Disgusting Crazy Otto Empire Diner

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
review

New York, NY

#1 Mar 25, 2012
What a mistake it was to choose this place for the first time. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the high prices for breakfast. But I thought, well if it's good and significant portions, okay. Sure you get a huge portion but it's cheap crap. I should've known when I noticed the generic brand sugars on the table. "Indulge" instead of Equal, and other no-name brands. If they scrimp on that, they scrimp on the indredients in the meals and they did. The omelettes came and the tomatoes were those big barely red cheap tomatoes instead of ones off the vine, canned mushrooms, disgusting frozen hashbrowns, not fresh anything. So we felt we wasted LOTS of money for processed crap. I like to eat fresh foods when I go out and this was not the case. Canned and frozen everything. And oh my gosh, way overpriced! Please save your money.
foolish

Poland, NY

#2 Mar 25, 2012
how many restaurants these days do you think REALLY use fresh everything?...
you can't be THAT dumb.
everything is processed.its how they make the food last longer.
not me boy

New York, NY

#3 Mar 25, 2012
it is a pricey place to eat. i don't eat there anymore because of that. my wife and i would drop about 30 bucks there and over in illion is better food for half that.
Columbo

New York, NY

#4 Mar 25, 2012
I had a bacon cheese burger there last week...absolutely horrible quality...I go there about twice a year, hoping it will be better than the last visit...but it never is...which is a shame...I like the "feel" of the place and the decor...but the sky high prices for such crappy food, is just ridiculous
what

New York, NY

#5 Mar 25, 2012
foolish wrote:
how many restaurants these days do you think REALLY use fresh everything?...
you can't be THAT dumb.
everything is processed.its how they make the food last longer.
Well maybe Cold Brook people settle for processed food and think that's common but intelligent people eat properly and yes, eat fresh food. Plenty of places serve fresh food these days. Get a life and get out more. Discover quality restaurants and improve your health at the same time.
unfortunately

New York, NY

#6 Mar 25, 2012
Columbo wrote:
I had a bacon cheese burger there last week...absolutely horrible quality...I go there about twice a year, hoping it will be better than the last visit...but it never is...which is a shame...I like the "feel" of the place and the decor...but the sky high prices for such crappy food, is just ridiculous
same here. we got back every now and again, thinking it can't be at bad as last time.

but it's just like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown.

He thinks that maybe just this once, she won't pull the football away when he goes to kick it. but she always does, and Charlie ends up flat on his back.

i feel like Charlie Brown every time I leave the Empire Diner
Marie

New York, NY

#7 Aug 12, 2012
If you think Crazy Otto's is disgusting? Go to Ponderosa..Yuck!!
Just saying

New York, NY

#8 Aug 12, 2012
I had been thinking about going there sometime...but maybe I will just go to Dave's or Donna's.
phillys

Ilion, NY

#9 Aug 13, 2012
it's too bad Philly's (the former Chets) closed. That was a great place along with Donna's Diner.

How is Liz's Country Kitchen down on North Main?
Don

New York, NY

#10 Aug 13, 2012
Phylly's closed. That sucks, they had pretty good breakfast and were nice.
havent gone in a while

New York, NY

#11 Aug 13, 2012
What are the waitresses names at ottos'?
HAPPY HAPPY

New York, NY

#12 Aug 15, 2012
review wrote:
What a mistake it was to choose this place for the first time. My eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the high prices for breakfast. But I thought, well if it's good and significant portions, okay. Sure you get a huge portion but it's cheap crap. I should've known when I noticed the generic brand sugars on the table. "Indulge" instead of Equal, and other no-name brands. If they scrimp on that, they scrimp on the indredients in the meals and they did. The omelettes came and the tomatoes were those big barely red cheap tomatoes instead of ones off the vine, canned mushrooms, disgusting frozen hashbrowns, not fresh anything. So we felt we wasted LOTS of money for processed crap. I like to eat fresh foods when I go out and this was not the case. Canned and frozen everything. And oh my gosh, way overpriced! Please save your money.
Just think you are crazy or the owner of another breakfast place. Ottos has good food, good people, and great old time hospitality. If you haven't been go there and see. Do not judge it by this moron, I go there at least once a week I wish it was more it is that good yum I want an omlete now.....
Bad food

Herkimer, NY

#13 Aug 15, 2012
I've been there twice and the food was bad both times...last time they served me burned pancakes. First of all, what sort of diner can't cook pancakes right? And second, why would you serve someone obviously burned pancakes?? It takes 30 second to cook another one. Also there's flies everywhere. I hate to say it but Denny's is better.
Oh Really

Tully, NY

#14 Aug 15, 2012
phillys wrote:
it's too bad Philly's (the former Chets) closed. That was a great place along with Donna's Diner.
How is Liz's Country Kitchen down on North Main?
Liz's is closed as well. I was down on S. Main Street today and noticed white paper up on the windows.
HAPPY HAPPY

New York, NY

#15 Aug 15, 2012
Bad food wrote:
I've been there twice and the food was bad both times...last time they served me burned pancakes. First of all, what sort of diner can't cook pancakes right? And second, why would you serve someone obviously burned pancakes?? It takes 30 second to cook another one. Also there's flies everywhere. I hate to say it but Denny's is better.
Let me repeat again you are either just plain crazy or the owner of another breakfast place. Move on to a new topic and drum up business somewhere else loser! Can't take the competition! LOLLOLROFL Otto's is yummy yummy I am going over for breakfast in the morning yum yum!!
meathead

Little Falls, NY

#16 Aug 15, 2012
I tried it twice too and yes it sucked. No pic of what you order in menu and expensive for crappy cooked food.
joe

Rye, NY

#17 Aug 15, 2012
HAPPY HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>Just think you are crazy or the owner of another breakfast place. Ottos has good food, good people, and great old time hospitality. If you haven't been go there and see. Do not judge it by this moron, I go there at least once a week I wish it was more it is that good yum I want an omlete now.....
went to otto's for breakfast recently and was pleasantly surprised that it was good food. I will go there again
Bad food

Herkimer, NY

#18 Aug 16, 2012
HAPPY HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me repeat again you are either just plain crazy or the owner of another breakfast place. Move on to a new topic and drum up business somewhere else loser! Can't take the competition! LOLLOLROFL Otto's is yummy yummy I am going over for breakfast in the morning yum yum!!
Um as has been established in this thread there is no other breakfast place open around here. Just reporting the bad food I got at Ottos. I keep thinking it will be good because it seems fairly popular but every time I go the food is bad. I gave them two chances but I'm not going to keep getting fooled over and over again.
macho camacho

Ilion, NY

#19 Aug 16, 2012
Bad food wrote:
<quoted text>
Um as has been established in this thread there is no other breakfast place open around here. Just reporting the bad food I got at Ottos. I keep thinking it will be good because it seems fairly popular but every time I go the food is bad. I gave them two chances but I'm not going to keep getting fooled over and over again.
what do you mean, there's no other breakfast place around here?

maybe "here" to you means living on the Main St without a vehicle

anyone with a vehicle or who would like a walk or take a bike ride should try the Family Fun Center in Mohawk -- the big purple house on East Main St.

awesome breakfast! great lunch and dinner too

and of course Donna's is excellent too
Settle Down

Tully, NY

#20 Aug 16, 2012
I second the suggestion of Donna's for breakfast!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike at Walmart 2 hr Mikes a liar 24
Valley health Schrader & Watson 3 hr sad 233
Danny Bo Jive Boyle 3 hr uncle cracker 9
Robert Miller 16 hr Future 11
Lets face it if there was no sex there wouldnt ... Fri dale 2
Tony Brendisi and the Village Board Fri mee again 44
ilsam the religion of peace Fri God bless America 8
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match

Herkimer Jobs

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Herkimer News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Herkimer

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]