created by: Top Mod2 | Sep 13, 2010

New York

3,599 votes

New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • No
  • Other (explain below)
Comments
9,061 - 9,080 of 16,777 Comments Last updated Wednesday
nac

Southold, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct in principle - I wish I could share your fantastic faith in the fed government and the Obamazoids in particular.
How can you ignore his 30 March 2011 statement of personal commitment to the Bradys and the gun control nuts that he pursuing a stealth agenda to gut Americans' 2nd Amendment rights?
If Obama and his political mob ARE intent upon gutting Americans' 2nd Amendment rights, even if you are correct on principle, it could take 20 years for the offense to come to the SCOTUS to be corrected.
If and when that day does arrive, how can you ignore the EXPECTATION that Obama, if foolishly admited to a 2nd term, freed of ANY political accountability to the people whatsoever, will have packed the SCOTUS with leftist justices who are perfectly happy to paper over a gutting of Americans' 2nd Amendment rights with sophistry?
That is a risk you really cannot expect Americans who value their 2nd Amendment Rights to take - there is no reason they should. After all, this clown has hardly given us any other compelling reason to keep him in office.
Throw the bum out.
Spot on.

We cannot risk liberty and freedom to a second term of a failed presidency. I, for one, don't want to find out what the "flexibility" he has promised to Russia means to Americans' rights.

We need to get rid of Obama and get back to believing in America.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree. Without the Second Amendment we can't protect/preserve any of them.
Exactly right.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="
Agree. As I said - personally, Hanlons's Razor tells me it's most likely just a matter of simple stupidity and incompetence on the part of the Obama Admin.
But why take a chance?[/QUOTE]I see my last post didn't make it I took too much time researching it.
But here is some reading for you about Gunrunner and F&F

http://info.publicintelligence.net/ATFgunrunn...
it is very long over 25 pgs. but pg 7/9/11[ last par is good] 12/19/23[ par 3 is good too] and 25
Have a nice night
really

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on.
We cannot risk liberty and freedom to a second term of a failed presidency. I, for one, don't want to find out what the "flexibility" he has promised to Russia means to Americans' rights.
We need to get rid of Obama and get back to believing in America.
Or it means he will have more flexibility to open levity trade taxes, or maybe he will have more levity to put sanctions on putin...flexibility, means flexibility to take political action...that could be anything. I'd rather have a president that says he will have flexibility, than a candidate like Mitt Romney who refuses to reveal any particulars of his policies until after hes elected.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

really wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this myth that obama is trying to get rid of the second ammendment. Obama has taken 0 actions toward gun control, the gun control lobby has given him a score of F toward gun control. Politifcat has rated all statements about obama trying to get rid of guns, all have proven to be lies and false data. There is 0 evidence that obama has taken any attempt to restrict gun laws, but when you ask someone on the right they say "what hasn't he done against guns."
http://youtu.be/NbLfZH43Bfs...
Some people should do some reading on how Ammendments are changed or added.
The Pres. has nothing to do with it all he can do is ask Congress to look at something becoming an ammendment.
Here is some reading on it.
http://www.usconstitution.net/constam.html and a lot more
http://search.aol.com/aol/search...
Have a nice night
really

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2012

Judged:

nac wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree. Without the Second Amendment we can't protect/preserve any of them.
We wouldn't be able to defend our rights with it. You have a semi-automatic rifle to protect your rights? Got it, the government will use RPGs, Drones, Tomahawk Missles, Sonic Emitters. So either you want whack jobs with those, or your out powered and the second amendment doesn't really matter a whole lot. You're call. In the end, that amendment is as pressing anymore, because it wasn't in the intent at that time that weapons tech would get so high.

With the first amendment however, you can speak out and make the people who would use those weapons, not use them based on rational reasoning. If thats taken away, people can become sheep with no one to state the other side.
really

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

for anyone who lives in the south.

http://www.fuckthesouth.com/
democrat

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude. Ridiculous argumentum ad extremis. Doesn't even warrant discussion - already TOTALLY illegal without a Class III FFL.
There are gun groups that argue that people should be able to own howitzers and AA weapons.Vigilance works both ways,So it does merit discussion
democrat

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

TTAG called bullshit. The quote came from the most dubious of all sources: the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence. As the Brits would say, they would say that wouldn’t they? Just as the NRA needs anti-anti-gun hysteria to keep their coffers full, the Brady Campaign needs some glimmer of gun grabbing hope to justify their existence.

The tampabaytimes.com has decided to do a little fact checking on the now infamous quote:

Relying on a secondhand quote of Obama — relayed to Washington Post by gun control advocate Sarah Brady — the NRA claimed that “Obama admits he’s coming for our guns, telling Sarah Brady,‘We are working on (gun control), but under the radar.’”

The genesis of the quote is a brief 2011 White House meeting between Obama, Brady, her husband Jim, and former Brady Center [sic] to Prevent Gun Violence president Paul Helmke.

Helmke told PolitiFact there was no promise from Obama on gun policy, and certainly no dramatic pledge to come for anyone’s firearms.

Likely, the president was talking about an in-the-works program to get gun dealers in border states to forward some gun purchases to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Helmke said.

Brady told us her quote has been misinterpreted and that she herself never spoke with Obama about gun policy.“What ever I might have said or agreed to was purely speculative as I never spoke to the president myself about this issue,” she said.

Whatever was said and what it was referring to is murky, but the NRA took a fragment of an unclear quote and prescribed the most far-reaching, conspiratorial conclusion — when there simply isn’t enough evidence for such a sweeping claim. We rated that claim Pants on Fire.

Roger that. And shame on Sarah Brady to allow the made-up quote to remain in play despite the fact that she knew it was a complete fabrication (most likely by herself). But then why would we expect the antis to tell the truth about guns?

NAC,before posting a "fact",you might want to check out other sources.Also,didn't Obama,sign a bill making it legal to carry in natl.parks.Also name some great anti-gun activity he has engaged in.Your side knows it has won the gun debate,so some try to keep unfounded rumors flying around ,to keep the base involved.Nobdy is coming after your guns.
democrat

Massena, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

really wrote:
for anyone who lives in the south.
http://www.fuckthesouth.com/
Couldn't agree more.Spent 6 months in Georgia,before heading to Viet Nam.Southern hospitality,my ass.I will take good old NY,over those self righteous southern bastards any day.Bible belt bull shit is all that exist down there.
liberal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Romney up 2 more points today. There just is MONTH Obama support. No signs no bumper stickers. Obama is going to be sent home.
Sorry you are wrong

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Romney is UP in the most accurate poll over the years. I don't care how many words you post, Romney is UP.
DeOppressoLiber wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is down. Even on Fox. He's only the nominee because everyone else is waiting until 2016. His crazy underwear couldnt even protect him from losing to McCain in 2008.
You're right about the south. It's up to me to decide who's right or wrong on here. The south epitomizes the poor white moron voting for the very rich.(Like lots of the losers on here.)
Just so they don't touch the same voting button as a gay or minority. Gandhi is in hell, but racist, hick homophobes go to heaven. Give me a break.
My priest used to try to get me pregnant when I was an altar boy. It's why I'm so into attacking men from the safety of my keyboard. If I argued like this in public, I'd lose to a teenager (just like in a fist fight). No copy and pasting in real life.
Wrong again

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Does not matter if I am gay or straight that does not change the FACT that Romney is UP big in the most accurate poll in the past years. Who cares what other polls say, the most accurate poll has Romney UP big. It is over, good bye Obama.
Sorry you are gay wrote:
Romney was already down on Fox, before he shot off his mouth and upset his own party.
Reality Check

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

atBuffalojimmyz twitter wrote:
The Muslim bastards now shooting at our drones. How about we vaporize these Muslim scumbags. Islam was created of of several religions by the self proclaimed Prophet Mohammad married a young girl named Aisha at age 6 and had sex with her at age 9.
Hello pedophile. Mohammad had many wives but it was Aisha who really helped start Islam and built up the BS about her husband Mohammad who when he died in the 7th century became more popular.
Bring it on Ahmed.
Islam is not a religion in a same way christianity for example is, it is a way of life and government. Its holy prophet is not mythical character but a historical monarch with political interests. I did think the protests in Libya that counter-protested the attacks on the embassy were a good sign. We need that chunk of Islam to stand up, take charge, and stand with the rest of the world and smack down the ones that merely use their "religion" as an excuse to act like a bunch of damn barbarians.
Reality Check

Huntington, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Taxi Driver wrote:
I arrived at the address and honked the horn. After waiting a few minutes I honked again. Since this was going to be my last ride of my shift I thought about just driving away, but instead I put the car in park and walked up to the door and knocked..'Just a minute', answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor.
After a long pause, the door opened. A small woman in her 90's stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940's movie.
By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets.
There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard
box filled with photos and glassware.
'Would you carry my bag out to the car?' she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, then returned to assist the woman.
She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb.
She kept thanking me for my kindness.'It's nothing', I told her..'I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother to be treated.'
'Oh, you're such a good boy, she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address and then asked,'Could you drive
through downtown?'
'It's not the shortest way,' I answered quickly..
'Oh, I don't mind,' she said.'I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice.
I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening.'I don't have any family left,' she continued in a soft voice..'The doctor says I don't have very long.' I quietly reached over and shut off the meter.
'What route would you like me to take?' I asked.
For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator.
We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl.
Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.
As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said,'I'm tired.Let's go now'.
We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico.
Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move.
They must have been expecting her.
I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.
'How much do I owe you?' She asked, reaching into her purse.
'Nothing,' I said
'You have to make a living,' she answered.
'There are other passengers,' I responded.
Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug.She held onto me tightly.
'You gave an old woman a little moment of joy,' she said.'Thank you.'
I squeezed her hand, and then walked into the dim morning light.. Behind me, a door shut.It was the sound of the closing of a life..
I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day,I could hardly talk.What if that woman had gotten an angry driver,or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away?
On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life.
We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments.
But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.
Thank You
liberal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

Another day of higher gas prices under failure obama.
U Lose

Howell, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

DeOppressoLiber wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is down. Even on Fox. He's only the nominee because everyone else is waiting until 2016. His crazy underwear couldnt even protect him from losing to McCain in 2008.
You're right about the south. It's up to me to decide who's right or wrong on here. The south epitomizes the poor white moron voting for the very rich.(Like lots of the losers on here.)
Just so they don't touch the same voting button as a gay or minority. Gandhi is in hell, but racist, hick homophobes go to heaven. Give me a break.
My priest used to try to get me pregnant when I was an altar boy. It's why I'm so into attacking men from the safety of my keyboard. If I argued like this in public, I'd lose to a teenager (just like in a fist fight). No copy and pasting in real life.
Fake impersonator not from Amsterdam
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Some people should do some reading on how Ammendments are changed or added.
The Pres. has nothing to do with it all he can do is ask Congress to look at something becoming an ammendment.
Here is some reading on it.
http://www.usconstitution.net/constam.html and a lot more
http://search.aol.com/aol/search...
Have a nice night
Pretty lame dodge, Pops. Your elementary reading assignments are quite beside the point. Nobody's talking about amending the Constitution. We're talking about a progressive activist POTUS eroding it.

We're talking about a sitting President with a stated and committed policy aim of further infringing Americans' 2nd Amendment rights. We're talking about a POTUS who can't accomplish those aims openly and straightforwardly the hard way, thru legislative action by Congress, and who instead schemes to accomplish them thru the back door, by unilateral Executive power, "under the radar." We're talking about a POTUS who sends his SecState to the UN to get the US signed up to an international Treaty agreement that would restrict Americans' freedoms to keep and bear arms that he can then sign & send to the Senate (cutting the House out entirely) for ratification. We're talking about a POTUS whose Chicago gun control-freak White House crowd decides it would be a nifty idea to use the DoJ to re-launch a defunct ATF gun-walking op with a new mission - spinning up a BS narrative of eeeevul US gun dealers arming bad guys across borders that they can then deploy to justify imposing their idea of sensible, and probably unconstitutional, gun control by Executive fiat. And finally, we're talking about this same POTUS, if returned for a second term, packing the SCOTUS with leftist progressive minds like "Really's" (cheered on by our own Northwoods Pontailed Hippie, of course) to make it impossible for patriotic defenders of the Constitution to restore Americans' 2nd Amendment rights for another 2 generations.

Am I saying this is what's actually afoot? No. But I am saying it's a perfectly plausible scenario that reasonable people should worry may well be what's happening.

Holder's stonewalling of Congress and Obama's backing his play only adds to the danger this is actually what the Obama/Holder/Axelrod/Jarrett/R ahm/Bloomburg axis are working at.

The safest course?

Just throw the bum out - he's shown he's no loss - not worth keeping in for any other reason.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

really wrote:
<quoted text>
We wouldn't be able to defend our rights with it. You have a semi-automatic rifle to protect your rights? Got it, the government will use RPGs, Drones, Tomahawk Missles, Sonic Emitters. So either you want whack jobs with those, or your out powered and the second amendment doesn't really matter a whole lot. You're call. In the end, that amendment is as pressing anymore, because it wasn't in the intent at that time that weapons tech would get so high.
With the first amendment however, you can speak out and make the people who would use those weapons, not use them based on rational reasoning. If thats taken away, people can become sheep with no one to state the other side.
Rubbish. Sheer stupidity and arrogance. They're all sacred and inviolate Rights. Only a treasonous fool argues that some Right they don't regard as being particularly critical to their personal liberty is any less sacred or inviolate than the others.

GTFO.
Teddy R

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2012

Judged:

democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
There are gun groups that argue that people should be able to own howitzers and AA weapons.Vigilance works both ways,So it does merit discussion
Nonsense.

Name these "gun groups."

People ARE already able to legally own howitzers and AA weapons - with the appropriate Federal license. So what's your problem?

This is a bullsh!t strawman argument, and so no - it doesn't merit any discussion at all - except among argumentative fools.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

28 Users are viewing the Herkimer Forum right now

Search the Herkimer Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
John Crandall Herkimer County Supreme Court j... (May '13) 31 min how long 32
Licari Motor Car sucks (Sep '10) 50 min Bill 21
Valley health Schrader & Watson 1 hr Why Would He 134
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk 3 hr Local citizen 14
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Billy O Liar 6,345
Disgusting Rotten Stinking Quackenbush 5 hr Stand on a Sheet of Paper 17
How to get out of a DWI in Herkimer County 5 hr Hahahaha 16
Mayors circus 14 hr observor 36
•••
•••
•••
Herkimer Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••