UTAH MINING: County council says no c...

UTAH MINING: County council says no choice but to sell Rose Canyon ...

There are 1 comment on the Fox13Now story from Oct 5, 2010, titled UTAH MINING: County council says no choice but to sell Rose Canyon .... In it, Fox13Now reports that:

HERRIMAN, Utah - Because Salt Lake County does not have the mineral rights, the county council says it has to sell several hundred acres of Rose Canyon land to the rightful owner, Kennecott Copper.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

Mineral Right Owner

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Oct 6, 2010
I own mineral rights in California. The landowner would laugh at me if I told him he has no other choice than to sell me his property.
I LOVE hiking Rose Canyon and feel it is one of the most beautiful pieces of land on the West side. What frustrates me is that Utah purchases land to keep as open space then decides they can sell it. We need a law like our National parks, once it is bought for open space it stays that way forever. Soon, there will be no more open space in Utah because of companies storing waste, drilling natural gas and oil, and digging for minerals. There are some things in life more important than the all mighty dollar. Having a beautiful place for generations of Utahans is one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herriman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good ISP in Riverton? May 27 A new resident 1
Review: Slickrock Towing And Recovery (Nov '12) May 26 Outofstate 27
News Utah visitor captures Halemaumau Crater explosi... May 14 dririe 1
Review: Midshore Manor May 12 xxeno1 1
Review: David R Maddox Attorney At Law (Apr '13) May 8 John Gonzalez 4
Beware of Shaunna Mineer. She is a criminal on ... Apr '15 LarkNark 1
If you had a say... Apr '15 inquiringmind 1
More from around the web

Herriman People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE