concerned parent

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

While I was picking up my student at the Herkimer high school yesterday afternoon during the lockdown, music teacher Mr. Krause was checking ID's, along with at least one gym teacher. Up comes Mr. Briggs, telling them within earshot of myself and other parents "Don't bother checking ID's because we will be here all night".

School in lockdown and this guy doesn't think its worthwhile to check ID's? Seriously? Time for this guy to get his walking papers.
too late

Liverpool, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

these overpaid admin briggs/dangle retire in june.. we the sukers i mean taxpayers will pay for life...
concerned parent

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

the guy has no concern for the safety of students
Friend

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

I was astonished they allowed me to sign out my son AND one of his friends! What was the point? Obviously any adult could sign out any kid. I don't feel that was very safe and secure do you? Thankfully I know I had the parents permission but the school didn't know that or care for that matter.
concerned parent

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

yeah that's exactly what I heard from other parents also. Its time to fire some of these people. They can't take seriously a school lockdown, how can we trust they take anything else seriously?

I also heard the drivers' ed teacher had the kids driving through the crime scenes in Mohawk yesterday. Even after finding out what was going on and the schools locked down, he still kept those kids out in the car instead of immediately returning to the school. Another careless asshole that needs to be removed as a matter of safety for our kids. I got this info from a parent of one of the kids who were driving in Mohawk yesterday.
bbb

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

the drivers ed teacher was never the sharpest pencil in the bunch anyway
too late

Liverpool, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

krutsy is a good man go fishing some place else
witness

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

Shut up you poosies. They knew who they were looking for. I don't think they needed to see your id to realize you weren't a gray haired bearded killer. Over worried idiots
right

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

witness wrote:
Shut up you poosies. They knew who they were looking for. I don't think they needed to see your id to realize you weren't a gray haired bearded killer. Over worried idiots
Doesn't matter. It is protocol to check ID's when releasing kids from schools in times like these. Briggs is a jackass and should be removed.
Friend

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Thankfully I alone take full responsibility for my child and ensuring his safety in crisis so I was at the school immediately and picked up my child and his friend without a problem. I was helping out a friend that couldn't get there to get her son. I was just astonished I had no problem picking up someone elses child. Thankfully in this situation I was doing it to help but imagine if I was a pedo taking advantage of the situation and walked off with a bunch of kids. Or a drug pusher god only knows around here anymore.
Reality check

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Friend wrote:
Thankfully I alone take full responsibility for my child and ensuring his safety in crisis so I was at the school immediately and picked up my child and his friend without a problem. I was helping out a friend that couldn't get there to get her son. I was just astonished I had no problem picking up someone elses child. Thankfully in this situation I was doing it to help but imagine if I was a pedo taking advantage of the situation and walked off with a bunch of kids. Or a drug pusher god only knows around here anymore.
You are absolutely spot on. Cudos to you for taking upon the safety of your child. I've known forever that the high school is not a safe place. It was terrific that you helped a friend out,but of course, the school should never have released that other child to you. Hind sight is 20/20 at that school.
Lou Zwaite

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

You actually think a kid is gonna walk off from school with someone they dont know?
This was over reaction. They KNEW they had Myers holed up inside Glory Days. Should've let parents pick up the elementary kids if they wanted. And let the JR and SR High Students out at end of regular school day. What if a parent had to work an evening shift, how were they to pick up kids later in the afternoon?
And none of your Tard senarios "what if the shooter was still loose and he went to a school and signed out a bunch of students and shot them?" NOPE didnt and wouldnt happen.
ole timer

Johnstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2013

Judged:

concerned parent- You are the perfect example of
alot of cliches- "Monday morning quarterback",
"20-20 hindsight" and the best of all "sexual
intellectual" i.e. fking know it all. I'm sure
that you, in this situation, would have handled
everything perfectly. Enough said, but let's
get to the real questions that should be asked.
1. Who is the "chief school officer" i.e. super-
and where was he or she at the time of the lock-
down? Were they in the building giving instructions, had they set up a command center?
2. Does the school have a plan in writing that
covers the procedure to be followed if students
are not in the building at the time of a lock-
down? i.e. driving the driver ed. car
3. Did a school official (administrator) call
the driver ed. instructor and give that person
instructions on what to do?
4. Was there an armed guard i.e. police or
state trooper at every entrance in every school
building to assist whoever was checking I.D.s ?
If not,why wasn't there?
There are other questions that should be asked,
but this is a start.
When you can answer these questions, let me know.
Really

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Mohawk did not ask for ID, just sign-out, and there was only one village police officer there in standard gear. I heard that Herkimer had two fully armoured and armed police officers with automatic weapons in the building. What perv could walk in past two fully armed police officers and take a HIGH SCHOOL student out of a building. REALLY? Idiots.
Really

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Maybe 'concerned parent' has had a whiney baby suspended a few times and is pouting because their whiney baby had consequences for their behavior?
reality sez

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Really wrote:
Mohawk did not ask for ID, just sign-out, and there was only one village police officer there in standard gear. I heard that Herkimer had two fully armoured and armed police officers with automatic weapons in the building. What perv could walk in past two fully armed police officers and take a HIGH SCHOOL student out of a building. REALLY? Idiots.
Yet there are such people who would take a student out of a building with armed officers there. Not checking ID allows that to happen.

There were two armed and armored officers at HHS but that does not mean the scene is 100% secure either. Something as simple as checking ID's could make the difference in preventing additional situations from occuring. It is not a hard task nor time consuming. Instead of being worried about being there all night, Briggs and others should have SAFETY as priority #1. What's to say a student went home with another student and that student's parent, all the while their own parent has no idea that they aren't at school. Now there is panic over a missing student amidst everything else that is going on, who isn't actually missing.
reality sez

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Really wrote:
Maybe 'concerned parent' has had a whiney baby suspended a few times and is pouting because their whiney baby had consequences for their behavior?
No idea how you could possibly read that into the posts by "concerned parent" but even if what you ASSume were true, it is irrelevant to the situation posed by their post. The issue presented had to do with student safety, not whether a child had been suspended or not.

Besides, what "concerned parent" posted about Briggs was confirmed by several other parents who were in earshot of this. So instead of deflecting or changing the subject, how about addressing obvious flaws with these school administrators? Mr. Krause was doing the right thing by checking ID's. Briggs did the wrong thing telling staff not to, and also contradicted district policy during a lockdown situation.
reality sez

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

ole timer wrote:
concerned parent- You are the perfect example of
alot of cliches- "Monday morning quarterback",
"20-20 hindsight" and the best of all "sexual
intellectual" i.e. fking know it all. I'm sure
that you, in this situation, would have handled
everything perfectly.
Problem with all that nonsense is it isn't "Monday morning quarterback" or "20-20 hindsight" checking ID is part of district policy during a lockdown, and should be commonsense to be honest.

NO idea what "sexual intellectual" even means or how it would relate to this topic. Feeling a little inadequate?
Really

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

reality sez wrote:
<quoted text>
No idea how you could possibly read that into the posts by "concerned parent" but even if what you ASSume were true, it is irrelevant to the situation posed by their post. The issue presented had to do with student safety, not whether a child had been suspended or not.
Besides, what "concerned parent" posted about Briggs was confirmed by several other parents who were in earshot of this. So instead of deflecting or changing the subject, how about addressing obvious flaws with these school administrators? Mr. Krause was doing the right thing by checking ID's. Briggs did the wrong thing telling staff not to, and also contradicted district policy during a lockdown situation.
Ah,now you are sounding like a disgruntled staff person..."district policy" indeed. Again, Mohawk did NOT check ID either and there are no vile posts here on that....
HAdit

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

No matter how good the school was these azzwipes would still bitch. The bitchers are the exception not the rule. The entire staff at the HHS and HES were awesome. Let it go !!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of54
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 min Glenn Beckerhead 6,336
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Michelle 6,356
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 1 hr MacDaddyobama 16,773
How to get out of a DWI in Herkimer County 3 hr friends and family club 13
Tutty named interim superintendent at Central V... 4 hr Joe 13
auto salvage technologies 6 hr R_Crash 6
Mysteries of the universe with busy mom (May '13) 7 hr Aminal 74
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Herkimer County was issued at July 23 at 2:20PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••