Couples Lose Deposits When Inglewood ...

Couples Lose Deposits When Inglewood Wedding Hall Closes

There are 129 comments on the KNBC story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Couples Lose Deposits When Inglewood Wedding Hall Closes. In it, KNBC reports that:

Couples who planned to get married at Ivy House Gardens in Inglewood, Calif., are scrambling to find alternate locations after the hall suddenly closed, KNBC reported. via KNBC

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNBC.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Ben

North Richland Hills, TX

#1 Sep 14, 2007
I'm an employee (was) at Ivy House. Now... I'm screwed because my issue now is over $500 unpaid wages. The owner Christel Reyna has ran this business into the ground. I'm filing at the Labor Board now. Someday, I'll get my unpaid wages.
rhon

Pacoima, CA

#2 Sep 14, 2007
I was someone getting married at Ivy House on the 22nd of this month and now I won't be. Christel is such a faster talker and has guilt written all over face and you don't see one ounce of remorse in that face of hers. I really don't know how that women lives in her own skin or sleeps at night knowing full well what she did to ALL OF US! As a women I find that insulting and as a Latin women even more because I got robbed by own! I'm just so glad I am who I am and I refuse to let her rob me of my joy. I will have my day because I am a survivor and I refuse to have her get the best of me twice, not this bride and all of you out there don't let her take that from you either!
Love to you all,
Rhon
Mad Bride

Los Angeles, CA

#3 Sep 14, 2007
Dont forget to visit out blog:
ivyhousescam.blogspot.com
La Shawn Witt

San Antonio, TX

#4 Sep 15, 2007
Hello I am a wedding planner http://www.divinedivaevents.com . I have (hAD) 5 paid in full brides and 3 almos tpaid for the enxt 5 months. I sympathize with everyone who has lost. If anyone is in need of services I am too offering them at a reduced rate. When calling venues/vendors please give them your story and ask them to work with you.
Marcela

Glendora, CA

#5 Sep 17, 2007
I am also a bride that got cheated out of her money if anybody knows anything about a lawsuit of some sort to get our money back please let me know.
Janette

United States

#6 Sep 18, 2007
I got married at The Ivy House in June and I'm so upset that this happened. I was just in total shock! Luckly I got my pictures but I don't have my video yet which is a big disappointment. I talked to Cristal's cousin Linda and said she would get the video to me and she would call me back. I still haven't heard any back from them. Boy are they going to have law suits left and right and I'm going to be one of them if I don't see my video.
Isis

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Sep 18, 2007
I got married there last March, I am so sorry to all the brides and families this being affected to. I only had my ceremony there. But I remember them trying to sell me the really expensive photography and video, not to mention all of this extra a la carte extras. I awlays wondrered if they make so much money, how come they have not worked on restoring that old looking house. I remember the day of my ceremony, they allowed everybosy in 5 MINUTES before the ceremony, I was so mad, because I arranged to have it open 30 minutes before I even got a mariachi for that 30 minutes. After the ceremony everybody got kiscked out really fast and it was very embarrassing to all our guests. Bottom line, they and whoever worked there are scammers, how can the employees not know about all the turmoil.
Andrea

AOL

#8 Sep 19, 2007
I am sorry for everyone's lost I was actually going to get married there,but the parking wasn't to great and that damn cat that is on the property. I hope all of you get your money I wish you all the best
Jenny

United States

#9 Sep 20, 2007
I paid in full for my videographer and they never sent me the contract as promised. Let me know if you know how to get our money back/contact number from them. Their phone has been disconnected.
anonymous

Riverside, CA

#10 Sep 20, 2007
I work for a company that Christel subcontracted catering from, and every check she has written has bounced!! Also I want to give everybody a heads up, she also ownes Just Imagine in Riverside, CA and those check are also no good
Alsocheated

Honolulu, HI

#11 Sep 20, 2007
Marcela wrote:
I am also a bride that got cheated out of her money if anybody knows anything about a lawsuit of some sort to get our money back please let me know.
Contact Shanon Quinley, Attorney in Pasadena, She is filing a lawsuit for us
jackie duran

Pasadena, CA

#12 Sep 24, 2007
I'm truley sorry for all the one's that have lost there money...even more so the most important day of there lives. I myself got married at the Ivy House back in August of 2005, And they gave me hell of a hard time with my wedding, I did accomplish my day, but things could've been done better. I wish you all the best.
angry

United States

#13 Sep 25, 2007
push the DA to file criminal charges for felony-worthless checks, sue the crap out of her
La Mikia

United States

#14 Sep 26, 2007
I got married at the Ivy House on August 25, 2007, just 2 weeks before it was closed. I am angry for the brides and grooms that have been cheated out of their money and their special day. My fiancé(now husband) and I began planning our wedding over a year before the "big day" and I'm sure that other couples did the same. There must be hundreds of couples who have to make changes to their wedding plans because of this.

On another note, for those of us who were able to get married at the Ivy House before this scandal, where are our marriage licenses? I have been calling Christel Reyna since the day that the Ivy House closed because I need my license, as do other newly weds. If anyone knows how to get a hold of this very important paper, please let me know.
vic s

Redondo Beach, CA

#15 Sep 28, 2007
Ben wrote:
I'm an employee (was) at Ivy House. Now... I'm screwed because my issue now is over $500 unpaid wages. The owner Christel Reyna has ran this business into the ground. I'm filing at the Labor Board now. Someday, I'll get my unpaid wages.
Ben , would you happen to know the information for the photograper (Amber) and the video guy ? I am trying to get my wedding pics and video . plz respond
New Bride

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#16 Oct 2, 2007
I was THE LAST WEDDING at the Ivy House. My wedding was on the 9th of Sept. Though I am thankful that I got my wedding...it WAS NOT what I paid for. I to lost thousands of dollars with what was presented on my wedding day. I don't know if I will ever see my wedding video or pictures. Yep...I had my wedding, but I am screwed out of the photos and video!! I called the number that is listed on the site now and they fed me a bunch of bull!! They said that I would be getting my video and that they were working on it. Well, now no one answers that number. Does anyone have advice for me. I just want my pictures and video!!
New Bride

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#17 Oct 2, 2007
Ben wrote:
Hi Ben ~ I to need info for the video and photographer guys. Can you get it for me? I had my wedding Sept. 9th and still no word. Please help me.
New Bride

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#18 Oct 2, 2007
Janette wrote:
I got married at The Ivy House in June and I'm so upset that this happened. I was just in total shock! Luckly I got my pictures but I don't have my video yet which is a big disappointment. I talked to Cristal's cousin Linda and said she would get the video to me and she would call me back. I still haven't heard any back from them. Boy are they going to have law suits left and right and I'm going to be one of them if I don't see my video.
They told me the same thing about my video and pictures and I have not heard form them. It's all lies!!!
Janae Reed

Lake Elsinore, CA

#19 Oct 4, 2007
My husband and I were married on August 4th, 2007 by a minister that the Ivy House provided in another location....we still have not recieved the license and can't seem to find out any information as to whether we are legally married. If anyone can give us some information to help track down the license we would greatly appreciate it.
My heart goes out to all that have been involved...let's keep each other informed as best we can and seek out a resolution for this matter together.
Melinda

San Dimas, CA

#20 Oct 4, 2007
I had a ceremony in July and the County Clerks office told me my License was never filed? What does this mean? I am not married am I? This is a joke. They have 10 days by law to file the license . This is very upsetting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hermosa Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Furniture Store in Torrance Mon musttoast 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Redondo Beach (Oct '15) Mon Sean 41
Kroenke and Rams Suck Mon OJ s 1
Tiny dog on Anaheim st - Sunday night Mon k8baldwin 1
News Selena Gomez drastically changes her look for tour Aug 15 Carol the Pope - ... 6
Female bodybuilders (Oct '15) Aug 9 The Original Citizen 2
New Local Youth Baseball Club Jul '16 cammac84 1

Hermosa Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hermosa Beach Mortgages