CVA teachers' union president resigns

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
No Surprise

Little Falls, NY

#1 Mar 13, 2014
Not as rosy as they made it out to be, is it. The merger idea may have started out of necessity. But then a few greedy people (and we all know who they are) took over the idea and enticed many others who became involved with beer goggles of greed as well. This obvious corruption is mostly why Herkimer came out in droves to vote the thing down. Poor Mohawk got sucked into it because they had no choice. Kind of like the Crimea taken over by Russia w/ propaganda to make them think there is a real vote, don't you think? Anyway, I will try to post today's OD article so you can read it even after Putin, I mean Tangorilla calls them to take it down. Funny how he took care of his own contract first. There's obviously a lot more to the story.

From the Observer Dispatch website:

Central Valley teachers' union president resigns
With a contract yet to be settled, the Central Valley Central School District teachers' union president resigned this week.“I disagreed with the direction of the way things were going,” said Ilion-Mohawk United Teachers President Martin Burrello, a former Ilion union president.“I was too strong for the union, I think.”

Keshia Clukey
Posted Mar. 13, 2014 @ 5:00 am

Topix won't let me put in the whole article, so I'll put it in in parts...
OD article. part 1

Little Falls, NY

#2 Mar 13, 2014
With a contract yet to be settled, the Central Valley Central School District teachers’ union president resigned this week.
“I disagreed with the direction of the way things were going,” said Ilion-Mohawk United Teachers President Martin Burrello, a former Ilion union president.“I was too strong for the union, I think.”
The district received his letter of resignation Wednesday, said Superintendent Cosimo Tangorra Jr., who disagreed with Burrello’s assessment of the negotiations.
“We were going in a good direction,” Tangorra said.“It wasn’t contentious at all. We were working together to settle a fair contract for both sides.”
Burrello declined further comment.
And the lack of a contract is causing issues, said high school teacher Lyn Cipriano, who worked for Ilion for 15 years.
She described teachers having to pay for training over the summer and never being reimbursed, as well as not having an efficient system in place to air grievances.
“I really feel at this point that we were misled,” Cipriano said.
The teachers were told prior to the merger that their contracts from the individual schools would remain in place until the new contract was negotiated, she said.
“Both our contracts have been dissolved completely,” she said.“They like to tell us that we’re without a contract.”
The union, formed after the merger of the Ilion and Mohawk school districts, now will be headed by its Executive Vice President Shelly McCarthy, the former Mohawk union president.
OD article. part 2

Little Falls, NY

#3 Mar 13, 2014
A call Wednesday to McCarthy was not returned. She issued a statement through the district office declining to comment.
Tangorra said he doesn’t expect the contract negotiations to be disrupted by the change.
Negotiations between the district and union began in fall after the union was formed and officers elected, Tangorra said.
“No one should be surprised that there isn’t a contract at this point,” he said.“It’s unusual that a contract would be settled in really that short period of time.”
But often as with any merger, there are discrepancies in pay between the teachers from different districts. Annual raises and bonuses usually are on hold during negotiation processes, though the step system that rewards teachers based on education and seniority remains in place.
Ilion’s median teacher salary was $58,696 in 2011-12 while Mohawk’s was $50,411, according to the most recent data from The Empire Center for New York State Policy.
High school history teacher Michael Disotelle, 43, a former Ilion teacher, said he has fewer years of experience than one of his Central Valley colleagues who worked at Mohawk
“And I make $10,000 more,” he said.“That’s a serious issue that needed to be addressed, and we were getting nowhere at Christmastime.”
Disotelle said he’s discouraged because class sizes have been adjusted for the benefit of the students, and the administration has been all set with its contracts in place.
“I guess here the teachers are kind of left out here in the cold,” he said.
cockmo

Utica, NY

#4 Mar 13, 2014
and his bloated contract strikes again, awww time for some beers
herkimer

