Do you want a yard sign from your favorite political candidate ?

Created by OldTimer1938 on Jun 12, 2011

12 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Jun 27, 2011
Hernando must not be regulating politic signs as much as they claim. The Mayor told me a couple of months ago that the city did not allow signs until 60 days before the election.
I see a big Pollard sign in Nesbit which in the Hernando city limits.
His election is not until Nov 8. He must have an "in" like Bryant for Governor. His signs have been up for several months.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Jul 7, 2011
Article in The Commercial Appeal today about political signs in Southaven. It seems there is a $25.00 fee per sign that is put up on city right-away & Code Enforcement is taking them down.
Personally , I would would like to see all political signs banned, but I guess that come under freedom of speech.
I do see where a subdivision just off Hwy 51 in Hernando does not allow any yard signs. A Homeowners Assoc. Agreement I suppose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hernando Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hernando policemen suspended;Hernando Police De... (Mar '10) 3 hr spydeee 16
anybody know crystal noel? (Nov '11) Fri itmightbeme 2
Poll Are The Southaven Police Too Rude?? (Jan '08) May 21 publicrights 321
News Corinth plant closing to leave 400 without jobs (Aug '10) May 15 1 4 de show 92
News DeSoto County Jail, Kenosha Wilson, Parkwood Ho... (Mar '10) May 14 really now 68
Brittany Bible May 13 Shameless secrets 1
Which bars in Southaven have the best looking w... (May '13) May 13 Pisces 6
More from around the web

Hernando People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]