Couples Lose Deposits When Inglewood ...

Couples Lose Deposits When Inglewood Wedding Hall Closes

There are 129 comments on the KNBC story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Couples Lose Deposits When Inglewood Wedding Hall Closes. In it, KNBC reports that:

Couples who planned to get married at Ivy House Gardens in Inglewood, Calif., are scrambling to find alternate locations after the hall suddenly closed, KNBC reported. via KNBC

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNBC.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Claudia

La Puente, CA

#129 Jul 6, 2012
Hello Angry brides, I'm just curious was there any resolution to this case? Was Christel ever found and did anyone received any money back from the Ivy House?
Fellow Bride

Los Angeles, CA

#130 Jul 6, 2012
Claudia wrote:
Hello Angry brides, I'm just curious was there any resolution to this case? Was Christel ever found and did anyone received any money back from the Ivy House?
Everyone filed for bankruptcy except John Crawford who apparently sold the Ivy House after it closed. I went to the bankruptcy hearing and the judge said since Cristel and Arthur had no assets there was nothing to distribute. My attorney is looking for Mr Crawford to try serving him. Also trying to find Hector Perez the notary because he apparently didn't follow state law in notarizing marriage certificates. My marriage certificate was filed incorrectly. The County Recorder said he would be responsible as a state licensed officiant. What a mess!
Melissa-Ivy House Bride

Torrance, CA

#131 Jul 9, 2012
Fellow Bride wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone filed for bankruptcy except John Crawford who apparently sold the Ivy House after it closed. I went to the bankruptcy hearing and the judge said since Cristel and Arthur had no assets there was nothing to distribute. My attorney is looking for Mr Crawford to try serving him. Also trying to find Hector Perez the notary because he apparently didn't follow state law in notarizing marriage certificates. My marriage certificate was filed incorrectly. The County Recorder said he would be responsible as a state licensed officiant. What a mess!
When was the bankruptcy hearing, I haven't heard a word....and I suspect we would since I have a judgement against her and her dad? Any info would be greatly appreciated. And the properties at the Ivy house went into foreclosure, how is it that John sold them?
Cheryl

Las Vegas, NV

#132 May 8, 2013
I worked with Christel for about 5 months between her business and The Ivy House as bookkeeper. The mess that was right under my nose was crazy. Christel would also tell me to not pay any bills or mortgages on any of the houses.

They were also receiving foreclosure notices every month. Payroll was another story.
Val

Los Angeles, CA

#133 May 8, 2013
Cheryl wrote:
I worked with Christel for about 5 months between her business and The Ivy House as bookkeeper. The mess that was right under my nose was crazy. Christel would also tell me to not pay any bills or mortgages on any of the houses.
They were also receiving foreclosure notices every month. Payroll was another story.
Is this the same bookkeeper Cheryl that stole $4000 cash? What a joke!
Christel snake

South Gate, CA

#134 Feb 20, 2014
Everyone stole from christel as she says!? She's the biggest snake alive!
VALLES PICO RIVERA LOSER

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#135 Feb 21, 2014
Christel snake wrote:
Everyone stole from christel as she says!? She's the biggest snake alive!
Why don't you return all the tables, chairs, props and case of makeup you stole!? Still cheating on your husband? What a joke!
Vernica

Los Angeles, CA

#136 May 19, 2014
I spoke with Chritel after this mess, and she told me that she would give me my wedding pictures. She never did, all I want is my pictures... how an you sleep at night knowing that you hurt so any people and promised so many things?... I still want them....
Mike

Van Nuys, CA

#137 May 20, 2014
My wife and I were Married in 2007. When we came back from our honeymoon, we were greeted by the article on the front page of The Daily breeze that the Ivy House closed down. The only person with a conscience was the videographer who returned our call and arranged a meeting to purchase copies of our wedding video. I wish the photographer had the same dignity. I would have gladly paid him for the photos or negatives. Well, what goes around comes back around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hermosa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trio of 'Real Housewives' run the gamut in Los ... 19 hr GTA 1
News Incarceration nation: What it's really like whe... Dec 4 concerned res 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Dec 2 Madeline 58
What is the back story re Scottsdale Townhomes (Apr '10) Dec 1 BGnLA1 18
News Adopt-a-family for Christmas (Dec '08) Dec 1 djmillar1 56
News Kanye West cancels tour after bizarre rants, sh... Nov 30 Dudley 63
News Harbor-UCLA Medical Center cited for safety vio... (Oct '11) Nov 29 Raj Chanani 63

Hermosa Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hermosa Beach Mortgages