thinking of moving to upstate ny how ...

thinking of moving to upstate ny how are herkimer schools

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
notice karma

Frankfort, NY

#1 Nov 14, 2012
Not sure...
Herkimer Parent

Little Falls, NY

#2 Nov 14, 2012
We are about to take major cuts....Ilion and Mohawk have a better future.
busy mom

New York, NY

#4 Nov 14, 2012
i don't know about the Herkimer schools but being new to the area, i can say that the area sucks!
notice karma

Frankfort, NY

#5 Nov 14, 2012
Pro merger?
notice karma

Frankfort, NY

#6 Nov 15, 2012
Herkimer Parent wrote:
We are about to take major cuts....Ilion and Mohawk have a better future.
thanks whats wtf talking about...my one child is doing mostly ap courses how are they their?
try

Clay, NY

#7 Nov 15, 2012
west canada. enough athletics. students are eligible to take AP [college now] courses. teachers are fantastic. take a tour, meet with staff and everything. I'm sure you'll be totally satisfied :] good luck!
funny

Little Falls, NY

#9 Nov 15, 2012
WTF16 wrote:
Boy, if this wasn't a PRO-MERGER paid-for post ! Guys, get a friggin' life, it's over already for Christsake, deal with it !
We, Ilion and Mohawk are fine...just laughing and rubbing it-in-to herkimer. And we aren't going to stop. You asked us to be involved which, made us wait, cost us money, cost our kids education and all we can do (at this time) is fk with you.
Dogger

New York, NY

#10 Nov 15, 2012
Do you have a government job lined up? Lawyer? Teacher? Or on the Obama welfare bandwagon? Cause there is no private industry left here. Largest employer in Herkimer County is the county government.
Exactly

Herkimer, NY

#11 Nov 15, 2012
Herkimer school is terrible. They don't offer anything for these kids and now that they are not merging its gonna be worse. Cutting more programs and teachers. These kids have no chance when they apply for colleges and get rejected!!! I should clarify Herkimer High School is terrible, don't know much about the elementary. I agree with 'try' go to west canada Ive heard alot of great things. Wish my kids went there.
well

Little Falls, NY

#12 Nov 15, 2012
Exactly wrote:
Herkimer school is terrible. They don't offer anything for these kids and now that they are not merging its gonna be worse. Cutting more programs and teachers. These kids have no chance when they apply for colleges and get rejected!!! I should clarify Herkimer High School is terrible, don't know much about the elementary. I agree with 'try' go to west canada Ive heard alot of great things. Wish my kids went there.
Thank those azzhools with the petition, the ones that send the kids door to door, the same ones you saw picketing with children in front of the school. Also thank tony's pizza and his two buddies billy and johnny. That a start anyway.
WHO

Clay, NY

#13 Nov 15, 2012
Exactly wrote:
yeah, herkimer a kids are screwed when it comes to getting a good education. I am an alumni of WCV graduating in 09.I've never been so proud to be part of such a great community. 5the teachers and staff are great. if you have the chance, ENROLL YOUR KID(S)!!! we don't offer volleyball or lacrosse or field hockey or bowling. but we have the rest!really, go take a tour.:)
Feisty

Syracuse, NY

#14 Nov 15, 2012
well wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank those azzhools with the petition, the ones that send the kids door to door, the same ones you saw picketing with children in front of the school. Also thank tony's pizza and his two buddies billy and johnny. That a start anyway.
Buddy you just can't let the hard on go can you? Just carry it from topix to topix. You are a sore loser! Just take your bat and ball and run along home. What a piece of work you are. So happy to have you in the community. Such an active proud member! MORON!!!
You are rite

New Hartford, NY

#15 Nov 15, 2012
Feisty wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddy you just can't let the hard on go can you? Just carry it from topix to topix. You are a sore loser! Just take your bat and ball and run along home. What a piece of work you are. So happy to have you in the community. Such an active proud member! MORON!!!
He is an asshool, no question. The only thing worse than him would be a sitting working behind the scenes to influence a vote. Don't you think B???
What the heck

Liverpool, NY

#16 Nov 15, 2012
Check out the state website and find where WCV ranks on that list. You'll be surprised. Believe it or not, it looks like Little Falls fares the best on the list- - education wise. See for yourself.
Im wondering too

New Hartford, NY

#17 Nov 15, 2012
You are rite wrote:
<quoted text>
He is an asshool, no question. The only thing worse than him would be a sitting working behind the scenes to influence a vote. Don't you think B???
Did you mean a sitting judge working behind the scenes???
idea

United States

#18 Nov 15, 2012
Herkimer school is fine. But there are too many whining azzhools crying because they didn't get a chance to give their relatives cushy jobs or give themselves raises because the merger was solidly defeated. Get over it and move on or move out. Herkimer is awesome and you will love it here. Your kids will too. That's why people voted to keep Herkimer as Herkimer.
Feisty

Syracuse, NY

#19 Nov 15, 2012
You are rite wrote:
<quoted text>
Working to influence the vote which way? Everyone knows that the yes clan was far from truthful and liked to employ methods that were less than appealing. People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones Harold! Using your influence with the cops!?!?!? You think the community isn't aware of what you people were doing? Get over it....move on....be an adult!
not quite

New Hartford, NY

#20 Nov 15, 2012
Feisty wrote:
<quoted text>
Working to influence the vote which way? Everyone knows that the yes clan was far from truthful and liked to employ methods that were less than appealing. People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones Harold! Using your influence with the cops!?!?!? You think the community isn't aware of what you people were doing? Get over it....move on....be an adult!
A politician wanted to mediate a merger discussion. "Yes" was in favor. "No" was against an informational discussion(I wonder why) and threatened the politician with pulling their support and worse.

Guess what??? I'm not Harold fkhead.
DBH

Herkimer, NY

#21 Nov 15, 2012
idea wrote:
Herkimer school is fine. But there are too many whining azzhools crying because they didn't get a chance to give their relatives cushy jobs or give themselves raises because the merger was solidly defeated. Get over it and move on or move out. Herkimer is awesome and you will love it here. Your kids will too. That's why people voted to keep Herkimer as Herkimer.
Herkimer School is fine ?????? Ranked 388 out of 430 upstate New York schools. Speaks volumes.
DBH

Herkimer, NY

#22 Nov 15, 2012
What the heck wrote:
Check out the state website and find where WCV ranks on that list. You'll be surprised. Believe it or not, it looks like Little Falls fares the best on the list-- education wise. See for yourself.
Good job !!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
muslums strike again, thx merkal & obama 2 hr neil n bob 5
Carpenter Signs on Right of Ways and Abandoned ... 2 hr ScalesofJustice 5
Why hasn't Carpenter charged former Police chie... 2 hr HerkimeCorruption 18
Its Campaign Season, Friendly, Fake ,Phony. Jef... 3 hr PoorMe 6
Roma Pizzeria on Main St, Herkimer 4 hr herk 21
tim zaleski's regents scores (Jul '11) 6 hr Unknown 48
andrew edick (Sep '13) 6 hr Crystal Krouse 15

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance