41 - 60 of 78 Comments Last updated Nov 16, 2013
wow

Herkimer, NY

#41 Nov 6, 2013
ok now
poppa chox

Pittsfield, MA

#42 Nov 6, 2013
ok >>>>>>> >>>>>> the government exists to serve the people, PEOPLE DO NOT EXIST TO SERVE THE GOVERNMENT
poppa chox

Pittsfield, MA

#43 Nov 6, 2013
even the stupidist farmer will not poison his own well
Hello There

Herkimer, NY

#44 Nov 6, 2013
poppa chox wrote:
how many cells coukld the QUACKENBUSH site support?? but hell its too dirty for CRIMINALS TO be kept in?? for what 10,000 years ENCON?? its NOT RADIOACTIVE and if ENCON did its job.....in the cleanup?? WHATS THAT ?? the government DOING ITS JOB?/ has hell frozen over??? just SCREW THE TAXPAYER
Hey Poppa. You seem to be interested in environmental issues. Check out the Facebook page," The Ilion Project," It discusses cancer clusters in Ilion in places like the Quackenbush site. Or if you're not on FB try to google it. You may find it interesting. Bye for now Poppa.
poppa chox

Pittsfield, MA

#45 Nov 6, 2013
i understand your concern with enviormental situations if you are younger than i am..i started burying my fellow co-workers in the 1980's and its always been a question of WHY NOT ME yet?? most of the carcinogens i worked with at GE in the 70's have long since been outlawed yet for some strange reason i still live and breath (AND BITCH a lot) you younger folks have much more to worry about from the sun than my generation had to..keep healthy and BE SAFE..thanks..
poppa chox

Pittsfield, MA

#46 Nov 6, 2013
what i have seen and worked around in the valley since the 1970s is scary, starting at places like PARTLOW in new hartford where the attitude was" BE A MAN-are you afraid to take a little mercury?/" the drain off went into the riels creek than ran under the building, then at PAR microststems up the road on 5 the wavesolder machine for circuit board manufacture had a short girl who routinely dumped the flux overage into a drain hole in the floor..also into riels creek..DONT EVER DRINK utica club beer?? the list goes on and on,,if you knew how much is just buried here in herkimer on harter street you would move..HI GENE,,i am just one of those who for some reason is not affected MUCH my what would kill a normal person,,yet cant be near fabric softener or perfume?? my dad died when i was 6 because he worked with BABBITT metal to fix the cars of the people here he was in his 40s..i guess when your number comes up you get the parachute..

I HOPE SOMEBODY TAKES UP THE CROSS AND STOPS THE FLUFF AND PUTS UP A DEFENSE AGAINST the MAN and his crap..if the internet only existed 40 years ago MAYBE i would have marched across the canadian line to protest..you get one GO-round..there is NO REVERSE in life..
poppa chox

Pittsfield, MA

#47 Nov 6, 2013
when i lived in north carolina there is a company STANADYNE a manufacturer of diesel injectors and pumps WORLDWIDE..it is NORMAL for people to get OIL RASH skin contact dermatitis from the fluid used in the process..well it also warped the contact lens i have in my eye so i am going blind which is part of my disability.double vision and extreme sensitivity to light (AND THE PAIN) are FUN..which is why i am hammered a lot..the va doesnt give two shits.yea you will see me hated and mocked here on topix..i just hope your worst day is better than my best...thanks
Hello There

Herkimer, NY

#48 Nov 6, 2013
poppa chox wrote:
when i lived in north carolina there is a company STANADYNE a manufacturer of diesel injectors and pumps WORLDWIDE..it is NORMAL for people to get OIL RASH skin contact dermatitis from the fluid used in the process..well it also warped the contact lens i have in my eye so i am going blind which is part of my disability.double vision and extreme sensitivity to light (AND THE PAIN) are FUN..which is why i am hammered a lot..the va doesnt give two shits.yea you will see me hated and mocked here on topix..i just hope your worst day is better than my best...thanks
You should seek out help from a Disability Rights Advocate. There is one in Herkimer at RCIL on east German street It stands for Resource Center for Independent Living. They have a website, or they are in the phone book. It is a free service. You need an advocate to help you with the VA or anyone else that tries to mess with you. I speak from experience. I am not a kid. I'm in my 50s. Don't worry, I'm NOT gay!! LOL Just trying to give you a helping hand.
poppa chox

Canandaigua, NY

#49 Nov 6, 2013
thanks for the advice but i was quickly granted disabilaty in 2005 against my wishes..the last thinga working man wants ti hear is that ""you will never work again"

its the five years when they declary you till you are expected to be deceased,,and i am pushing the envelope now
i made the misstep of being a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN in 1992 and opening my mouth to a devout jew rhineheart on sunset ave in utica.. we ha words? and i found out two years latd? he threatened to censure any doctor who treated mer.. I AM A MALINGER""
quote..
so va didnt do squat till 2002 when he ?? like i said THANKS,,but i cant go back.. life stinks and then you do the final crap i guess,,

PLEASE help others>>
dont putthe time on me..OTHERS ARE MUCH MORE NEEDING of the GOOD you can do .. HELL most on topix wouold just kick me to the curb..thanka again..be safe LIVE LONG and prosper..N OT JUST A 2001 space oddesy VERBAGE..i DO give a damn..

thanks..
back to it

New York, NY

#50 Nov 7, 2013
First of all the existing jail is not all that old is it???? If it's falling apart then those that designed, built and oversaw this project should be ashamed and accountable. Most functioning structures in Herkimer are much older than the jail and are still in use. Second is that the jail has been located in downtown Herkimer since the 1800's. What the big problem with having it in the village now? Third is that we have abundant of vacant or available commercial sites in Herkimer. What's wrong with Guilford Mills or Grossman's? Don't let the jail leave this village. Keep the flow of money here. We need it.
change

Utica, NY

#51 Nov 7, 2013
What flow of money? please explain
help me

Herkimer, NY

#52 Nov 9, 2013
change wrote:
What flow of money? please explain
Many people drive in and out of The Village of Herkimer every Monday through Friday from all points in this County because we are the county seat. Business is transacted here. These people transacting business stop and buy goods and services. Employees of the jail stop and buy goods and services. A new jail would hopefully keep business local and support other local business and buy goods and services here. The money flows throughout the village. Win Win. The way our Main St. has declined I don't think we can afford to lose any flow of money. The signature of a village is it's main St. what message our we sending??? Who would want to mover here??? We have to find a way to bring in more money. Herkimer needs a firecracker shoved up its ass. With the new Nanno site coming in Marcy we should clean up our act and try to attract some new people to live here and commute and work in Marcy. I'm sick of looking at Main St. If other communities can revive their main streets why can't we? What is holding us back? We need progressive thinkers and people of action. Please just buils the damn jail. Quackenbush, Guilford Mills, Grossman's take your pick of many.
So Right

Herkimer, NY

#53 Nov 9, 2013
help me wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people drive in and out of The Village of Herkimer every Monday through Friday from all points in this County because we are the county seat. Business is transacted here. These people transacting business stop and buy goods and services. Employees of the jail stop and buy goods and services. A new jail would hopefully keep business local and support other local business and buy goods and services here. The money flows throughout the village. Win Win. The way our Main St. has declined I don't think we can afford to lose any flow of money. The signature of a village is it's main St. what message our we sending??? Who would want to mover here??? We have to find a way to bring in more money. Herkimer needs a firecracker shoved up its ass. With the new Nanno site coming in Marcy we should clean up our act and try to attract some new people to live here and commute and work in Marcy. I'm sick of looking at Main St. If other communities can revive their main streets why can't we? What is holding us back? We need progressive thinkers and people of action. Please just buils the damn jail. Quackenbush, Guilford Mills, Grossman's take your pick of many.
Several years ago I believe certain landlords/business owners received grants to improve building facades on main street. I know some painting etc; was done. I think it was a HUD grant. Does anyone remember? Of course downtown needs more than just help with Facades. I'm so sick of it all!!
Pete

Herkimer, NY

#54 Nov 9, 2013
poppa chox wrote:
thanks for the advice but i was quickly granted disabilaty in 2005 against my wishes..the last thinga working man wants ti hear is that ""you will never work again"
its the five years when they declary you till you are expected to be deceased,,and i am pushing the envelope now
i made the misstep of being a BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN in 1992 and opening my mouth to a devout jew rhineheart on sunset ave in utica.. we ha words? and i found out two years latd? he threatened to censure any doctor who treated mer.. I AM A MALINGER""
quote..
so va didnt do squat till 2002 when he ?? like i said THANKS,,but i cant go back.. life stinks and then you do the final crap i guess,,
PLEASE help others>>
dont putthe time on me..OTHERS ARE MUCH MORE NEEDING of the GOOD you can do .. HELL most on topix wouold just kick me to the curb..thanka again..be safe LIVE LONG and prosper..N OT JUST A 2001 space oddesy VERBAGE..i DO give a damn..
thanks..
No Poppa, you deserve help as much as the next person!! There are still good people left in this world. I myself am extremely cynical, angry,and distrusting. BUT,I have met many good people on my life's path. PLEASE don't give up. I think as we go through life, some really bad sheet can go down, but fight the good fight my friend. I am very familiar with the term malingering, I have a degree in psych. I do not believe, from what you have shared, that that is the case with you. I'm thinking possible PTSD.{Don't get too pissed off at me, LOL} Please reconsider contacting RCIL in the future. Goodbye to you now. God Bless and don't give up!!
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#55 Nov 12, 2013
help me wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no flow of money to the Village as a result of the jail. None. If you think a jail is the answer to your commerce problems, then you need to rethink economics...

Quackenbush, Guilford Mills and Grossman's are not viable sites nor available for this type of construction.
sure mike

Stephentown, NY

#56 Nov 12, 2013
A jail will save the county money. It will also make the village and immediate area/county some cash.

Unless you believe people transporting, the lawyers and visitors won't buy gas or food.
2 pretend is ur only hope

Stephentown, NY

#57 Nov 13, 2013
pretend to be smart wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no flow of money to the Village as a result of the jail. None.
What a dk.
pretend to be smart

Utica, NY

#58 Nov 13, 2013
sure mike wrote:
Unless you believe people transporting, the lawyers and visitors won't buy gas or food.
None of which is impacted by the location of the jail.

See, here is what you still don't comprehend. It is a county jail, housing almost exclusively LOCAL inmates. All of the employees of the jail are already local. All of the attorneys who see clients there are already local. All of the people that would go visit inmates are already local. There is nothing to be gained nor lost by keeping the jail inside the Village or not. Whether the jail is there or not, all of those local people are still going to buy gas and food locally anyway.
keep pretending

Ilion, NY

#59 Nov 14, 2013
I'm guessing your mom and dad are brother and sister.
Or was it glue sniffing???
Mayberry Otis

Poland, NY

#60 Nov 14, 2013
If anyone thinks for one minute that any politician wants this strictly because it is better for the people of Herk. Cty. they are fooling themselves. It will be yet another burden on the middle-class and the back-door slippery deals between the moneymen will never be known.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hmmmmmmm Bonos wedding post deleted 3 hr Lilylace 21
Jocelyn and Francis 14 hr LF Mom 1
Planet Fitness (Nov '08) 18 hr hope its true 16
just wondering Fri what the heck 3
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk Fri puma 48
Valley health Schrader & Watson Fri Debbie 182
WHAT'S will all the POLICE PRESENCE on GERMAN S... Fri Tommy smithy 5
•••
•••
•••