Mohawk Res

Rome, NY

#1 Aug 3, 2012
My Family member has been having hearing problems. Anyone have any dealings with the Miracle-Ear in Herkimer or any other business that specialize in hearing aides ?? Just looking to take him where they know what they are doing. Thanks
Yurkenov

Springfield, MA

#2 Aug 3, 2012
Mohawk Res wrote:
My Family member has been having hearing problems. Anyone have any dealings with the Miracle-Ear in Herkimer or any other business that specialize in hearing aides ?? Just looking to take him where they know what they are doing. Thanks
what???
momof4

Cold Brook, NY

#3 Aug 3, 2012
Miracle ear of New Hartford owns the Herkimer location. Go to New Hartford. They are very good and have won lots of awards and really know their job.
Charlies angel

Ilion, NY

#4 Aug 3, 2012
Miracle Ear is a rip off. Go to your ENT and be sure what is wrong then have the test by an independent audiologist. Otherwise you will end up with hearing aids they just won't wear. I took my dad to Bassett. They were fantastic. I'm afraid of the franchise places. Stay away from Patterson at Miracle Ear. He is a hack politician who will sell you anything and then not stand up behind it. That attitude cost us thousands.
Anonymous

Cold Brook, NY

#5 Aug 4, 2012
Charlies angel wrote:
Miracle Ear is a rip off. Go to your ENT and be sure what is wrong then have the test by an independent audiologist. Otherwise you will end up with hearing aids they just won't wear. I took my dad to Bassett. They were fantastic. I'm afraid of the franchise places. Stay away from Patterson at Miracle Ear. He is a hack politician who will sell you anything and then not stand up behind it. That attitude cost us thousands.
Miracle Ear is not a ripoff. They helped us get a grant for funding of hearing aids for our young child. With no insurance, the cost was way too much for us. Bassett wouldn't even see us without payment up front. They have never charged us for a repair or replacement when the earpiece failed. Robert Bishton is a Board Certified Hearing Aid Specialist. Miracle Ear does all the tests an audiologist does. They just care a little more.

Why do you slam a place without even knowing who they are or what they are and what they do. If you had ever met Rob, you wouldn't be speaking out the side of your neck.
miracle eat this

Little Falls, NY

#6 Aug 4, 2012
Why is this thread named miracle ear yet asks where to go for hearing aids? Obviously miracle ear trying to make themselves look good by creating their own thread and pretending to be other people. I am tired of receiving their phony flyers in the mail and looking at their used car sale type ads in the paper.
EarMarked
#7 Aug 17, 2012
I can't hear any of you.... type louder.
Settle Down

Syracuse, NY

#8 Aug 17, 2012
miracle eat this wrote:
Why is this thread named miracle ear yet asks where to go for hearing aids? Obviously miracle ear trying to make themselves look good by creating their own thread and pretending to be other people. I am tired of receiving their phony flyers in the mail and looking at their used car sale type ads in the paper.
He should know better than to mix being the campaign manager for a political race and running a business. As someone said up thread, he is nothing more than a hack politician who was a way lousy county legislator.
EarMark

Little Falls, NY

#9 Aug 17, 2012
Well that lousy legislator served his country with honor so show a little respect douchbag
Ripped Off

Syracuse, NY

#11 Dec 17, 2013
Go to a medical professional who is not incentivised to sell elderly citizens with dementia hearing aids that cost over $7000 and don't work even after repeated visits and battery replacements. Father had purchased a set 3-4 years ago for $4000 and they were not working well so they talked him into the more expensive ones that don't work at all. They also refuse to take them back and refund the money.

Go to a regular ENT that can determine what is the issue and won't rip you off. My father can not afford what the sold him on his income.... maybe I should ask them to get a grant instead of hounding him to pay for junk that he cant use.
biggest ripoff on earth

Malone, NY

#12 Dec 17, 2013
listen up!!!

think about it. a little device that amplifies sound. how much could it cost to manufacture?

fact is, those things sold for $4000 are made in China. So is every hearing aid you can buy on the Internet at a fraction of the price.

hearing aids do work. but it's the world's biggest ripoff to spend thousands of dollars on one. those proprietary "Miracle Ear" shops are a legacy leftover from the 1960s.

if you have an aged loved one who needs a hearing aid, don't let that person be suckered into a shameless ripoff.

Google hearing aids, find some that are well reviewed and returnable if they don't work to expectations, and you're all set.
ujb

Utica, NY

#13 Dec 26, 2013
RBI

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Lake St 15 min Smfh 2
Herkimer IDA 2 hr Oh no 15
Main St business es 2 hr yeomans work 4
Darlene Brewer 16 hr Heard 2
Anyone know Trista Dennis and Richard Hungerford (Aug '17) 16 hr Phil 47
Brad Vrooman MOVAC 17 hr Lol 40
Gay Dirtbike Rider Tue Matt 1

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Herkimer Mortgages