dave

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

No state aid? What have you been smoking. The state won't hold back the state aid. It may be a little less state aid so we have to tighten our belts, but not no state aid. What kook have you been talking to.
Whoever

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

it all adds up wrote:
<quoted text>It was explained to me that, no merger, no state aid. Were will that leave us? I agree about the sports teams and all, just more kids with nothing to do!
I have been hearing the same line. Does the state consider the potential impact on the overall community? Remember these our are administrators telling us this, the same people, the same unions that refuse to not freeze salaries or to cut administrative positions. Instead they cut some teachers? There are many things not making sense and its time to focus on the kids for a change and look at what it could do to Herkimer. Geez its bad enough now! I have said NO from the beginning and will continue to.
dave

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

no state aid? Maybe less state aid, but not no state aid. Then we just have to tighten our belts like the article said. What kook have you been talking to? When things are tight for me, I'd rather tighten my belt and watch my own expenses and continue to control my own life than move in with my neighbors and have them all dictate what I can and can't do. I am voting NO.
Krista

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

link x link wrote:
Just say no!
NO NO NO
KDS

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

The article is right! Vote NO if they want the kids to all get split up into different schools!
Lol

Malone, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Judged:

Krista wrote:
<quoted text>
NO NO NO
Really? You all want your children to make do with less because you do not want to lose your identity. The students will rise to the challenge once the task is at hand. Once again, please do not sell your kids short. Check out the Ilion School District website. Before you all make this very important decision read. More state aid, new equipment and more equipment, more intramural sports, more classes to best prepare the children for college.
Herkie

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

piggie pat wrote:
herkie u take it deep just like first amendment did wink wink
first amendment's mother in law passed away from cancer this week you gutless prick.
duey

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Herkie wrote:
<quoted text>first amendment's mother in law passed away from cancer this week you gutless prick.
Yup
think twice vote once

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Judged:

Lol: Just read the Ilion school website transcripts of all the meetings. One of the transcripts very briefly states "A study at the University of Buffalo showed that mergers generate marginal fiscal savings." Keeping what we have is up to us. I saw what Herkimer has planned for expenditures: We have to reign in the school board and stop them from spending $215,000 to repave the elementary school. Ever hear of cold patch for the potholes, and resealing and striping the whole thing for maybe $3000 to $5000 a month later? That will last you a few years. No need to repave everything for $215,000 just because there are a few potholes that the maintenance team could easily fill in properly. And $112,000 to refloor the elementary school gym? What is wrong with it? Sure it's not new, but why put a new one in right now? Why not refinish it and remark it for maybe $15000 or so?$43,000 for a few new doors? How much is each door?$1.5 million in capital construction expenses in the next four years for a fairly new school? What the he77 is wrong with the administrators? And in the high school almost $2 million for construction expenses? Can we have an auditor here? And then the bus garage, where they want to spend $8000 for tile. And $9000 for a hot water heater in a bus garage? Who the he77 is taking 10 hour showers that you need such a water heater at a bus garage? Can't they just have a $300 water heater for the hot water in the sink? Why else do they need hot water in a bus garage?$52,000 for a furnace? What furnace costs $52,000? Can't they get warm with $10,000 or even $15,000? And $126,000 for other construction expenses? You read that and you just have to complain. Who does the person making these financial decisions know in the construction field that they are making them rich with our taxpayer money? If they should not be arrested for fraud then they should be fired for stupidity. And then they say there is no money so we should merge. That is total crap. And that is just what we are seeing right now. Who knows how much has been overspent and overpaid for in the past. I say we need a professional auditor, not a merger study made up of volunteers.
think twice vote once

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Judged:

I ran out of room, but this is what the article says when it talks about the school board's and administrators' big ego and try to keep the school looking like a mini college campus. And the Ilion website for the study also says that we can then have ice hockey and lacrosse? Who gives a flying sh17. We have to get our own financial house in order and run the school as a business, not a charity case from the state. You watch your expenses, don't overpay, and hold those who overpay accountable regardless of their seniority or administrative tenior. Stop trying to entice the kids with all these promises of new programs and new sports. I thought this was about saving money. What the he77 are you doing!!! We can keep what we have if we just spend smart. Idiots!!!
pig pat

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Herkie wrote:
<quoted text>
first amendment's mother in law passed away from cancer this week you gutless prick.
good now if only u get azz cancer and die too,pos
why

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Judged:

