First Prev
of 4
Next Last
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#61 Nov 14, 2013
keep pretending wrote:
I'm guessing your mom and dad are brother and sister.
Or was it glue sniffing???
Yet, there you are, unable to rebut what I have stated.

telling....

Perhaps your method of choice to keep you ignorant was lead paint chips, and lots of them.
dingleberry otis

Ilion, NY

#62 Nov 14, 2013
Mayberry Otis wrote:
If anyone thinks for one minute that any politician wants this strictly because it is better for the people of Herk. Cty. they are fooling themselves. It will be yet another burden on the middle-class and the back-door slippery deals between the moneymen will never be known.
Of course the politicians don't want it because it's better for the people. They clearly want the jail because it worse for everyone, even themselves, they live here too.

In fact I understand our county gives the other counties more than they ask for to house our inmates, During transport our counties also insists on paying 6 dollars a gallon for gas and eat at Ventura's or Canal Side before they return. They intentionally love hurting/costing themselves and the taxpayers. I hear these guys are cutters too. They sit in meetings running knife blades over the backs of their arms. No stitches, it's only a pain thing.
oh my goodness fella

Ilion, NY

#63 Nov 14, 2013
pretend to be smart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, there you are, unable to rebut what I have stated.
telling....
Perhaps your method of choice to keep you ignorant was lead paint chips, and lots of them.
That's it. You got me. I give up. You're just Pretending to be too Smart.
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#64 Nov 14, 2013
oh my goodness fella wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it. You got me. I give up. You're just Pretending to be too Smart.
The posting name is actually directed at Topix Trolls, such as yourself, who pretend to be smart, thinking they know something about everything. Fact remains, they are, you included, not too bright.
oh my and again

Ilion, NY

#65 Nov 14, 2013
I concede. It's overwhelming. That's it. You got me. I give up. You're just Pretending to be too Smart
genius

Herkimer, NY

#66 Nov 14, 2013
<quoted text>
There is no flow of money to the Village as a result of the jail. None. If you think a jail is the answer to your commerce problems, then you need to rethink economics...
Quackenbush, Guilford Mills and Grossman's are not viable sites nor available for this type of construction.
Why aren't they?
jerkoff

Herkimer, NY

#67 Nov 14, 2013
genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't they?
first of all, none of those properties are large enough. Second, if the Village won't deal with the County on the P&C property, what makes you think they'll allow a jail at any of those others? Dipshit.

Besides, there are other legal reasons why those properties cannot be used for what you suggest. Go to the village office and find out for yourself. They already disclosed this at village meetings.
jerkoff

Herkimer, NY

#68 Nov 14, 2013
oh my and again wrote:
I concede. It's overwhelming. That's it. You got me. I give up. You're just Pretending to be too Smart
at least you don't have to pretend to be too dumb. You're a natural!
wasting your breath

Ilion, NY

#69 Nov 15, 2013
jerkoff wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all, none of those properties are large enough. Second, if the Village won't deal with the County on the P&C property, what makes you think they'll allow a jail at any of those others? Dipshit.
Besides, there are other legal reasons why those properties cannot be used for what you suggest. Go to the village office and find out for yourself. They already disclosed this at village meetings.
Jail will be built at the P&C site.
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#70 Nov 15, 2013
wasting your breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Jail will be built at the P&C site.
Except, it won't....
keep pretending

Ilion, NY

#71 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Except, it won't....
You bet with the dumbass broke village and I'll go with the county and judge galls on this appeal. Good luck sweetheart.
Just saying bla bla bla

Herkimer, NY

#72 Nov 15, 2013
Just saying wrote:
Anyone see the article in the OD today regarding Oneida County Jail making $700,000 last year by boarding IN inmates from other counties? Care to take a guess how much they got from Herkimer County? So what are the reasons for not building the much needed jail in Herkimer County again? Oh, that's right....not in my back yard, we don't need one, they want to build one that's to big, it's too expensive, it's cheaper to board them out, the Legislators lie, we don't HAVE to build one by law....these are all quotes from Carl Streeter and the Concerned Citizens group...well gang just because you keep making these statements still doesn't make them true...also, Helen Rose needs to stop being an obstructionist, and get out of the way. The jail will be built, regardless if she likes it or not.
So they made $700,000. Is that their profit or the gross billed out. How much was from Herkimer??? and.. Is that cost to Herkimer still cheaper than building, staffing and running a jail. Your comment is really kind of just an attack on Rose. Shame on you. If you want to post, add some actual information and accounting that can be analyzed.
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#73 Nov 15, 2013
keep pretending wrote:
<quoted text>
You bet with the dumbass broke village and I'll go with the county and judge galls on this appeal. Good luck sweetheart.
Yet, Gall was overruled in the Appellate court. She is an amateur and has no business being a judge.

The county will have to prove that a public need exists for this jail to be located where they want it and there is no way they can. They can prove the need to construct a new facility but nothing can be shown it NEEDS to be at the P&C site. Even with the backing of the State CoC, that still does not constitute a need for it to justify any particular site.
still pretending

Ilion, NY

#74 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Yet, Gall was overruled in the Appellate court. She is an amateur and has no business being a judge.
The county will have to prove that a public need exists for this jail to be located where they want it and there is no way they can. They can prove the need to construct a new facility but nothing can be shown it NEEDS to be at the P&C site. Even with the backing of the State CoC, that still does not constitute a need for it to justify any particular site.
Yet, Gall will rule in favor of the county once again. She is not quite an amateur and the village is fked.

The village will have to prove that a public need exists for this jail to not be located where the county wants it and there is no way they can. They can not prove the NEED for one site, the P&C site to remain on the tax rolls. Even with the villages bankruptcy looming that still does not constitute a need to justify holding on to this particular site.

It goes both ways asshool. Or didn't you read the ruling.
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#75 Nov 15, 2013
still pretending wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet, Gall will rule in favor of the county once again. She is not quite an amateur and the village is fked.
The village will have to prove that a public need exists for this jail to not be located where the county wants it and there is no way they can. They can not prove the NEED for one site, the P&C site to remain on the tax rolls. Even with the villages bankruptcy looming that still does not constitute a need to justify holding on to this particular site.
It goes both ways asshool. Or didn't you read the ruling.
The onus is on the County to prove need, not the Village. The Village does not own said property, therefore they do not have to prove anything regarding the property and the tax rolls. State Law is pretty clear on this. Even if Gall incorrectly rules in favor of the County, it will be quickly correctly by the Appellate Court once again. The County doesn't have much chance, which is why they are considering a different attorney to fight this. Their current legal team already informed them their chances are slim. Changing attorneys will matter not, other than to pay even more legal fees unnecessarily.

It is unfortunate that you are that myopic and that you cannot understand the ruling with which you claimed to have read.
back to pretending

Ilion, NY

#76 Nov 15, 2013
<quoted text>
The onus is on the County to prove need, not the Village. The Village does not own said property, therefore they do not have to prove anything regarding the property and the tax rolls. State Law is pretty clear on this. Even if Gall incorrectly rules in favor of the County, it will be quickly correctly by the Appellate Court once again. The County doesn't have much chance, which is why they are considering a different attorney to fight this. Their current legal team already informed them their chances are slim. Changing attorneys will matter not, other than to pay even more legal fees unnecessarily.
It is unfortunate that you are that myopic and that you cannot understand the ruling with which you claimed to have read.
The state Supreme Court Appellate Division ruled Sept. 27 that the county and the village of Herkimer must return to state Supreme Court to provide more detailed documentation on whether the county's interest in building a jail trumps the village of Herkimer's interest.

What's the village going to claim it's interest is???

The county attorney informed the legislature that this type of fight is specialize.

Keep dreamin fkhead.
jerkoff

Herkimer, NY

#77 Nov 16, 2013
back to pretending wrote:
<quoted text>
The state Supreme Court Appellate Division ruled Sept. 27 that the county and the village of Herkimer must return to state Supreme Court to provide more detailed documentation on whether the county's interest in building a jail trumps the village of Herkimer's interest.
What's the village going to claim it's interest is???
The county attorney informed the legislature that this type of fight is specialize.
Keep dreamin fkhead.
and as you were already told several times, it is up to the county to prove their interests outweigh the village, not the other way around.
cant even pretend

Ilion, NY

#78 Nov 16, 2013
jerkoff wrote:
<quoted text>
and as you were already told several times, it is up to the county to prove their interests outweigh the village, not the other way around.
and as you were already told several times, it is up to the village to prove their interests outweigh the counties, it goes both ways.

What is the village claiming their interest is??? Taxes???

Tell me what offers the county made to the village prior to the lawsuit. You act as though you were in the room. Tell us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cindy at vhs 2 hr Education proponent 38
Ally Carpenter 3 hr bitchslaper 6
News Richfield Springs Man Arrested For Multiple Cha... (Nov '10) 7 hr concerned citizen 48
Jamo's Restaurant & Bar grand opening! 10 hr Rude Angry and Ar... 83
herkimer Wal-Mart 13 hr Wow 13
skanks in herk Thu barffff 9
Village Election Thu really 5

Fire Weather Watch for Herkimer County was issued at April 17 at 3:21PM EDT

More from around the web

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]