Torrance Police substation at Del Amo Fashion Center closes

Full story: Daily Breeze 86
A Torrance Police Community Center at the Del Amo Fashion Center, which opened in 1987 to combat rising crime, was closed in July by the mall owners. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
thor

United States

#86 Aug 9, 2009
this mall on weekend nights looks like south central,R.I.P. Del Amo lol
Native

Corona, CA

#87 Aug 10, 2009
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Zody's and Whitefront? And the Ontra Cafeteria, and the food at JJ Newberrys?
Oh my... I had forgotten about the Ontra. Cafeteria style family dining at its best. Which Newberry's? There was one at South Bay Center (now the Galleria) and one down by the Redondo Pier (near the where hotel and Gold's Gym are now). I think the one by the pier burned down before the one at SBC closed its doors.
LOL

Los Angeles, CA

#88 Aug 10, 2009
Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my... I had forgotten about the Ontra. Cafeteria style family dining at its best. Which Newberry's? There was one at South Bay Center (now the Galleria) and one down by the Redondo Pier (near the where hotel and Gold's Gym are now). I think the one by the pier burned down before the one at SBC closed its doors.
Wasn't there a Newberry's in the same "mall" as the AMC Theatres on Cren. and PCH too? Long time ago, maybe I am not remembering correctly!
Cornelius

Carson, CA

#89 Aug 10, 2009
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't there a Newberry's in the same "mall" as the AMC Theatres on Cren. and PCH too? Long time ago, maybe I am not remembering correctly!
Nope there was the Timewarp and Debbie does Dallas store, then too there was XXX movie house called Darlas.
keeping an eye out

Lomita, CA

#90 Aug 20, 2009
andrews is not a good security company.all secuity companies hire the same persons from the LA,area.9 a hr andrews gaurds is not good. the mall should look at paying more money for a good company and security officers that make 11 or 12 HR and leave in the area,getto gaurds and kid gaurds is what you have now. feel safe? i shop at the stores around PCH and crenshaw,i notice the security that patrols that area looks like cops and are old enough to be a cop, mybe the mall should go talk to them about how they do things. i talked to one the gaurds before that was kicking some guy out of the mall area that was asking for money,i asked if he was a off duty cop because the way he handled himself.he was not.
Del Amo LP

United States

#91 Jul 21, 2014
Del Amo Mall will not last without a strong PD presence. In the years I worked Loss Prevention for various stores at this mall, Ive been assaulted, had knives pulled on me, and responded to several customer on customer assaults (including a man in a wheelchair being pepper sprayed by a group of women). Aside from the violent crimes theft is a daily problem and without a strong police presence there is little the unarmed Loss Prevention Officers can do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hermosa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Long Beach post offices targeted for possible... (Aug '09) 37 min The Mad Man 40
Lawyer accused of ethics breach (Mar '08) Sat SCmm 56
Review: One Stop Engine Rebuilding Jan 23 mossy seaman 2
Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Jan 22 Elisha Birk 3,766
Review: Lighting Professionals Inc Jan 21 Connie Jensen 1
Redondo Beach smoking ban may see light of day (Oct '08) Jan 20 Alberto 40
Telephone Answering Service Helps Your Business... (Jan '11) Jan 20 Sylvia 7

Hermosa Beach News Video

Hermosa Beach Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hermosa Beach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News