Putnam Station, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

THIS IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

The losers that claimed they didn't believe the merger study facts, the losers that screamed "no money from the state is a guarantee!!!" are now banking on grants to save school programs.

This, after finding out they really have NO PLAN, at least no plans that could be legally implemented.

Yeah Yeah Yeah, let's bank on grants from a state we don't trust to guarantee anything. THIS IS BRILLIANT. Who needs a merger we'll just get millions in grants every year.
You fkers are too much.
hows this for funny

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

You must be kidding.
HELLO

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

What's the deal here?
i doubt it

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

I hear more than grants are in the works.
Putt Putt

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2012

Judged:

last i heard was GRANTs went out about the same time as WOOLWORTHS and STATE STREET MILL.
kin you send me some of what your smokin / droppin so we kin all ENJOY in the GRAND SCHEME of MORE CHUCK SCAMMERS politiks??(he hazz been in orifice for 25 years and ITS ALL GEORGE BUSH's FAULT)
just saying

Carlisle, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Grants are for new projects not to make up debt you people from herkimer are the laughing stock of the valley..
no voter

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

To unreal: You disgruntled fck! Sorry you did't get your promised position in the new larger district. We all voted no because we didn't like your solution, which was not really a solution just a bandaid to keep administration and benefits at unrealistic levels without anyone needing to say ENOUGH! In a few years the mess would have been even greater, but in the meantime a handful of individuals would have made out like bandits, so of course they didn't care about that. So we voted no, not because we had another solution but rather to force the board and superintendent to actually look for other options unpopular as they may be within the administrators, teachers, and unions - and not just take and take at the expense of the kids and the taxpayers. When a budget vote comes people vote for or against the budget. They don't vote against the budget and then submit their own view of what the budget should be. That is the board's job and the superintendent's job. Same with the merger. Now they need to find solutions or give up and resign. I am confident that with the lack of support for a merger they will look at other solutions, unlike the past two years which were on banking on the merger and the incentive aid, and not thinking of a plan B and C. Hopefully they learned from that mistake. Merry Christmas.
Go back to sleep

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Yup, you like your solution better. By the way what is your solution? That's right you don't have a solution. There’s the vote no mentality I love.

What happened when your budget committee presented the idea of bringing benefits and admin. to your idea of a realistic level? Or unrealistic level?

Where did you get the bs idea a "handful were going to benefit?"

You say voters don't vote against the a budget and then submit their own views. In a way they do. They vote it down and force the board to make changes until they pass it. So you vote the merger down and you now force your board to make changes. Have you seen the proposed changes???http://www.herkimert elegram.com/news/x1926899449/H erkimer-BOE-faces-tough-decisi ons

Your board is not paid for their services. They should resign. They've been making tough choices for years but you dumbfks have no clue.

Plan B & C are cuts and more cuts.

The above BS and misinfo you spew is why you voted no and you’re having the problems you’re having. It will be worse next year.

The merger study wasn't a ploy. Merry Christmas
just saying

Carlisle, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

Herkimer teachers are paid average at best so no voter you have no clue.. thank god i don't live in your town but enjoying laughing at the no voters and sad for the ones suffering with the outcome...
DHB

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

no voter wrote:
To unreal: You disgruntled fck! Sorry you did't get your promised position in the new larger district. We all voted no because we didn't like your solution, which was not really a solution just a bandaid to keep administration and benefits at unrealistic levels without anyone needing to say ENOUGH! In a few years the mess would have been even greater, but in the meantime a handful of individuals would have made out like bandits, so of course they didn't care about that. So we voted no, not because we had another solution but rather to force the board and superintendent to actually look for other options unpopular as they may be within the administrators, teachers, and unions - and not just take and take at the expense of the kids and the taxpayers. When a budget vote comes people vote for or against the budget. They don't vote against the budget and then submit their own view of what the budget should be. That is the board's job and the superintendent's job. Same with the merger. Now they need to find solutions or give up and resign. I am confident that with the lack of support for a merger they will look at other solutions, unlike the past two years which were on banking on the merger and the incentive aid, and not thinking of a plan B and C. Hopefully they learned from that mistake. Merry Christmas.
I do not know who you are and do not care. I do not know who UNREAL is and do not care. What I do know, unlike you, is that I have paid school taxes all around the state and country (7 of them) and have experience with merging schools. I am not a four letter word because I felt the merger was in Herkimer Central's long term interest and neither is anyone else. You won by a slim majority and the assumption with that vote is that Herkimer is willing to absorb the tax increase needed to keep the school running as is. There are no other options over the long term.....taxes or state aid. There is nothing unreasonable about Herkimer's budget, teacher's pay, teacher's pensions, etc. That is what schools cost to run, period.

You wanted this......now drop the school administration conspiracy theories and start raising money "for the kids ". You are going to need it !
my guess

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

DHB wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know who you are and do not care. I do not know who UNREAL is and do not care. What I do know, unlike you, is that I have paid school taxes all around the state and country (7 of them) and have experience with merging schools. I am not a four letter word because I felt the merger was in Herkimer Central's long term interest and neither is anyone else. You won by a slim majority and the assumption with that vote is that Herkimer is willing to absorb the tax increase needed to keep the school running as is. There are no other options over the long term.....taxes or state aid. There is nothing unreasonable about Herkimer's budget, teacher's pay, teacher's pensions, etc. That is what schools cost to run, period.
You wanted this......now drop the school administration conspiracy theories and start raising money "for the kids ". You are going to need it !
There are degree's to dumb. I think it trickles down to the dumbest. I think we're at the bottom.

Hell I heard Donna, Sharon and the girls are starting to get the idea.
HeresOne

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

Judged:

From now on everybody vote yes on everything and put your complete undivided trust in all the elected officials and administrators. Hell why bother ever voting on anything. Just give up all of our freedoms and rights while we're at it. I suppose if the Yes vote went through by the straw vote slim margin of 200 votes everything would be dandy. No one would be saying how they won by such a slim margin. Oh yeah any one who votes against anyone or anything in the future it's all on you to come up with the solutions after that. How come no one pays attention to how much the legal fees are costing the Village for those few who oppose the jail? We should start demonizing them for thinking against the jail.Why aren't those village officials expected to find alternative jail sight now? Who can we revile next. I think the village spends to much on Christmas decorations.We should vote on that, no wait village trustees make those decisions for us. Harold nice job getting that retaining wall built for your sons house. That didn't cost the tax payers did it? It's always just a matter of who's ox is getting gorged.The sacred cows hate to lose. Nothing but a bunch of vile bastard hypocrites.Now go to church tomorrow and pretend to be good Christians
too funny

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2012

HeresOne wrote:
From now on everybody vote yes on everything and put your complete undivided trust in all the elected officials and administrators. Hell why bother ever voting on anything. Just give up all of our freedoms and rights while we're at it. I suppose if the Yes vote went through by the straw vote slim margin of 200 votes everything would be dandy. No one would be saying how they won by such a slim margin. Oh yeah any one who votes against anyone or anything in the future it's all on you to come up with the solutions after that. How come no one pays attention to how much the legal fees are costing the Village for those few who oppose the jail? We should start demonizing them for thinking against the jail.Why aren't those village officials expected to find alternative jail sight now? Who can we revile next. I think the village spends to much on Christmas decorations.We should vote on that, no wait village trustees make those decisions for us. Harold nice job getting that retaining wall built for your sons house. That didn't cost the tax payers did it? It's always just a matter of who's ox is getting gorged.The sacred cows hate to lose. Nothing but a bunch of vile bastard hypocrites.Now go to church tomorrow and pretend to be good Christians
Cry baby BS. You'll be ok honey.
DHB

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

HeresOne wrote:
No dude, you do not say yes to everything or agree with everyone on everything and that was not the point. There are 2 ways to fund schools, and jails for that matter......taxes and state aid.
You clearly do not have enough of a tax base to support a school district and that is not changing anytime soon. The only other avenue is state aid and you knew, or should have known, when you voted for or against the merger that it would not be sufficient to cover bills.

You are all old enough to understand that the bills are due now. Quit the whining, no one is interested in conspiracy theories, and start raising money. We can easily accept that this is what the community voted for. What we cannot accept is the people who sit back on their haunches, witch, and expect everyone else to solve situations they took delight in creating. Is this the type of behavior the schools and churches around here teach ?

The merger vote either way was only the beginning....not the end. You want power, money is power. Start figuring out where it is going to come from.
no voter

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Judged:

It's obvious you are too institutionalized to understand. It's not always just about how to get more money to pay the bills. Money has been wasted left and right and all you people say is do we look for more money from the taxpayers or look for more money from the government. Noone is ever held accountable for wasted spending. The school is not a private company whose owner holds people responsible and makes sure there is a healthy bottom line. But if it were run that way perhaps ALL the wasted spending and unrealistic contractual obligations which the school cannot afford would be reeled in. Why is a school any different? Because it has always been that way? That is no way to run a business, nor a school. But if your income depends on these automatic contractual obligations, and not on if there is enough left over under the bottom line, you will never understand that.
They still dont get it

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

no voter wrote:
It's obvious you are too institutionalized to understand. It's not always just about how to get more money to pay the bills. Money has been wasted left and right and all you people say is do we look for more money from the taxpayers or look for more money from the government. Noone is ever held accountable for wasted spending. The school is not a private company whose owner holds people responsible and makes sure there is a healthy bottom line. But if it were run that way perhaps ALL the wasted spending and unrealistic contractual obligations which the school cannot afford would be reeled in. Why is a school any different? Because it has always been that way? That is no way to run a business, nor a school. But if your income depends on these automatic contractual obligations, and not on if there is enough left over under the bottom line, you will never understand that.
Even if that were true this is today.
Grab me a budget and show me the excess. Bottom line now is ends don't meet year to year NOW. At this time and quite possibly for ever we're fked. We can't go back.
no voter

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2012

Well then move forward. I'm not on the school board, but if you are then use your energy to get it done instead of wasting it on Topix. By the looks of it you spend a LOT of time on here.
Former Herkimer Resident

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

Do they still have the "Spanish is Fun" book that we were using in 1997? I had my brother's from when he used it in the late 1980s. Those new athletic fields and new sports uniforms look nice every year though, at least the focus is on academics and not athletics though. You want to know where you pissed most of your funding away, go look at the athletic fields that will never produce a college athlete. The focus needs to be on the students education, not athletic performance. Money has being spent wrong in the valley for years with the focus on the wrong thing and now everyone is surprised it is blowing up in their face.
wondering

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Former Herkimer Resident wrote:
Do they still have the "Spanish is Fun" book that we were using in 1997? I had my brother's from when he used it in the late 1980s. Those new athletic fields and new sports uniforms look nice every year though, at least the focus is on academics and not athletics though. You want to know where you pissed most of your funding away, go look at the athletic fields that will never produce a college athlete. The focus needs to be on the students education, not athletic performance. Money has being spent wrong in the valley for years with the focus on the wrong thing and now everyone is surprised it is blowing up in their face.
It is blowing up in our faces because aid that has been somewhat stable is being seriously cut. Schools are not allowed to save large amounts of money for a rainy day. Also when you see school doing construction it's grant monies that can only be used for that purpose.
know the facts

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2012

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It is blowing up in our faces because aid that has been somewhat stable is being seriously cut. Schools are not allowed to save large amounts of money for a rainy day. Also when you see school doing construction it's grant monies that can only be used for that purpose.
New uniforms are bought by the parents club.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Top Ten Worst Companies To Work For (Jan '10) 11 min Goldstar 288
Idiots who put both candidates signs on their lawn 1 hr Crystal 2
Kathy Farber 2 hr Braingame 4
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 15 hr Puma 36
Valley health Schrader & Watson 18 hr whats up 176
Herkimer Ponderosa for sale Days are numbered 19 hr just wondering 7
Vince Bono is a JACKASS (Mar '13) 19 hr just wondering 56

Search the Herkimer Forum:
•••
•••