another question to ask the board is why do the sukers i mean taxpayers have to pay over 35k of pork for club advisors and co advisors what a total waste..look at this pork
2011-2012 Extra-Curricular Appointments
NAME POSITION SALARY
Wheeler-Stapf, Heather Art Club Co-Advisor $ 635
McCutcheon, Heather Art Club Co-Advisor $ 635
High School Appointments
NAME POSITION SALARY
Ploss, Michelle Senior Class Advisor $1,970
Rosati, Tracy Junior Class Advisor $1,420
Haskell, Alane Sophomore Class Advisor $1,420
Young, Michele Freshman Class Advisor $1,420
Wenal, Erin 8th Grade Class Co-Advisor $ 710
Simpson, Suemarie 8th Grade Class Co-Advisor $ 710
Fulmer, Donna 7th Grade Class Advisor $1,420
Krause, John Spring Musical Production Director $2,200
Whitton, Michael Fall Theatrical Production Director $1,600
Whitton, Michael Outdoors Club Advisor $1,270
Aiello, Adele F.C.C.L.A. Advisor $1,270
Scalise, Laura Sr. High Student Council Advisor $2,200
Manning, Glenn Sr. High Student Council Asst. Advisor $1,600
Ploss, Michelle Sr. High Newspaper Co-Advisor $ 635
Elias, Melissa Sr. High Newspaper Co-Advisor $ 635
Fox, David Senior High Band Director $1,600
Joslyn, Janet Sr. National Honor Society Advisor $1,270
Rodio, Suzanne Jr. National Honor Society Advisor $1,270
Krutz, Darryl SAAD Advisor $1,270
Scalise, Laurie UN Club/Debate Club Co-Advisor $ 635
Regular Board of Education Meeting Wednesday, June 22, 2011
High School Appointments - continued
NAME POSITION SALARY
Ploss, Michelle UN Club/Debate Club Co-Advisor $ 635
Pitcher, Raymond Senior High Computer Club Advisor $1,270
Young, Michele Sr. High Yearbook Technical Advisor $2,200
LaSalle, Carolyn Sr. High Yearbook Financial Advisor $2,200
Rosati, Tracy PEP Club Co-Advisor $ 635
Ploss, Michelle PEP Club Co-Advisor $ 635
Grygiel, Kara Sr. High Language Club Advisor $1,270
Scalise, Laura Peer Mediation Co-Advisor $ 635
Watkins, Nancy Peer Mediation Co-Advisor $ 635
Elementary Appointments
NAME POSITION SALARY
Knowlton, Debra Elem. Student Council Advisor $1,520
Kirkpatrick, Shelley Elem. Student Council Assistant Advisor $1,270
Vogt, Renee Elem. Yearbook Club Advisor $1,600
Watkins, Christine Elem. Yearbook Club Assistant Advisor $1,270
King, Jennifer Elem. Library Club Advisor $1,270
Lowell, Sylvia Elem. Literature Club Advisor $1,270
Peyton, Leah Just Say NO Club Advisor $1,270
Jory, Cheryl Elem. Newspaper Advisor $1,270
Jones, Marianne Elem. Computer Club Advisor $1,270
Traglia, James Steel Drum Band Advisor $1,600
heckyeah

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

You are right. What a waste of money. And this was already planned before any talk of a merger. Something is going on here.

Also we don't need any more activities. Everyone would be happy to just keep what we have. Are the volunteer merger study people losing sight of what they were supposed to do? They were simply supposed to see how they can save money, not how they can use the saved money to start other programs and end up with the same financial problems. How are we saving money if all of a sudden you are starting all these new activities that never existed before, especially when without a merger these kids were perfectly happy with the sports they were in to begin with? Sports that they could play not because the sport they really wanted to play was already filled up, and the lacrosse team and other newly formed teams or activities are the 2nd choice for kids that couldn't make the football team or the soccer team because there are too many kids trying out for them? What money is saved there? Volunteers have their pluses, but not here. Here we get what we paid for. Nothing.
Whoever

Rensselaer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Above is listed many of the expenses and costs I was referring to...let's start cutting @ home before we create some super-sized district where your child becomes nothing but a face in the hallway! Almost have to wonder who might make money off this merger?
heckyeah

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Judged:

Holy crap! I always thought these "advisors" who help the kids at activities were doing it because they enjoyed it, as part of their regular salary. This is a total disgrace! You need to pay $1270 to have a SAAD advisor? How SAAD is that!!! And a class advisor milks more money off the school system? These teachers are already making around $60,000 or more. Comeon, give the kids some of your time if you want to, and if you don't then let someone else do it. I can't believe they get paid extra for these things. And then they complain when they have to pay a little bit into their health insurance premiums. What a disgrace! I am voting NO NO NO. After seeing all this there is no way I am going to vote for the merger. Take care of the expenses at home first. Once that is done then they can come crying to us. These schools need a lesson in fiscal responsibility. Incredible.
Herkie

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

pig pat wrote:
<quoted text>good now if only u get azz cancer and die too,pos
Typical cowardly little bitch who hides behind a computer. Better hope karma gets you before we do.
Forget it

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2011

Herkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical cowardly little bitch who hides behind a computer. Better hope karma gets you before we do.
Calm down! Gezzzz
old timer

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

Judged:

heckyeah- You fit right into "Herkimer" and the
"Mohawk Valley" where $60,000 a year sounds like
big money. People with no education are making
more than that! Wake-up and join the big world
out beyond Herkimer and Frankfort! Do you work
for a living? If your boss asks you to work
overtime or on Saturday do you work for free?
I'll bet that you don't! That's what you're asking
teachers to do. P.S. How much volunteer work do
you do at your school?
piggie pat

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

Herkie wrote:
<quoted text>
another threat ok i let farber know and he is on it.btw first amendment gfus,troll
piggie pat

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2011

heckyeah wrote:
Holy crap! I always thought these "advisors" who help the kids at activities were doing it because they enjoyed it, as part of their regular salary. This is a total disgrace! You need to pay $1270 to have a SAAD advisor? How SAAD is that!!! And a class advisor milks more money off the school system? These teachers are already making around $60,000 or more. Comeon, give the kids some of your time if you want to, and if you don't then let someone else do it. I can't believe they get paid extra for these things. And then they complain when they have to pay a little bit into their health insurance premiums. What a disgrace! I am voting NO NO NO. After seeing all this there is no way I am going to vote for the merger. Take care of the expenses at home first. Once that is done then they can come crying to us. These schools need a lesson in fiscal responsibility. Incredible.
you know whats sad i asked an advisor for inforamation and was told she was busy and didnt have the time to go ask another advisor, can you believe it? thats what i was told so i told dangle and he would look into it

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

40 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Valley health Schrader & Watson 9 min Why Would He 130
Shear Pleasures 9 min Penelope 5
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Wake up 6,344
Mayors circus 8 hr observor 36
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 11 hr Truth beyond 13
Disgusting Rotten Stinking Quackenbush 14 hr Lawsuit waiting to Happen 16
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 15 hr Steve Douchy 6,364
•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••