Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

Aug 4, 2010 Full story: www.cnn.com 201,189

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Full Story
sheesh

Stafford, VA

#207026 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No I have no interest in proving whatever you want me to prove. Ho hum. Calm down fruitcake. They're all the same. Bush Clinton Obama.
So will you vote for Joe Biden for president? Think the dems will nominate him? Old giggling Joe? Bet you like that fool. Just your type. A moron! Or Clinton! I bet she's your man! Maybe Al Gore! He invented the internet and global warming.
It'll be Hilary up for the nod in the next one. Maybe the Republican party can come up with a real human being this time. Or we'll have Bill back lurking around the oval office trying for another expensive BJ.
Poof

Cambridge, IL

#207027 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama gave free cell phones to drug dealers. That's the end result of his free phone so you can get a job hairbrained scheme.
Stop cashing your government retirement checks. Why are you taking cash from Obama? Get off the teat and get a job you dead beat!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207028 Aug 4, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
It'll be Hilary up for the nod in the next one. Maybe the Republican party can come up with a real human being this time. Or we'll have Bill back lurking around the oval office trying for another expensive BJ.
Can you imagine Bill running around as first gentleman? The old horndog will have a field day.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207029 Aug 4, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Stop cashing your government retirement checks. Why are you taking cash from Obama? Get off the teat and get a job you dead beat!
Hey, dumbf**k, he had a job his whole life. He paid into that retirement fund all his life. He worked all his life. you seriously post that cr@p about not getting back what he paid in, like the "free phone drug dealing" crowd, who has never known a real job? Yuo're an even bigger idiot than I thought you were...
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207030 Aug 4, 2013
Poof wrote:
<quoted text>Stop cashing your government retirement checks. Why are you taking cash from Obama? Get off the teat and get a job you dead beat!
The government doesn't issue checks anymore Jizzy. Direct deposit.

I was a government geologist for 33 years, I accepted a lower salary than I could get in the private sector in exchange for a comfortable retirement that I earned every penny of and am now enjoying. Glad it makes you mad.

Don't you wish you went to college and made something of your worthless life? We sure do!

Since: Dec 09

Knoxville, TN

#207031 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
They're all "gimme gimme gimme". Gimme gay marriage. Gimme HIV cure. Gimme Obama plan. Gimme Obama care. Gimme gimme.
So you don't really believe that gay marriage should be something that gay Americans should have access to? All of your comments saying that you are in favor of same-sex marriage have been false?
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207032 Aug 4, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, old fella, I keep teling people, it'll be Jeb in 2016. They already laid the groundwork to keep Hillary out. Benghazi. That'll be the wild card that they use to "say" that we didn't want her (not that I do, I need a patriot) and to "fix" (this means use the Electoral College to 'adjust' the vote in favor of the pre-approved Jeb) the results and "PRESTO!" whaddya know? They'll tell us that we wanted Jeb!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207033 Aug 4, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
We need a real leader. Hillary ain't it. Obama ain't it.
sheesh

Stafford, VA

#207034 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
No I have no interest in proving whatever you want me to prove. Ho hum. Calm down fruitcake. They're all the same. Bush Clinton Obama.
So will you vote for Joe Biden for president? Think the dems will nominate him? Old giggling Joe? Bet you like that fool. Just your type. A moron! Or Clinton! I bet she's your man! Maybe Al Gore! He invented the internet and global warming.
You know it will be Hilary. She'll get in unless the Republicans can find an actual human being to nominate. That'll give ol' Bill another crack at staining a dress in the Oral Office.
sheesh

Stafford, VA

#207035 Aug 4, 2013
Pietro Armando wrote:
<quoted text>

Billy Boy was lobbing cruise missiles into Iraq, and Monica.
Genuine LOL. That has to be the best comment of the day. Bravo!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207036 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't really believe that gay marriage should be something that gay Americans should have access to? All of your comments saying that you are in favor of same-sex marriage have been false?
Did I say that twinkletoes? I believe gay marriage should be allowed. I also believe you go "gimme gimme gimme" too much. And have a big chip on your fat shoulder.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207037 Aug 4, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, old fella, I keep teling people, it'll be Jeb in 2016. They already laid the groundwork to keep Hillary out. Benghazi. That'll be the wild card that they use to "say" that we didn't want her (not that I do, I need a patriot) and to "fix" (this means use the Electoral College to 'adjust' the vote in favor of the pre-approved Jeb) the results and "PRESTO!" whaddya know? They'll tell us that we wanted Jeb!
Maybe Big D will run. He's a patriot. We're not. According to him.

Knoxville, TN

#207038 Aug 4, 2013
Rocky Hudsony wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ExXWyexgFRoXX
Long version..
"Run Through the Jungle"

"The song was written by Creedence's lead singer, guitarist and songwriter, John Fogerty. It was included on their 1970 album Cosmo's Factory, the group's fifth album. The song's title and lyrics, as well as the year it was released (1970), have led many to assume that the song is about the Vietnam War. The fact that previous Creedence Clearwater Revival songs such as "Fortunate Son" were protests of the Vietnam War added to this belief. However, according to the song's composer, that's not really the case. Fogerty, in a 1993 interview with the Los Angeles Times, said,

"I think a lot of people thought that because of the times, but I was talking about America and the proliferation of guns, registered and otherwise. I'm a hunter and I'm not antigun, but I just thought that people were so gun-happy -- and there were so many guns uncontrolled that it really was dangerous, and it's even worse now. It's interesting that it has taken 20-odd years to get a movement on that position."

(Wikipedia)
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207039 Aug 4, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it will be Hilary. She'll get in unless the Republicans can find an actual human being to nominate. That'll give ol' Bill another crack at staining a dress in the Oral Office.
Buddy, you don't seriously believe that they're gonna let someone in, who'll want to fix what's wrong, do you? Look at Perot. Look at Ron Paul. How close did either of them get?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207040 Aug 4, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Genuine LOL. That has to be the best comment of the day. Bravo!
Let's not forget wag the dog.

Knoxville, TN

#207041 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say that twinkletoes? I believe gay marriage should be allowed. I also believe you go "gimme gimme gimme" too much. And have a big chip on your fat shoulder.
How else is someone supposed to interpret the comment, "They're all "gimme gimme gimme". Gimme gay marriage. Gimme HIV cure. Gimme Obama plan. Gimme Obama care. Gimme gimme."?

"Gimme gay marriage..." "Gimme HIV cure..."

Tsk...

And I was just beginning to think you were real deal. Such a disappointment.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207042 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Run Through the Jungle"
"The song was written by Creedence's lead singer, guitarist and songwriter, John Fogerty. It was included on their 1970 album Cosmo's Factory, the group's fifth album. The song's title and lyrics, as well as the year it was released (1970), have led many to assume that the song is about the Vietnam War. The fact that previous Creedence Clearwater Revival songs such as "Fortunate Son" were protests of the Vietnam War added to this belief. However, according to the song's composer, that's not really the case. Fogerty, in a 1993 interview with the Los Angeles Times, said,
"I think a lot of people thought that because of the times, but I was talking about America and the proliferation of guns, registered and otherwise. I'm a hunter and I'm not antigun, but I just thought that people were so gun-happy -- and there were so many guns uncontrolled that it really was dangerous, and it's even worse now. It's interesting that it has taken 20-odd years to get a movement on that position."
(Wikipedia)
Wow! Thanks for that totally irrelevant and useless information.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207043 Aug 4, 2013
veryvermilion wrote:
<quoted text>
"Run Through the Jungle"
(Wikipedia)
Within these lyrics:
"Some folks are born to wave the flag,
Ooh, they're red, white and blue.
And when the band plays "Hail to the chief",
Ooh, they point the cannon at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no senator's son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,
Yeah!

Some folks are born silver spoon in hand,
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.
But when the taxman comes to the door,
Lord, the house looks like a rummage sale, yes,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no millionaire's son, no.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Some folks inherit star spangled eyes,
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yoh,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no military son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no"

I see no mention of guns. Sorry. I do, however, see mention made of privileged families. I see references to some telling others about the prices that unfortunate are allowed to pay, in order to support the priviliged few. Sorry again. I don't care what they have quoted him as saying.
Rocky Hudsony

Wooster, OH

#207044 Aug 4, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe Big D will run. He's a patriot. We're not. According to him.
Good Christ, Frank!
Are you trying to give me a heart attack?
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#207045 Aug 4, 2013
sheesh wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary "what difference does it make" Clinton. Priceless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hermosa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ascending 1 hr guest 1
Downtown Manhattan Beach 15 hr Bently 4
Redondo Beach Councilman Aust proposes smoking ... (Jun '12) Oct 15 Wolfman 2
Hesperia chiropractor has helped babies, disabl... Sep 25 Chiropractor from... 4
Hermosa Beach California Parking Ticket Scams (Oct '10) Sep '14 Donna 9
Parrots Cause Blackout in Beach Cities (Dec '13) Sep '14 Sacred Trey II 2
OinkSM Secret Sauce Patent Issued Aug '14 JasonTT 1

Hermosa Beach News Video

Hermosa Beach Dating
Find my Match

Hermosa Beach Jobs

Hermosa Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Hermosa Beach News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hermosa Beach

Personal Finance