Amish couple with bulldogs

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rome

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Was wondering if anyone knows anything about an Amish couple raising English Bulldogs. I heard that they lived outside of Herkimer. Any info would be helpful.
Rome

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Feb 6, 2013
Do they breed the dogs for sell?
Soul Patrol

United States

#4 Feb 6, 2013
Just to let you know Amish people are despicable! The are the biggest puppy mill breeders in the United States! They keep animals in dark barns in small cages where they never see the light of day and continuously breed them until they are too old. Then they drop them off on the side of the road. They believe animals have no souls. It's horrifying and you can bet those people are illegally breeding dogs for puppy mills. Even if THEY aren't THEY'RE PEOPLE do it and they all condone it which is just as bad or worse if you ask me. Call animal control on them so they can raid their place and get those animals onto rescues
Please

Syracuse, NY

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Soul Patrol wrote:
Just to let you know Amish people are despicable! The are the biggest puppy mill breeders in the United States! They keep animals in dark barns in small cages where they never see the light of day and continuously breed them until they are too old. Then they drop them off on the side of the road. They believe animals have no souls. It's horrifying and you can bet those people are illegally breeding dogs for puppy mills. Even if THEY aren't THEY'RE PEOPLE do it and they all condone it which is just as bad or worse if you ask me. Call animal control on them so they can raid their place and get those animals onto rescues
I agree with the poster. The Amish are well known for operating puppy mills. None of the dogs are vaccinated and most puppies die before reaching 6 months. Puppies are worm infested. Please don't purchase puppies from them. Although the prices are low, you are in for high vet bills.
hmmmmm

Utica, NY

#7 Feb 6, 2013
not to change the subject but has anyone seen the Amish Mafia on tv? interesting
balls in vice bono

New York, NY

#8 Feb 7, 2013
did someone say mafia upurs dale
Humpy dumpty

Herkimer, NY

#10 Feb 7, 2013
Amish r scumbags of the earth.may they rot in hell
PetStores

New York, NY

#11 Feb 7, 2013
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with the poster. The Amish are well known for operating puppy mills. None of the dogs are vaccinated and most puppies die before reaching 6 months. Puppies are worm infested. Please don't purchase puppies from them. Although the prices are low, you are in for high vet bills.
Just to add, most if not all PET STORES buy their puppys from puppy mills,amish or other wise. they buy them cheap jack up the price and stick it to you and the animals all with a smile;)"Thank You for your business!" Don't buy from them either. Find a good breeder that has been in business for awhile. Ask questions, and ask for references. Take the time to do it right,this pet will probably be a member of your family for many years to come.
Peg

Carthage, NY

#12 Feb 8, 2013
PetStores wrote:
<quoted text> Just to add, most if not all PET STORES buy their puppys from puppy mills,amish or other wise. they buy them cheap jack up the price and stick it to you and the animals all with a smile;)"Thank You for your business!" Don't buy from them either. Find a good breeder that has been in business for awhile. Ask questions, and ask for references. Take the time to do it right,this pet will probably be a member of your family for many years to come.
HELLO. Stop supporting these puppy mills, breeders, no difference. There are not enough homes. Please adopt from a shelter.
common sense

Farmington, CT

#13 Feb 8, 2013
I have had extensive experience with Amish. Don't get me wrong,there are probably some good ones. But for the most part they are a waste of flesh !! Most are about as smart as the pile of shit that they leave behind from their horses or dogs. I think that they hide all of their corruption with the bible. Most are the biggest crooks that I know.
Managing Risk

Utica, NY

#14 Feb 8, 2013
I always feel so sorry for their horses! They look worn out, have to travel on hard pavement, busy traffic and have to stand for long hours in heat and rain. They always look like they don't eat well either-their bones showing, dull coats, perhaps have medical problems besides. Are the Amish required to get a license for their animals, required to provide reasonable shelter, food and medical care? I didn't realize they have puppy mills. How awful!!!!
Reality check

Ilion, NY

#15 Feb 8, 2013
Managing Risk wrote:
I always feel so sorry for their horses! They look worn out, have to travel on hard pavement, busy traffic and have to stand for long hours in heat and rain. They always look like they don't eat well either-their bones showing, dull coats, perhaps have medical problems besides. Are the Amish required to get a license for their animals, required to provide reasonable shelter, food and medical care? I didn't realize they have puppy mills. How awful!!!!
. I totally agree with you. I have questioned the integrity of these people for years to deaf ears. All I would hear is praise for their simple way of life. Right. At the expense of their animals. They must be doing something right. They have huge farms. There has to be some kind of gimmicks being done by these clever people in order for them to live in this tax grabbing state. Why else would they come here?
common sense

Hartford, CT

#16 Feb 8, 2013
I have also been told of a legal incident that involved some Amish and the other party involved asked the State Police if they were going to bring charges against the Amish, to be told by the S.P.'s "we don't bother them, because they're Amish." What difference does that make, they don't have to abide by the law ?
rip

Watertown, NY

#17 Feb 13, 2014
I just put down my bulldog I bought from them due to poor breading he problems with his bones at age 2 we spend 4000 dollars on surgeries and trainers we had to put him on prozak due to his bad temper met my heart is broken I loved him but unfortunately did not have any other option but to lay him to rest
Mad Mountie

Little Falls, NY

#18 Feb 13, 2014
They also don't socialize puppies, so they don't know how to act around people and other animals when moved into a new home. Animals to them are a piece of farm equipment, or money maker.
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
poopy

Bedford, MA

#19 Feb 15, 2014
So how can i get one
Reality check

Ilion, NY

#20 Feb 15, 2014
Mad Mountie wrote:
They also don't socialize puppies, so they don't know how to act around people and other animals when moved into a new home. Animals to them are a piece of farm equipment, or money maker.
<quoted text>
Like their women ad children.t
Smooth Sally

Hoosick Falls, NY

#21 Feb 16, 2014
poopy wrote:
So how can i get one
First, you have to ask your mommy if you can have one.
Sunny B

Schenectady, NY

#22 Feb 18, 2014
I live next to an Amish farm. And its a living hell here. over the years I have seen their animals die out in the snow, big old plow horses suffering for weeks laying flat out on the ground, pigs tied in the snow that have froze to the ground,, I call the police, my neighbors called too, SPCA, any one I can find to help. When they fine out their Amish they won't help. ..I saved a mother cat and her 6 kittens, had them all fixed, Amish shot them on me..Their young boys throw stones over my fence at my dog .Now they have started a puppy mill here too, poor dogs crying/howling all the time..They do their dirty work at night where people cant see when butchering. They burn anything they can't eat, always burning, the smell makes you puke... I had to build high fences around my property because their animals/bulls come on your lawn and destroy everything you have looking for food. They walk down the road like they have golden asses.. I cant sell my house because of their shithole of a looking farm..These Amish are the worse of the worst...
GREAT POSTS

Little Falls, NY

#23 Feb 18, 2014
You people are a disgrace. The Amish are hard working people who want to be part of the community. Like I said you people are a disgrace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do Liberals 43 min blood n soil 3
Saint John is a giggalo 1 hr Truth 2
Congress woman Tenny to have a booth at Herkime... 7 hr John Zogby 25
does anyone no becky brown-cool (Dec '09) 9 hr Paul 39
People in Herkimer who Made a Difference (A Goo... (Dec '08) 10 hr Photog 11
Fred's House 10 hr Freds address 3
North Washington Street 18 hr No Clue 9

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance