backwards you

Herkimer, NY

#43 Jan 2, 2014
Dems were in charge when Walmart got it's OK. Dems are always in charge when big business is allowed to do what it wants because they know the Dem politicians are always more than willing to sell the citizens down the river for a little greasing of their palms.
Fat Demagogue Mikey Moore wrote:
you repubs love a hands-off approach to government. that's the reason that Wall-mart was able to bully and buy their way into Herkimer. 10 years tax breaks , treating their employees like krap etc. Main Street Herkimer will never recapture it's old nostalgic look it had "back in the day" I don't care who is Mayor Gimme a cheeseburger and a motorized Wall-Martt shoppin'cart, life is great!
<quoted text>
Concerned person

Herkimer, NY

#44 Jan 2, 2014
Get rid of all the scums that rent on main st first.like Ann and John .ant the of tham that sit there .
turlsBomber4life

Sistersville, WV

#45 Jan 2, 2014
lol at herkimer

Since: Dec 13

littlefalls

#46 Jan 2, 2014
Get rid of the ratpublicans and their devil worshiping followers.
Moron Hater

Herkimer, NY

#47 Jan 16, 2014
and......YOU are a certainly are a big one.
freered wrote:
Get rid of the ratpublicans and their devil worshiping followers.
unsafe

Herkimer, NY

#48 Jan 17, 2014
I had to bring my kid into one of the establishments on main st. last week for a class. Unsafe, period. Thinking about not allowing my kid to go anymore unless the place moves. Violence can happen anywhere I realize. And i know some people will say I'm a wimpy parent for considering that (not that I care). But when you are walking with a 6 year old kid into a building and there are people two feet away screaming up and down the street "get out of my f'in life" and "I'm gonna beat your ass" it does not make you feel good. Pretty sure i saw a drug deal go down too a few weeks ago. I called police station afterward & all they said was they are patrolling. There are uncontrolled animals for people down there. Cops driving by not doing a damn thing, elected officials who don't care. I am petrified of someone open firing (again). I remember when it was a nice town to live in. It is a scum hole now w/worst schools & horrible leadership. No leadership actually.
concerned

Ilion, NY

#49 Jan 17, 2014
Herkimer is ranked the 5th most dangerous town in New York state and that is just one of its many problems!
Wondering

Camden, NY

#50 Jan 17, 2014
Moron Hater wrote:
and......YOU are a certainly are a big one.
<quoted text>
'...are a certainly are a....'

Huh?

littlefalls

#51 Jan 17, 2014
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
'...are a certainly are a....'
Huh?
The bipolor idiot works in the court system, butt kissing pays.
Valley Hoe

Ilion, NY

#52 Jan 18, 2014
The problem with Herkimer. That's easy. To many arrogant fakes, phonies and people who believe they are better than others. Oh it's the whole county.

littlefalls

#53 Jan 19, 2014
Valley Hoe wrote:
The problem with Herkimer. That's easy. To many arrogant fakes, phonies and people who believe they are better than others. Oh it's the whole county.
All are down tonys and summer time on 28, the rubber dump.
Bob

Wethersfield, CT

#54 Jan 19, 2014
Welfar runs herk
no wonder

Little Falls, NY

#56 Mar 8, 2014
Yo Yo Ma wrote:
Herkimer's problems, and every other dilapidated 'Main Street' across the USA might have been that way before Obama, but guaranteed these towns with these problems have had democrats running them for quite some time. This is what happens, think 'Detroit'. The dem politicians just want power and an 'in' to bribery, nepotism and corruption. The towns suffer but the politicians all do very well. So maybe Herk's Main street problems can't be blamed on Obama, but it can be blamed on people with the same mind set as him. You all sit here on Topix whining about the situation but you probably all voted for Obama and will probably vote for Hillary when the time comes. More of the same so I guess you don't really want a fix, you just want to whine.
<quoted text>
I find it funny how people with multiple post on topix always say other's are whining. What do you call what you're doing? Stop pointing fingers and complaining.
CleanUp

Cooperstown, NY

#57 Mar 8, 2014
The only good thing this cold weather does is keeps all the rats and dead beat loosers from sitting and laying around on the sidewalks and benches smoking cigarettes on main street.
Things they get with our money while we are hard at work at our jobs:
EBT food cell phones electric paid
EBTcash rent paid medical bills paid
internet Heat paid
Things they get with any little bit of money they may gain:
cigarettes weed cell phones tatoos
beer crack flat screen tv earrings
liquor Meth gold chains scratch offs
tax payer

Cortland, NY

#58 Mar 24, 2014
stop the name calling and pointing fingers and go to the board meetings. some of these suggestions are good ones, but unfortunatey there are laws or no set laws on some of these issues. elections are coming up, so listen, suggest and vote! Time to take back village...
Anonymous

Cold Brook, NY

#59 Mar 25, 2014
CleanUp wrote:
The only good thing this cold weather does is keeps all the rats and dead beat loosers from sitting and laying around on the sidewalks and benches smoking cigarettes on main street.
Things they get with our money while we are hard at work at our jobs:
EBT food cell phones electric paid
EBTcash rent paid medical bills paid
internet Heat paid
Things they get with any little bit of money they may gain:
cigarettes weed cell phones tatoos
beer crack flat screen tv earrings
liquor Meth gold chains scratch offs
get me some gifts
Real problem

Utica, NY

#60 Mar 25, 2014
Is the ignorant people that post on this site that think their voice is being heard.
Hmmm

Glenmont, NY

#61 Apr 4, 2014
Main Street hasn't been a "main" street in decades. Unlike Saratoga's main shopping street, it's not a thoroughfare that brings people into town. Since the railroad moved out and Route 5 took its place, Herkimer's main shopping street has been Route 5, which makes sense. No amount of business incentive money is going to change that. Slum landlords (and we know who they are) are content to rent out those firetrap apartments to anybody who will live in them. They have no pride in the town, and no interest in maintaining their properties. The more the properties decline, the fewer decent people will consider living there. I wouldn't live in the hovels they call apartments, and I certainly wouldn't shop in that area, except at Collis Hardware.

I give those few legitimate businesses a lot of credit for toughing it out since Walmart moved in and took over the village. You're not going to revive the shopping situation on Main St., but at least we should be able to get the housing (and the tenants) respectable.

The other day I didn't feel safe walking from the parking lot on Prospect into the library. On a weekday morning, all these obviously able-bodied adults should have responsibilities somewhere, but they hang out in the park and on the sidewalks bombarding other people with profanity and rudeness. If they have all that free time to hog the benches, maybe they should be doing a little community service in exchange for their monthly checks.

Their FIRST community service should be to stop polluting the air with the F bomb at the top of their lungs. It's not punctuation. It's just plain rude and obnoxious.

If we had a strong police presence, it MIGHT convince the dregs of humanity to take their drug dealing elsewhere...and not to the handicapped fishing area and surrounding land, either. I was down there for lunch one day and witnessed one of our local "lovelies" drop her pants to take a piss by the picnic tables. She knew there were people around. She didn't care.

Herkimer is a sewer. I refuse to shop at Walmart, and I spend as little time as I have to in town. It creeps me out.
hmm

Utica, NY

#62 Apr 5, 2014
freered wrote:
<quoted text>The bipolor idiot works in the court system, butt kissing pays.
Be more specific, every one of them kissed an ass to get their job. Think they're better than every else. Bunch of disfunctionial losers.
gooch

Ilion, NY

#63 Apr 5, 2014
Hmmm wrote:
Main Street hasn't been a "main" street in decades. Unlike Saratoga's main shopping street, it's not a thoroughfare that brings people into town. No amount of business incentive money is going to change that.

Slum landlords (and we know who they are) are content to rent out those firetrap apartments to anybody who will live in them. They have no pride in the town, and no interest in maintaining their properties. The more the properties decline, the fewer decent people will consider living there. I wouldn't live in the hovels they call apartments, and I certainly wouldn't shop in that area, except at Collis Hardware.

The other day I didn't feel safe walking from the parking lot on Prospect into the library. On a weekday morning, all these obviously able-bodied adults should have responsibilities somewhere, but they hang out in the park and on the sidewalks bombarding other people with profanity and rudeness. If they have all that free time to hog the benches, maybe they should be doing a little community service in exchange for their monthly checks.

Their FIRST community service should be to stop polluting the air with the F bomb at the top of their lungs. It's not punctuation. It's just plain rude and obnoxious.
Main Street sounds like a great location to open a new burrito joint!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike at Walmart 40 min Magician 31
Obesity 3 hr mean 12
ReneeG 4 hr Girl2Girl 4
Stuff the Bus campaign kicks off Friday evening 5 hr Have a heart 8
List all Herk Fire dept SALARIES NOW>>> 6 hr kattie niples is ... 8
Employers beware 14 hr My business 1
brennan the judge 16 hr lfguy 84
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match

Herkimer People Search