more bullcrap from Burrito Jonz

more bullcrap from Burrito Jonz

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

Penny-Pinching Gringo

Malone, NY

#1 Nov 29, 2013
Burrito Jonz claimed it would open for business Monday December 1. Now John Winter says on Facebook,

"Because of the thanksgiving holiday week we are delaying our opening til Thursday December 12th. Contractor(s) still have work to do inside."

LOL. The place is 1 1/2 years behind schedule and contractors still have work to do, that makes sense.

And that darn Thanksgiving holiday, didn't see that coming!

Worst investment of $30,000 in hard-earned taxpayer dollars ever. Place is never going to open.

But hey at least we've got a gaudy disco light on Main St! Surely that hideous thing violates some sort of municipal ordinance concerning public decency.
Doubtng Thomas

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Nov 30, 2013
If it ever does open, I'll give it perhaps, oh, say one month to fail miserably at which time Jon Winters will have either Christmas, New Year's or the rotten weather in Upstate New York at this time of year to blame for the restaurant's downfall. What a sad joke and disappointment this must be for Herkimer's public officials who apparently got screwed out of $30K. Maybe they will learn something from this. Maybe not.
Repeating Kindergarten

Blossvale, NY

#3 Dec 2, 2013
I can't believe that John Winter got Herkimer IDA and the Village Trustees to give him money. The guy is an absolute blow hard.
Instead of spending time complaining about Obama he should get his act together. Who ever his accountant is should be investigated as I'm willing to be he doesn't his share in taxes.

Little Falls, NY

#4 Dec 2, 2013
This fast food joint is destined to fail. Never mind the delays and public monies invested. The joint is located in an area that looks like an apocalypse aftermath movie set. With zombies wandering around aimlessly all day and night. Winters are not so bad but come spring, out they come and out they stay out. Failure is the only option.

Little Falls, NY

#5 Dec 3, 2013
Listen. Anyone worth their salt knows that a timed opening of a new business is crucial to the success of that business. This guy has no money accept what he was given and borrowed. The idea that our public officials didn't run any sort of credit check on this his guy is reprehensible. Almost two years after the announcement of his coming too Herkimer still no results. The saddest part is the IDA and the Village will be extremely reluctant to assist any new VIABLE businesses that might come to Herkimer.Dominic's Deli moved in less than two months and reopened his entire business without a dime from anyone. Burrito Jones has no excuses.The entire project was a cluster phuck from the beginning.From Mr Winters to the IDA and the Village board. Live and learn. Who would possible go there now?
Bullito Jonz

Malone, NY

#6 Dec 5, 2013
*** NEWS FLASH ***

Bullito Jonz opening delayed once again

Personnel matters + Christmas / New Year holiday

Now targeting Thursday January 2

... is that 2015? 2016?

meat heads

Little Falls, NY

#7 Dec 14, 2013
Who cares....shut up. F&%$ burrito jonz...get lives people....valley scum. They don't accept ebt anyway!
Fed up

Syracuse, NY

#8 Dec 14, 2013
I agree with meat heads,SHUT UP about Burrito Jonz already!!!If they open,they open,what you so worried about?Did you apply for a job there or something?

Carthage, NY

#9 Dec 14, 2013
I don't care if he ever opens. The problem is he swindled 15K grant money and 15k loan from the Herkimer IDA more than 2 years ago in order to start a business that never will be started. The IDA should hold him accountable for all of that money plus interest. Just for this swindle, the public has a right to be outraged.
Fed Up

Malone, NY

#10 Dec 16, 2013
this Burrito Boob Winter picked the taxpayer pocket twice getting $30,000 in hard earned money on the promise he'd open a burrito joint and create a couple of jobs and add to the tax base if just a little.

Well, it's going on TWO YEARS and that fraudster hasn't opened yet. What he has done is closed up his Utica burrito shack, last summer on account of lack of business.

In the meantime, three new Tex Mex joints have opened in Utica / N.H. which just goes to show you how competent Winter is as a marketer and businessman.

anyone who condemns public outrage over Burrito Jonz' thievery of public funds probably thieves public funds themselves -- i.e. a welfarian.

Malone, NY

#11 Dec 16, 2013
wish we could meet in person.... I would like to meet you .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Did Romas go out of business 48 min Randomdude 17
Where is their a good hair dresser? 1 hr HerkGuy 2
Endzone 4 hr buffalohead 9
1230 AM sports radio station? 5 hr godforsaken herkimer 2
Cuts and Colors Salon 6 hr buffalohead 10
Gay Dan Netti 6 hr buffalohead 4
Matt Spisak (Jul '16) 7 hr buffalohead 33
Old Ponderosa Bldg 9 hr godforsaken herkimer 37

Herkimer Jobs

Personal Finance