Public Office Clowns of Herkimer

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tracker

Cold Brook, NY

#1 May 15, 2014
We MUST vote them out of office if our Village even stands a chance. Year after year they get revoted in and it's always the same sad story. Sorry Katie Nichols but you do not run this Village. This year you will be defeated. Please encourage your friends to come out and vote and support a change. This Village needs some new blood. The old regime has to go.
Herkimer Magacian

Camp Hill, PA

#2 May 15, 2014
Vote MALTA!!!!
herkimer confidential

Malone, NY

#3 May 15, 2014
GOOD NEWS --

The Herkimer Telegram
By Stephanie Sorrell-White
May 15, 2014
Posted 8:24 a.m.

Herkimer Gets $5,000 State Grant

HERKIMER -- Assemblyman Marc Butler, R-Newport, announced today that the New York State Office of Political Entertainment has awarded the village of Herkimer a $5,000 grant to purchase clown suits for its elected and appointed officials.

"This important state program is proven to spur citizen interest in local goverment by attiring public officials in costumes that accurately reflect their competence and character," said Assemblyman Butler. "It's fun for elected officials too. I love wearing my own clown suit on the Legislature floor and while boozing it up at the Waterfront."

Herkimer Trustee candidate Fred Weisser said he felt $5,000 for clown suits was a waste of taxpayer money.

"With all the second-hand shops on Main Street we should be able to put together our own clown costumes from cheap used clothing," said Weisser, admitting that Bozo the Clown was his favorite TV character when he was growing up.
well done sir

Ilion, NY

#4 May 15, 2014
herkimer confidential wrote:
GOOD NEWS --
The Herkimer Telegram
By Stephanie Sorrell-White
May 15, 2014
Posted 8:24 a.m.
Herkimer Gets $5,000 State Grant
HERKIMER -- Assemblyman Marc Butler, R-Newport, announced today that the New York State Office of Political Entertainment has awarded the village of Herkimer a $5,000 grant to purchase clown suits for its elected and appointed officials.
"This important state program is proven to spur citizen interest in local goverment by attiring public officials in costumes that accurately reflect their competence and character," said Assemblyman Butler. "It's fun for elected officials too. I love wearing my own clown suit on the Legislature floor and while boozing it up at the Waterfront."
Herkimer Trustee candidate Fred Weisser said he felt $5,000 for clown suits was a waste of taxpayer money.
"With all the second-hand shops on Main Street we should be able to put together our own clown costumes from cheap used clothing," said Weisser, admitting that Bozo the Clown was his favorite TV character when he was growing up.
10/10. While the current elected officials have proven their lack of worth, the candidates to replace them aren't any better. Brindisi is on the board to begin with. Weisser should have run for mayor. Problem is, he is no more qualified to head a municipality than the rest of them. Took him 5 weeks to fix a ring for me. Both times I checked on it the store was empty and he does the repairs himself. If that is any indication of how he would be in office we may as well keep things the way they are. The problem with living far from actual suburban areas: you could end up with your creepy cousin Eddie with the nervous twitch and lazy eye as your mayor. Or some kid, or some cooked Italian who beats up his constituents at Stewart's on election night, or a mayor that looks like an ostrich.
pickle puss kate

Utica, NY

#5 May 15, 2014
ahahahhahah hats too funny.. nervous twitch, lazy eye and howdy doodie
Pete

Utica, NY

#6 May 15, 2014
I run this village you are all a joke!
love that place

Ilion, NY

#7 May 15, 2014
Pete wrote:
I run this village you are all a joke!
Crazy Otto for mayor!!!
goof

Boston, MA

#8 May 15, 2014
Bojive for Mayor!!! He'll fix that town!!
Know

Herkimer, NY

#9 May 15, 2014
I'll stick wtih the devil I know. No way would I vote a cop as mayor - no no way............ they'd get all the raises, all the benefits, all the perks and cause extreme division iwth the other staff. No way - not to mention who it is.
barfly

Newport, NY

#10 May 15, 2014
goof wrote:
Bojive for Mayor!!! He'll fix that town!!
free drugs and beer for everyone and you don't have to work, like me
hello

Herkimer, NY

#11 May 15, 2014
Dah; the cops already get everything and do NOTHING
Dah

Herkimer, NY

#12 May 15, 2014
Vote Mandy in for mayor! She's got all the answers.
just wondering

Little Falls, NY

#13 May 15, 2014
you vote those 2 ex cops in and you might as well start building the jail now bonos stooges
Above r a bunch of losers

Malone, NY

#14 May 16, 2014
You losers are so helpful. If you're truly interested as to what Herkimer's problem is...

Get yourself a hand mirror.
Porky Piggy

Utica, NY

#15 May 16, 2014
Yep, Brindisi is the answer. He is the problem everyone on the village board is the problem. So take an ineffective trustee and make him mayor? What's worse the current or the on running, well in his case trying to get elected he's too fat to run. This village is shot and no matter who's in charge nothing can be done to fix the damage of the previous village elected officials, including the tubby trustee.
How yoooo doin

Ilion, NY

#16 May 16, 2014
Porky Piggy wrote:
Yep, Brindisi is the answer. He is the problem everyone on the village board is the problem. So take an ineffective trustee and make him mayor? What's worse the current or the on running, well in his case trying to get elected he's too fat to run. This village is shot and no matter who's in charge nothing can be done to fix the damage of the previous village elected officials, including the tubby trustee.
Agreed. No good answers. Given the options, Ainsworth may as well stay. He sucks (so to speak) but Tubby Brindisi would be far worse.
Really Sad

Little Falls, NY

#17 May 16, 2014
I doubt if a new Mayor will help. All politicians are out for themselves, not the residents.
Rural Ghetto

Little Falls, NY

#18 May 16, 2014
I wonder if Brindisi will wipe his face on his shirt during a TV interview.
disgusted

Rome, NY

#19 May 16, 2014
This mentality is why the village has gone under....
Pitt

Ilion, NY

#20 May 17, 2014
Rural Ghetto wrote:
I wonder if Brindisi will wipe his face on his shirt during a TV interview.
not sure but he's guaranteed to have spaghetti sauce streaks, grease marks and donut powder on the front of his shirt. Could we at least come up with a normal looking candidate that would be presentable on TV and in the papers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One Party under Mob with Liberty/Justice for THEM 3 min Racketeering in NYS 3
What happen to the Main Street plan? 5 min Racketeering in NY 9
brennan the judge (Oct '14) 12 hr Bonerrific 135
Charlie crandall 13 hr Yup 6
old jillrae signs bldg. pot growing plant 21 hr MikeDaley 11
Santa Andy's Free Crap! 21 hr NO NEW TAXES 3
Trumponomics 21 hr January 20_2017 7

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance