Baby Boomers Cookery and Lounge

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Gabi

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 1, 2007
 
Anybody know if Baby Boomers is closed for good? I love that place!
Former CNYer

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 26, 2008
 
Last I knew the owners turned that place into a hamburger & hot dog joint. The second floor (where the bar was) was renovated into student apartments.
Bob Cat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 12, 2008
 
How is that place doing, anyway?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 13, 2008
 
they serve great bob cat burgers
Bob Cat wrote:
How is that place doing, anyway?
Bob Cat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 14, 2008
 
Ho Ho
LOWES-KNOWS

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 25, 2008
 
another burger joint....like Herkimer needed that...
LOWES-KNOWS

Geneva, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 25, 2008
 

Judged:

1

What about Frank and Burgy's? I heard they are expensive and not that big of a deal for a grill joint.
Alicia

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 25, 2008
 
Has anyone been to Chilada's?
lucky

Williamson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 25, 2008
 
where is chilada's. and what kind of food do they have
Buffy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 31, 2008
 
Where Atomic used to be, across from Folts Home.
Pete

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 24, 2008
 
lol
Bob Cat

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 26, 2008
 
Well..has anybody ever been to any of these places?
nitemare

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 22, 2008
 
Alicia wrote:
Has anyone been to Chilada's?
If you mean "The Whole Enchilada" next to Frank and Burgy's, it didn't last long. Now it's a nail salon.

To the person asking about Frank and Burgy's, it's one of the best places I've been in Herkimer, whether it's their hand formed burgers, Hofmann hot dogs, fresh cut fries or sweet potato fries. My only complaint is they are closed more often than they are open.

I still can't find a Mexican like the ones the former T-P had, but I've been on a quest to find the best Mexican burgers in the area. Although they aren't anything like the T-P's, the former Lou's Dairy Creme in Mohawk and Voss are tied for first place, while Kenickie's in Little Falls is in second place. Everything else I've tried pales in comparison so far. If anyone has a Mexican like the former T-P, I will be in heaven again. I really miss that place.

I hate to say it, but I went to Boomer's and was disappointed, then went back several times to make sure and they always seemed to charge too much for lackluster food.:-(
Just Off Center

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 23, 2008
 
nitemare wrote:
<quoted text>
If you mean "The Whole Enchilada" next to Frank and Burgy's, it didn't last long. Now it's a nail salon.
To the person asking about Frank and Burgy's, it's one of the best places I've been in Herkimer, whether it's their hand formed burgers, Hofmann hot dogs, fresh cut fries or sweet potato fries. My only complaint is they are closed more often than they are open.
I still can't find a Mexican like the ones the former T-P had, but I've been on a quest to find the best Mexican burgers in the area. Although they aren't anything like the T-P's, the former Lou's Dairy Creme in Mohawk and Voss are tied for first place, while Kenickie's in Little Falls is in second place. Everything else I've tried pales in comparison so far. If anyone has a Mexican like the former T-P, I will be in heaven again. I really miss that place.
I hate to say it, but I went to Boomer's and was disappointed, then went back several times to make sure and they always seemed to charge too much for lackluster food.:-(
If your looking for an exact replica of the TP Drive-In Mexican Hot, try Crossway's Tavern in Ilion. Crossways's has re-opened their dining room after many years and the food is fantastic. They do have the TP Mexicans, in fact they have Nancy who used to be at the TP working there and she brought the recipe. They also have the hero's that used to be at the Black and White in the gorge. They make an excellent hot roast beef sandwich. Jimmy Crossway has been really trying to clean the place up and change the cliental. The dining room entrance is seperate from the bar.
News

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 23, 2008
 
Boomers has good ice cream
CIndy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 26, 2008
 
I would like to try Frank and Burgey's--but it seems like it is always closed. I hear good things about it, though. I had heard about Crossway's! Sounds good! Where is Kenickie's?
Jim

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Nov 13, 2008
 
LOWES-KNOWS wrote:
What about Frank and Burgy's? I heard they are expensive and not that big of a deal for a grill joint.
I get to Frank and Burgy's a couple times a weeks great Burger great Fries everthing is cooked fresh nothing frozen. Alot of people seem to like there Mexican sauce made by Alan. Run by a couple great guy's Alan and John. Give it a try you won't be disapointed.
good stuff

Poland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Nov 13, 2008
 
I tried Frank and burgy's one off the best burger I have had in the area.They run a close second to the empire diner who also has hand shaped burger never frozen and great waitresses!
Jason

Lake Placid, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Nov 13, 2008
 
The wife & I have attempted to go to Frank & Burgy's for dinner a few times since they opened, and every time, they're closed.

We won't bother anymore, and we'll just wait for Heavenly Hamburgs & Hotdogs to reopen in the spring.
Nikki

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Nov 13, 2008
 
CIndy wrote:
I would like to try Frank and Burgey's--but it seems like it is always closed. I hear good things about it, though. I had heard about Crossway's! Sounds good! Where is Kenickie's?
Kenickie's is in Little Falls on Burwell Street. Go past the Hospital and keep going. Down by Vet's field back entrance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dig planned at site of NY Revolutionary War fort 1 hr Karmasabitch 6
Best Bars in 80s & 90s. 4 hr The Wizard 39
You left him 5 hr Who datt 15
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 20 hr Get real 6,195
Coroner Enea "Not suspicous" Wed Turk Turtles 13
Trouble makers Wed Peetee 2
How did Peg Czarnecki land a county job? (Nov '11) Wed clerk 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••