what are they building?

what are they building?

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

just wondering

Bedford, MA

#1 Dec 4, 2012
Anyone know what they are building on Mohawk st in Herkimer across from fasttrac? Another business that will shut down?
don hoe

Utica, NY

#2 Dec 4, 2012
just wondering wrote:
Anyone know what they are building on Mohawk st in Herkimer across from fasttrac? Another business that will shut down?
Its going to be a wendys
what a relief

Herkimer, NY

#3 Dec 5, 2012
don hoe wrote:
<quoted text>Its going to be a wendys
Well if this is true, thank god. I was just thinking that we could sure use another grease pit in this town. Our obesity rate just isn't as high as we had hoped, so this is a great idea.

Seriously. Our hopes for revitalizing anything are fading by the second. Bad schools, more fast food, huge small business failure rate, etc. How do we even begin to get out of this downward spiral? That's a serious question. I don't pretend to have answers but am pretty disgusted like many others about what this place is becoming.
ilion super

New York, NY

#4 Dec 5, 2012
im told a gentlemens club with beer
Amazed

Virginia Beach, VA

#5 Dec 5, 2012
I read on these forums and all people do is complain. Why don't you all get out in your village and make a difference instead of laying blame on someone else. I lived there for 20 years, people used to be involved with the community.
I KNOW WHAT IT IS

United States

#6 Dec 5, 2012
IT'S NOT going to be a Wendy's! Believe it or not it's going to be yet ANOTHER Chinese nail salon, like we need another one, so all of these young welfare and SSI mothers around here can get their nails done with government money for their unemployed baby daddies! So they'll look good and sexy which will in turn lead to MORE babies raised by mothers on SSI and Public Assistance. It seems to be a never-ending cycle in this country that needs to either slow down or end. No wonder our country is going broke and can't really afford all of these social entitlement programs. Perhaps the Chinese government got it right by imposing a ONE-CHILD LIMIT on all couples living in their country. Don't worry though, it'll probably never happen here, so.....BANG AWAY, young people!
Grab a clue

Long Eddy, NY

#7 Dec 5, 2012
I KNOW WHAT IT IS wrote:
IT'S NOT going to be a Wendy's! Believe it or not it's going to be yet ANOTHER Chinese nail salon, like we need another one, so all of these young welfare and SSI mothers around here can get their nails done with government money for their unemployed baby daddies! So they'll look good and sexy which will in turn lead to MORE babies raised by mothers on SSI and Public Assistance. It seems to be a never-ending cycle in this country that needs to either slow down or end. No wonder our country is going broke and can't really afford all of these social entitlement programs. Perhaps the Chinese government got it right by imposing a ONE-CHILD LIMIT on all couples living in their country. Don't worry though, it'll probably never happen here, so.....BANG AWAY, young people!
FYI, nail salons locally are owned and operated by Vietnamese women. I fail to see the connect between a nail salon and SSI. You, my friend, are truly reaching on this bigoted rant. Please go cool off.
same thing

New York, NY

#8 Dec 5, 2012
vietnamese chineese jappanese dirty kneese as long as its not muslums there, i wipe mmy azz with the 55koran
Grab a clue

Syracuse, NY

#9 Dec 5, 2012
same thing wrote:
vietnamese chineese jappanese dirty kneese as long as its not muslums there, i wipe mmy azz with the 55koran
Eloquent and a bigot. What a wonderful combination.
I KNOW WHAT IT IS

Gilboa, NY

#10 Dec 5, 2012
Whatever! It's almost the end of the world as we know it anyhow. Sayonara, Ms. Self-Righteous! Brace for impact. BTW, how many illegitimate rugrats that the government is feeding, clothing and helping to house, running around YOUR residence??? Keep popping them out-the more the merrier, right? The more mouths you have to feed, the more food stamp benefits you'll get, right? Then it's off to Walmart so you can restock the fridge and cupboards.
Grab a clue

Syracuse, NY

#11 Dec 6, 2012
I KNOW WHAT IT IS wrote:
Whatever! It's almost the end of the world as we know it anyhow. Sayonara, Ms. Self-Righteous! Brace for impact. BTW, how many illegitimate rugrats that the government is feeding, clothing and helping to house, running around YOUR residence??? Keep popping them out-the more the merrier, ght? The more mouths you have to feed, the more food stamp benefits you'll get, right? Then it's off to Walmart so you can restock the fridge and cupboards.

Whoa! No kids, no rug rats, never had any, never wanted any, and rarely if ever frequent Walmart. You have truly demonstrated that there is a mean bigoted screw loose in your head. Don't project your hate on me.
well i dont know

North Billerica, MA

#12 Dec 16, 2012
I see they have walls up when i drove by. It looks too small to be any business
macho camacho

New York, NY

#13 Dec 16, 2012
whatever it is it will be open before the alleged "Burrito Jonz"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Jail in Herkimer 8 min Call Me Teacher 12
Ailee Johnston (Aug '17) 9 hr ThatBabyGirlSB 10
Jill doolen 9 hr SmartGuy 17
nba all star caters to blacks 15 hr kobe is a rapist 1
What is a "Titsoon"? (Nov '11) 15 hr shamwow 16
Larry Dack is resposible (Oct '12) 20 hr Mother on snap 11
Best Bars in 80s & 90s. (Feb '14) Sun Been There 71

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance