Sherry

AOL

#21 Aug 31, 2008
I remember the Top Hat..where was the Wagon Wheel? Not familiar with Bobo's?
another voice

United States

#22 Aug 31, 2008
Bellinger Ave @ Bellinger St.......kiddie corner St Francis
Cindy wrote:
Where was Kirkpatrick's corner store?
another voice

United States

#23 Aug 31, 2008
was it the Hyanlo ? used to be a queer bar and Bobo was Bobo salerno a major league Baseball ump
ALTAdog wrote:
How about Top Hat? and what was the place called before they changed it to Bobo's just as you came into Herkimer?
another voice

United States

#24 Aug 31, 2008
yup, was the wonder Bar, back when the bridge was still open to E Herk
Cindy wrote:
I can remember the place..cannot remember if I ever went. What was on the site of EFK plaza before the plaza--does anyone remember? Plus wasn't the former Baby Boomers a bar called the Wonder Bar (or something like that)?
Forget about it

United States

#25 Aug 31, 2008
Studio 30 ?
another voice

United States

#26 Aug 31, 2008
was studio 30 when skinner bought it and knocked it down
Cindy

AOL

#27 Aug 31, 2008
I never heard of or saw any Bobo's or Hyanlo. Can't even picture where that would have been.
another voice

United States

#28 Sep 1, 2008
Where studio 30 used to be
ALTAdog

Woods Cross, UT

#29 Sep 1, 2008
thanks, yes, that was it. i had a friend who used to work there and she made alot of tips.
another voice wrote:
was it the Hyanlo ? used to be a queer bar and Bobo was Bobo salerno a major league Baseball ump<quoted text>
Sherry

AOL

#30 Sep 1, 2008
Completely never heard of it! Wow..I've lived her over 40 years, too. Just can't picture a store near St Francis, too. Was there a store on the corner of S. Washington and Smith St? There is something there now, maybe a laundromat.
Hoofhearted

Syracuse, NY

#31 Sep 1, 2008
How about the great Businesses that have managed to hang on during thick and thin around here. The past is the past we must move forward.It would be nice to see folks stop focusing on Main street. Its Dead.
Sherry

AOL

#32 Sep 1, 2008
Hoofhearted wrote:
How about the great Businesses that have managed to hang on during thick and thin around here. The past is the past we must move forward.It would be nice to see folks stop focusing on Main street. Its Dead.
You know, I've been enjoying this thread and looking forward to see what others were writing on it. There was NO negativity. Remembering past things, nice or not, does NOT represent disrespect of anything that exists now! Lay off.
another voice

United States

#33 Sep 1, 2008
Now sherry, take a chill pill, it was inevitable to hear someone complain on something....lol...
...Kirk's store was where the Optometrist's office is....corner grocery store, candy, soda, etc
Sherry wrote:
Completely never heard of it! Wow..I've lived her over 40 years, too. Just can't picture a store near St Francis, too. Was there a store on the corner of S. Washington and Smith St? There is something there now, maybe a laundromat.
Hoofhearted

Constableville, NY

#34 Sep 1, 2008
I think admitting that Main Street is dead is a positive step in the right direction. Sherry don't get your shorts in a knot. Just making a casual observation just like you.If you want to see more than what is there be my guest, I'll enjoy watching you blather on.
Bob Cat

AOL

#35 Sep 1, 2008
Forever Leather started in Herkimer...I remember when it was in the former Daffy's Discount storefront, where the cellphone store is now.
another voice

United States

#36 Sep 1, 2008
and before that, it was a very good precursor to the present day dollar stores, but that store had class
Bob Cat wrote:
Forever Leather started in Herkimer...I remember when it was in the former Daffy's Discount storefront, where the cellphone store is now.
Dave

AOL

#37 Sep 1, 2008
There were a couple stores that sold music that were located on Main St. Mr C's was one..what was the other?
Phyllis from Virginia

Candler, NC

#38 Sep 1, 2008
ALTAdog wrote:
How about Little Joe's? Best ice cream and pies! Lovier's Dairy?
Thank you for the memories of Lovier's. My grandparents lived right behind the Dairy. What a treat it was to just go out the back gate and have a milk shake or an ice cream cone. The best I have ever had....none can compare.

Those were the days.
Phyllis from Virginia

Candler, NC

#39 Sep 1, 2008
Does anyone remember Manley's Hot Dog Stand? I remember my Dad taking us there in the 1950s on a warm summer night, but cannot remember where it was located.
Bob Cat

AOL

#40 Sep 1, 2008
My dad used to take us to Lovier's for ice cream cones,too. All of us kids rode in the back of his pickup truck--couldn't do that now!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ruggerio's 2 hr drynuts 3
Interesting facts about the Merger vote (Oct '12) 5 hr business as usual 74
Old Pizzeria by High School 7 hr Just A Visitor 1
Mr lnow 9 hr in the know 10
thieves 21 hr candobetter 1
Need a man. Sat Brad 7
Larry Dack comes out of the closet!!!! Fri Duck 6
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web