Village of Herkimer continues to dig out

There are 10 comments on the Jun 28, 2013, WKTV story titled Village of Herkimer continues to dig out. In it, WKTV reports that:

One of the hardest hit areas from Friday morning's heavy rains is the Village of Herkimer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKTV.

Goose Stepping

Kirkville, NY

#1 Jun 28, 2013
Could the DPW Superintendent get time off from the tractor store to take care of the village streets?
tractor supply boss

New Hartford, NY

#2 Jun 28, 2013
leave him alone.
he's got work to do!!!
Need Them

Herkimer, NY

#3 Jun 28, 2013
I thank every Herkimer village employee. I'm originally not from NY and they've been awesome and I don't know what we'd do without them. The fire dept, the police, the dpw - so far they've all been awesome - every single one of them we've been in contact with. We are blessed. We sometimes forget, but they are always there.
prop 8

Little Falls, NY

#4 Jun 29, 2013
that's why they are paid with all the fringes and retirement benis.. that's their job ...no need to thank them, if they don't like it hit the road jack...
Come on

Herkimer, NY

#5 Jun 29, 2013
Seriously? People are sickening.
Hmmm

Hoboken, NJ

#6 Jun 29, 2013
A thank you is never unwarranted if you're happy with someone's work, paid or not. Where were you raised, prop8?
John

Boston, MA

#7 Jul 8, 2013
The river should swallow all of herkimer. There would be a lot less white trash in the world
Carol

Westbury, NY

#8 Jul 8, 2014
I am from Long Island NY. I am thinking about moving to Herkimer ,NY for a change of pace. Any thoughts about Herkimer is appreciated.
Billy P

Stephentown, NY

#9 Jul 8, 2014
Backhoe on the way.
Golf Clap

Little Falls, NY

#10 Jul 9, 2014
Carol wrote:
I am from Long Island NY. I am thinking about moving to Herkimer ,NY for a change of pace. Any thoughts about Herkimer is appreciated.
I think you'll be shocked at how different it is up here from Long Island. I mean economically, culturally, politically. Economic and social issues aren't as visible or pervasive in the big metro areas like Long Island, as they are in forgotten Upstate towns like Herkimer. You should visit for at least two weeks before moving and take a look at photos of the town taken in February.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
question about Herk Police 2 hr Jackson 12
WIBX Keeler & Brindisi selling NANO-Crack again! 2 hr Nano meth 1
carole franklin (Feb '12) 2 hr Pete 41
whorie Lorie (Jun '13) 3 hr Freaked out 60
George Eissler Sun anonymous 6
Jamo's Restaurant & Bar grand opening! Sun bojive 99
South Washington St Trash 😂 Sun Someone else noti... 3
More from around the web

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE