careful where and when they fire these weapons. All they need to do is make sure the area is cleared of dry brush. In a Machine gun belt of bullets every 7th round, if I remember correctly, is what you call a tracer round. I was in the Guard several years ago working at one of the Ammo Bunkers when they were showing a group of teenagers how M-60 Machine Guns worked. They started a fire from a tracer round, then stood there along with a fire truck and watched the fire grow. Myself and another individual working with me grabbed a couple of shovels and quickly put it out before it got any bigger. The fire truck folks were upset at us for this. They said we endangered our selves by doing this. I think if any folks lose their homes they need to be fully reimbursed from the State. Those folks know the fire dangers of firing live ammo from Maching guns when there is dry brush around. How stupid can you be.
Really

Provo, UT

#18 Sep 19, 2010
Ste Joe, if you are among those that understand the need for this kind of training there is no need for the comment " How stupid can you be" I dont see you out there fighting for our country or putting out the fire yourself! So shut the hell up!
dawn

Southington, OH

#19 Sep 19, 2010
What if the resident has an out of state area code? will they still be able to be notified?
Lainey

United States

#20 Sep 19, 2010
i am an 11 year old girl and my uncle, his son, and my uncles dad are up there fighting the fire and my grandma was evacuated. i am so scared. please put them in your prayers.my uncle and his dad and my cousin are up there trying to stop that stupid fire and they are so brave. i love them so much. :(
Matthew Cunningham

Salt Lake City, UT

#21 Sep 19, 2010
Living in Taylorsville, I'm a considerable distance from the fire. Yet at the same time it's snowing ash on my back porch!:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herriman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Strange green foam bubbles out of storm drain, ... Jul 25 Ed Muntin 6
Review: Love2Learn Preschool (Mar '15) Mar '15 Sweetness123 1
News Utah truckdriver builds worlds largest amateur ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Fa-Foxy 1
Review: Tesoro Child Care Center (Oct '13) Oct '13 Amy 1
News National Guard to conduct artillery training at... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Deb 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Herriman, UT (Jan '12) Jan '12 Ella 2
Fund raising (Dec '11) Dec '11 Fatu Matagi 1

Herriman Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herriman Mortgages