racheal

Ashburn, VA

#22 Sep 7, 2013
People thatcomplains about main street should make easy for business come in like the jail ask these people where's the money for it yahoo should help main instead condemn it
Dumb Dumb

Syracuse, NY

#23 Sep 7, 2013
racheal wrote:
People thatcomplains about main street should make easy for business come in like the jail ask these people where's the money for it yahoo should help main instead condemn it
Why don't you take the marbles out of your mouth and type when you're not drunk you SSI moocher.
Idea

Syracuse, NY

#24 Sep 7, 2013
Another Damn Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
On the parking meters, I had posed the same question. A business owner on the street gave me this answer: If the village did not have parking meters on main st. The street would be flooded with residents cars from the above apartments. Seemed to make sense??
cops need to move traffice instead of wasting gas money driving around all day. Cut down on the vehicles and station a cop on main to write tickets for their shift.

If the parking meters were filled all day long, then how much does that actually make? Even if a meter made 5 bucks a day then multiply it for all the meters and then 365 days to see what is the max to make.

I would then figure out another way Herkimer could make that money by raising the money in a short period of time. Then remove all the meters and make the street look better instead of old meters.

Remove all the board members with smart people who can run it properly.
racheal

Ashburn, VA

#25 Sep 7, 2013
Dumb Dumb wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you take the marbles out of your mouth and type when you're not drunk you SSI moocher.
hey idiot I work at empire fiberglass where you work4
Yo Yo Ma

Herkimer, NY

#26 Sep 7, 2013
Herkimer's problems, and every other dilapidated 'Main Street' across the USA might have been that way before Obama, but guaranteed these towns with these problems have had democrats running them for quite some time. This is what happens, think 'Detroit'. The dem politicians just want power and an 'in' to bribery, nepotism and corruption. The towns suffer but the politicians all do very well. So maybe Herk's Main street problems can't be blamed on Obama, but it can be blamed on people with the same mind set as him. You all sit here on Topix whining about the situation but you probably all voted for Obama and will probably vote for Hillary when the time comes. More of the same so I guess you don't really want a fix, you just want to whine.
csi herkimer wrote:
herkimers problem started long before president Obama took office. its has been in decline for about 15 to 20 years. the problem is easy pickens. look around what do you see more of today then years ago? not enough people paying taxes, soc. ser. to easy to get. everything is tax free. we seen our school go from graduating in the hundreds to 70s. it maybe to late for small town usa to make it in ny. the problem just isn't main st. its almost village wide. I don't know how you fix the problem. our children keep begging us to get out. sell all, and get out of there. only god knows how long it would take me to sell. overall taxes are a killer. and they are all going up. look at the factories we have lost in my life time here. we replaced them with wally world.i been here my whole life,almost ready to pack up, add my home to the 33 other places for sale in the town and village. there are still a lot of hard working people here,i don't know how long that will last.
Yo Yo Ma

Herkimer, NY

#27 Sep 7, 2013
"NO LOITERING" laws and signs with the police enforcing it would be a good start
www herkimernow org wrote:
<quoted text>
oh stop being silly Bob, you know that's not permissible under our federal, state and local laws. you can't just shoo people off a public street unless extraordinary circumstances prevail like an emergency......
Prince of the City

New York, NY

#29 Sep 7, 2013
What's wrong with Herkimer? What is right in Herkimer?
Outside looking in

Herkimer, NY

#30 Sep 7, 2013
I don't live in Herkimer ,but I do shop there. I don't understand why something can't be done with the loitering on Main St. I mean people in their pajamas , guys with no shirts. It's really scary to go on main st. I've always liked to go to Brian's for lunch but I'm afraid to park my car there . As for the parking meters I dare say the profit is more in the fines you get for parking tickets than the 25 cents for an hour( or whatever it is now). It's been a couple yrs since I've parked on Main Street . I don't see this problem in any of the other neighboring villages. Even in Little Falls a lot of the retired gentlemen enjoy watching the construction of the new Price Chopper, at least they dress appropriately .
Knowitall

Syracuse, NY

#31 Sep 7, 2013
All you f$ucktard know it alls should open a law book and find the definition of Loitering. You'll see that it's not defined as just standing around on a sidewalk. The cops enforce the laws that are written, they don't write them.
Outside looking in

Herkimer, NY

#32 Sep 7, 2013
Knowitall wrote:
All you f$ucktard know it alls should open a law book and find the definition of Loitering. You'll see that it's not defined as just standing around on a sidewalk. The cops enforce the laws that are written, they don't write them.
. I understand what you are saying , I was thinking that maybe if there was more of a police presence it might discourage some of these people. Probably they are so accustom to hanging out they are not intimidated by the police at all
Outside looking in

Herkimer, NY

#33 Sep 7, 2013
It's like a rat infestation, all creepy
Clean up main st

Utica, NY

#34 Sep 7, 2013
Main st can be fixed. First put the police on foot in the area and keep the police presence 24/7. This will deter crime and make the bums nervous. Second get the business leaders together. Also elect people at all levels that will seek answers to the problems and not just take care of them selfs. There in no excuse for the condition that Herkimer county is in
first amendment

Little Falls, NY

#35 Sep 7, 2013
Clean up main st wrote:
Main st can be fixed. First put the police on foot in the area and keep the police presence 24/7. This will deter crime and make the bums nervous. Second get the business leaders together. Also elect people at all levels that will seek answers to the problems and not just take care of them selfs. There in no excuse for the condition that Herkimer county is in
how is brandisi going to walk main street he can barely walk from the parking lot. go volunteer on fire dept save millions
whats wrong

New York, NY

#36 Sep 8, 2013
fk, it's a laundry list.
correctomundo

Herkimer, NY

#37 Sep 8, 2013
judging from the judges you got on your post you are totally correct. these idiots refuse to see it's their blind loyalty to the democratic party that's ruining this town, every town, and our whole country. yes they'll vote for Killery if by 2016 we're not a complete dictatorship and we're still allowed to vote
Yo Yo Ma wrote:
Herkimer's problems, and every other dilapidated 'Main Street' across the USA might have been that way before Obama, but guaranteed these towns with these problems have had democrats running them for quite some time. This is what happens, think 'Detroit'. The dem politicians just want power and an 'in' to bribery, nepotism and corruption. The towns suffer but the politicians all do very well. So maybe Herk's Main street problems can't be blamed on Obama, but it can be blamed on people with the same mind set as him. You all sit here on Topix whining about the situation but you probably all voted for Obama and will probably vote for Hillary when the time comes. More of the same so I guess you don't really want a fix, you just want to whine.
<quoted text>
Codes

Herkimer, NY

#38 Sep 8, 2013
The codes enforcer, Kuenhle, is a surly incompetent waste of space. Even when it was reported to him that apartments are being rented out with no smoke or CO2 detectors, he didn't care, and he was very dismissive. He stated,"What do you expect me to do,inspect the whole building?" He is on the HFD!! He is a disgrace to the uniform and to the village of Herkimer. If anything happens in that building,ie; fire, CO2 exposure, or God forbid a death, I will be making a statement to the media. He was rude and obnoxious to me on the phone.
0kay

Little Falls, NY

#39 Sep 8, 2013
bring it to the board and our howdy do nothing mayor. see what pickle puss kate and fat albert brandisi say about it
Funny

Syracuse, NY

#40 Sep 8, 2013
I see so much disrespect from these so-called "adults" posting here and no real solutions! I can tell you that it truly is unfortunate that you sit behind a keyboard and bad mouth ONE MAN, Tomy Brindisi, and feel he is at the root of the problems? Really? Why don't all of you go have a one on one conversation with him. He will gladly explain what he is attempting to do with an already dilapidated village! He will also inform all of you that the parking meters are useful for 2 reasons. 1. Is the $60,000 plus revenue and 2. Is the fact that the trash the building owners move into their "luxury" apartment (obvious sarcasm in case you didn't get it) on Main St can't park their Beemers and Porshe's LOL on the streets. Get a clue people, get out and help the situation. I know it's so much easier to complain and put others down though so carry on minions!
Where is the crime

Brighton, MA

#41 Sep 9, 2013
Clean up main st wrote:
Like the Chief said in the board meeting, the hotdog lady has been selling hotdogs on main st for years and she's not scared. Why should anyone else be scared? You act like the crime on Main St is up or even something to take note of. I've got news for you, it's not. People think that because these people that live on main st don't look or act like they would like that it should be illegal or called loitering. Grow up, and stop the nonsense. Main st is the way it is because of Walmart pushing out all the stores that previously occupied them. The buildings were sold to landlords that don't put a dime of the social services rent money they get back into them and they continue to fall apart. Codes is clearly not keeping up, or doing anything at all. The college apartments are more of a problem on main st than the other ones. They draw these punks that don't have any respect for themselves or anyone else and trash the street. The people that sit on the sidewalk all day at least pick up after themselves. It's a downward spiral with no easy fix.
Fat Demagogue Mikey Moore

Poland, NY

#42 Sep 9, 2013
you repubs love a hands-off approach to government. that's the reason that Wall-mart was able to bully and buy their way into Herkimer. 10 years tax breaks , treating their employees like krap etc. Main Street Herkimer will never recapture it's old nostalgic look it had "back in the day" I don't care who is Mayor Gimme a cheeseburger and a motorized Wall-Martt shoppin'cart, life is great!
Yo Yo Ma wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 1 hr LOVER 80
ilsam the religion of peace 1 hr close our borders 7
Judge Brennon not fit to sit bench 1 hr I hear banjos 17
Danny Bo Jive Boyle 3 hr bo jive saves 6
Tony Brendisi and the Village Board 7 hr sniffing glue 42
Valley health Schrader & Watson 7 hr amen 232
Really - Really - Come On John Brennan (Jun '10) 17 hr Woooooo 49
The NEW JAIL & Freddy Wiesser Where did you go? 21 hr freddy the puss 10
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match