Little Falls, NY

#5 Mar 13, 2014
[QUOTE who="OD article. part 2"]A call Wednesday to McCarthy was not returned. She issued a statement through the district office declining to comment.
Tangorra said he doesn’t expect the contract negotiations to be disrupted by the change.
Negotiations between the district and union began in fall after the union was formed and officers elected, Tangorra said.
“No one should be surprised that there isn’t a contract at this point,” he said.“It’s unusual that a contract would be settled in really that short period of time.”
But often as with any merger, there are discrepancies in pay between the teachers from different districts. Annual raises and bonuses usually are on hold during negotiation processes, though the step system that rewards teachers based on education and seniority remains in place.
Ilion’s median teacher salary was $58,696 in 2011-12 while Mohawk’s was $50,411, according to the most recent data from The Empire Center for New York State Policy.
High school history teacher Michael Disotelle, 43, a former Ilion teacher, said he has fewer years of experience than one of his Central Valley colleagues who worked at Mohawk
“And I make $10,000 more,” he said.“That’s a serious issue that needed to be addressed, and we were getting nowhere at Christmastime.”
Disotelle said he’s discouraged because class sizes have been adjusted for the benefit of the students, and the administration has been all set with its contracts in place.
“I guess here the teachers are kind of left out here in the cold,” he said.[/QUOTE]
Yah, Mr. Disotelle. Maybe you make too much.
herkimer

Little Falls, NY

#6 Mar 13, 2014
Yeah, Mr. Disotelle. Maybe you make too much. You just gave it away.
Typical

Herkimer, NY

#7 Mar 13, 2014
Contract time. I'm outta here. Gotta get , well the gettin is good

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#8 Mar 13, 2014
No Surprise wrote:
Not as rosy as they made it out to be, is it. The merger idea may have started out of necessity. But then a few greedy people (and we all know who they are) took over the idea and enticed many others who became involved with beer goggles of greed as well. This obvious corruption is mostly why Herkimer came out in droves to vote the thing down. Poor Mohawk got sucked into it because they had no choice. Kind of like the Crimea taken over by Russia w/ propaganda to make them think there is a real vote, don't you think? Anyway, I will try to post today's OD article so you can read it even after Putin, I mean Tangorilla calls them to take it down. Funny how he took care of his own contract first. There's obviously a lot more to the story.
From the Observer Dispatch website:
Central Valley teachers' union president resigns
With a contract yet to be settled, the Central Valley Central School District teachers' union president resigned this week.“I disagreed with the direction of the way things were going,” said Ilion-Mohawk United Teachers President Martin Burrello, a former Ilion union president.“I was too strong for the union, I think.”
Keshia Clukey
Posted Mar. 13, 2014 @ 5:00 am
Topix won't let me put in the whole article, so I'll put it in in parts...
Yeah right.

Herkimer didn't come out in droves because of identity loss, sports, being lied to or ignorance.

Herkimer came out in droves because the teachers would be making less money, benefits and/or be unhappy with their next contact.

Hey BARTENDER!!!
I'll have what he's drinking.
bartender

Herkimer, NY

#9 Mar 13, 2014
Malcolm Mac Wallace wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right.

Herkimer didn't come out in droves because of identity loss, sports, being lied to or ignorance.

Herkimer came out in droves because the teachers would be making less money, benefits and/or be unhappy with their next contact.

Hey BARTENDER!!!
I'll have what he's drinking.
That joke is getting old. You'll never be happy you miserable bastrd.
Watch closely

Little Falls, NY

#10 Mar 13, 2014
As these contract nogociations begin and equal pay comes in play. Union members will begun to eat thier own and jobs will be lost. Then and only then will we see the wisdom of Herkimer opting out.
greed

Herkimer, NY

#11 Mar 13, 2014
Greed. Not good.
hey dumbazz

Ilion, NY

#12 Mar 14, 2014
bartender wrote:
<quoted text>
That joke is getting old. You'll never be happy you miserable bastrd.
You make tinfoil hat, republicon and the retarded fox comments over and over and over and over and you're all impressed with yourself. Now something I've seen once, is getting old??? Go fk yourself loser.
dumbazz clueless comments

Ilion, NY

#13 Mar 14, 2014
cockmo wrote:
and his bloated contract strikes again, awww time for some beers
Hey dumbazz did the now "Doctor" Cockmo or anyone else get a raise or any additional compensation for all of their merger work?

What they did get, is the ability to ADD and not eliminate teaching positions or courses. You on the other hand, not so much.

You guys are such azzholes it's amazing.

Herkimer, making cuts again this year and still running their mouths. You fks don't get it, but you will.
head in sand

Little Falls, NY

#14 Mar 14, 2014
What he did get is a guarantee that he would be the new superintendent. A guarantee that he will continue to get raises every so often. A guarantee the people would not look at his salary & benefits and demand for him to give something up. That's what he got. That's what you all fail to see.
dumbazz clueless comments

Ilion, NY

#15 Mar 14, 2014
head in sand wrote:
What he did get is a guarantee that he would be the new superintendent. A guarantee that he will continue to get raises every so often. A guarantee the people would not look at his salary & benefits and demand for him to give something up. That's what he got. That's what you all fail to see.
And it doesn't end. The dumb leading the dumb.

First, there was no other superintendent. Herkimer didn't have one and Mohawks was retiring and Doctor Tangorra was by far running the best show in the valley. The states study cleared that up.

Second, He would remain Ilion superintendent without a merger. He would continue to get raises every so often without a merger. That's what you all fail to see.

As for job stability, EVERYONE in the CVA systems got that.
Do you know what Herkimer got? Cock.
cake mom

Utica, NY

#16 Mar 14, 2014
I love cock, now the only thing the doc has is a drinking
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Little Falls, NY

#17 Mar 14, 2014
Listen to you. DOCTOR Tangorra. HAHAHAHAHA. Maybe in paper title only. I needed a good laugh today. Yes, his contract did give him raises but with public outcries. And yes, the good doctor would have had job stability if it stayed Ilion but who knows for how long. Your beloved DOCTOR made quite a nice bed for himself. He can thank all his mental patients who believed his illegal propaganda machine and voted his way after Herkimer closed down his pharmacy. Shhhh. Quiet please. DOCTOR Tangorra is operating. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#18 Mar 15, 2014
Tangorra received his doctorate while moving forward to merge the districts. Actually that's impressive.

As we were told before the merger, schools are not receiving enough money to provide the education they provided years ago. In fact Herkimer made cuts last year and are projected to make as many as 6 more cuts this year.

I fail to see the humor.
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#19 Mar 15, 2014
This is why we are fighting to get the money that was originally promised by the state rather than get a bone thrown at us and merge. And you belittle us for that. I fail to see your intestinal fortitude.
david herman

Ilion, NY

#20 Mar 15, 2014
herkimer wrote:
This is why we are fighting to get the money that was originally promised by the state rather than get a bone thrown at us and merge. And you belittle us for that. I fail to see your intestinal fortitude.
"A bone"??? Be serious, you're too funny.

The money you're talking about, CVA has been shorted by the state over 8 million and Herkimer about 6 million. All schools statewide have been shorted. They aren't getting their money and we aren't getting ours.

That's right...
Herkimer is getting nothing. Contrary to popular belief, there is no Herkimer lawsuit against NYS for added money. Where do you people come up with this???

Also Herkimer made cuts last year and will be cutting more positions this budget year. I understand at least 4 and as many as 6 positions.

Here's the problem you have.
One of you tells the lie and the others swear to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ruggerio's 5 hr drynuts 3
Interesting facts about the Merger vote (Oct '12) 8 hr business as usual 74
Old Pizzeria by High School 10 hr Just A Visitor 1
Mr lnow 12 hr in the know 10
thieves 23 hr candobetter 1
Need a man. Sat Brad 7
Larry Dack comes out of the closet!!!! Fri Duck 6
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web