old timer

Poland, NY

#62 Oct 4, 2011
first amendment- Is " notre damn" where the bad
kids go?
superman

New York, NY

#63 Oct 4, 2011
Notre Damn? Maybe you should go back to school too. Anyway, we are all trying to protect our own views. But "taxpayer" is right. Except for the senior next year thing, who cares, if you vote yes do it because you feel it's in the community's best interest. If you vote no do it because you feel it's in the community's best interest. I know people will put themselves first, but don't vote based on your child being wherever he is going to be in his last year. I firmly believe that a merger is only a mirage. In the end the communities will be worse off. Kids will be bused for 30 to 40 minutes just to go to school. 30 to 40 minutes to get back home. 30 to 40 minutes to each game if they play sports, 30 to 40 minutes to come back from the game. They say your children will have more activities and more opportunities. At what time of day are these new activities or opportunities going to happen. When will they have time for homework. At 8pm when they finally get home? And then wake up at 6am so they can get on the bus at 6:50 so they can get to school on time? Nobody is really thinking here, and the merger committee is using this fact to entice people to vote yes by giving so many golden and glistening empty promises. You want them to have a good education with this new system? When?!? I AM VOTING A FIRM NNNNOOOOO!
piggie pat

New York, NY

#64 Oct 4, 2011
old timer wrote:
first amendment- Is " notre damn" where the bad
kids go?
Try Notre Dame dopey.
piggie pat

New York, NY

#65 Oct 4, 2011
And no he didn't go there. I should know since I went to high school with him, stupidass.
first amendment

United States

#66 Oct 4, 2011
please die, excatley.... where you go to school troll face
piggie pat

New York, NY

#67 Oct 4, 2011
first amendment wrote:
please die, excatley.... where you go to school troll face
Let's see you actually come out from behind that computer and make it happen. The Topix terrorist I do appropriately name you. A scumbag with no job.
ur mother

United States

#68 Oct 4, 2011
piggie pat wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see you actually come out from behind that computer and make it happen. The Topix terrorist I do appropriately name you. A scumbag with no job.
when u call or e-mail me troll face we will make that happen, but ur just another computer tough gal,boring loser gfum
piggie pat

New York, NY

#69 Oct 4, 2011
Yet you never post a real email or phone number that is actually yours. So really, this is a battle of wits and you're the unarmed moron.
unarmed moron

United States

#70 Oct 4, 2011
hey piggie pat i mean first amendment stop harrassing me. we all know u change accounts and diff isp. report abuse has been issued now leave us alone with your threats,troll
piggie pat

New York, NY

#71 Oct 4, 2011
unarmed moron wrote:
hey piggie pat i mean first amendment stop harrassing me. we all know u change accounts and diff isp. report abuse has been issued now leave us alone with your threats,troll
Yet you're the one who has admitted to changind and hiding your IP. Your abuse report must be reporting yourself because this all started with you, crybaby.

In case you missed it, I'm a friend of first amendment. You've been told time and again he doesn't bother with Topix, mostly because of stalkers like you.
first amendment

United States

#72 Oct 4, 2011
lol u funny spineless troll, say hi to ur mother inlaw
piggie pat

New York, NY

#73 Oct 4, 2011
first amendment wrote:
lol u funny spineless troll, say hi to ur mother inlaw
Karma will be knocking at your door. Rest assured.
first amendment

United States

#74 Oct 4, 2011
fack off, u ur mother inlaw and ur karma
what i say

Chicago, IL

#75 Oct 4, 2011
I think until you all get informed and see the report, you should stop making assumptions, you know what they say about assuming! All of the information in the "webiste" is based on nothing factual. You are all thinking with your "small town pride" brains. If you took away all of the Welcom to...... signs and dropped people from a differtent area here, they would see zero differences in these three towns. Theya re all essentially the same. People want to consolidate services for police, fire, and other services, so why not the schools too. Why do we need four spearate districts in an area smaller than what West Canada covers for one. Yes the numbers wil be larger, but the opportunites created will enhance our children's futures and provide more opportunity to them.
what i say

Chicago, IL

#76 Oct 4, 2011
Excues me, I meant four towns!
niceguy

United States

#77 Oct 4, 2011
All you people are pointing out negatives without even knowing anything about the specifics. One huge problem we have in the valley is everyone wants low taxes and services but most people do not want change. Let's move up to the 21st century. We are always stuck in "the good old days". No wonder our kids move away and why older people also head elsewhere. At least wait until the study is out.Various merger proposals were talkes about in the recent last few years but were voted down for a variety of reasons-some of them invalid. Everybody wants to keep their little villages satus quo. GROW UP AND GIVE CHANGE A CHANCE!!!
Mohawks dumber

Carthage, NY

#78 Oct 4, 2011
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Ilion is so dumb they had 2mill for back-up cash when the state reneged.
Wanna know how dumb Mohawk is? We're paying a superintendent $175K-one that got us into a huge lawsuit. Instead of firing her, they gave her a bonus. She cut sports, programs, teachers, you name it. Now she calls us up a couple of days before school starts to tell us that our kids will be riding around on school busses for an extra half hour every day. Doesn't that cost money???? I think we take the dumb school prize, sorry to say!
hmmmm

Syracuse, NY

#79 Oct 4, 2011
Mohawks dumber wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna know how dumb Mohawk is? We're paying a superintendent $175K-one that got us into a huge lawsuit. Instead of firing her, they gave her a bonus. She cut sports, programs, teachers, you name it. Now she calls us up a couple of days before school starts to tell us that our kids will be riding around on school busses for an extra half hour every day. Doesn't that cost money???? I think we take the dumb school prize, sorry to say!
sounds like Joyce should have stayed in Gloversville.
really

Little Falls, NY

#80 Oct 4, 2011
This is why we don't want to be in the same district as Mohawk. Too much waste and too many people that let it happen. No, but seriously, Herkimer has its own issues with wasting money. All districts do. It's time to trim the fat, clean house, and live with what you have. The merger will only make the gluttons worse. Schools overspend, overpay for things that should be cheaper, and then cry that they ran out of money and say they have to merge. Many of the residents hear merger and put their arms up and yell halleluyah. Take a good look at what is going on. Don't be ignorant and stupid. Mohawks dumber has a point. We have all let it happen in all four villages. Take responsibility and take care of business. A merger is not the answer, in fact it will get worse if all these gluttons are allowed to feed off each other.
Yeah

East Thetford, VT

#81 Oct 4, 2011
Voting "no" may prolong a merger but, WILL NOT STOP IT....this is too dumb...I'm voting no, I'm voting no...big f-in deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Waldo 12 hr Bob 2
News $3 million awarded to local counties to support... 17 hr RASH YELLONAIL BACK 4
Does Legal Incense show up on a drug test? (Aug '11) Wed Alex 323
Sylvia Rowen Wed Again 8
Triple AAA promotional code Tue safe driver 1
Dr. Morra is Gone from Mohawk Valley Vets - WHY... (May '12) Jun 28 Need a vet 31
Nothing will change till ya get rid of good old... Jun 27 Enough already 2

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages