new gun registration laws where do you stand

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

jimmy

Oneida, NY

#1 Jan 7, 2013
They will in congress tryimg to pass new gun laws.Where does everybody stand on the second amendment.All law enforcement I welcome your comments/feelings on this.
Drone in the Sky

Little Falls, NY

#2 Jan 8, 2013
Rather than pass gun control laws, it would be better to fund mental health treatment. I would be in support of a tax on gun sales to provide this funding.

As for anyone who thinks we citizens need to have guns to defend ourselves against the government, forget it. The government has nukes and drones. We lost our ability to defend ourselves against our own government about 100 years ago, if not longer.
common sense

Somerville, MA

#3 Jan 9, 2013
It isn't the legal registered guns that should concern us, it is the illegal guns that concern me. Most crimes are commited with illegal guns or guns that do not belong to the person using them to commit the crime. I would almost guarantee that if all guns were outlawed I could probably go to Albany, Syracuse, Utica, or any major city and buy an illegal gun within minutes, if I were looking for one to commit a crime. New laws will never change the illegal guns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George Eissler 8 hr anonymous 6
Jamo's Restaurant & Bar grand opening! 10 hr bojive 99
South Washington St Trash 😂 15 hr Someone else noti... 3
carole franklin (Feb '12) 20 hr daviserin 40
Herkimer County Humane Society Sat Mary 37
HAPPY EARTH WEEK hippy freaks Sat INNAGODDADAVIDA baby 1
The Standard Furniture Company (Nov '09) Sat KCC 14
More from around the web

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE