knight

New York, NY

#1 Aug 26, 2013
I agree with the people that put it into a walk way is the best idea. as for the street supervisor saying that if the bridge is not put in that emergency vehicles would that about two to three minutes longer. are you nuts. if it takes that long then they must have stopped and had coffee. yes it would take longer but about one minute not 2 to 3 minutes. I see why you said that thought because I see the way you run your street department. very poorly.
yeah

Little Falls, NY

#2 Aug 27, 2013
It would take 2-3 min longer. Drive it and time yourself. Plus there always has been a bridge there. Close it from the college hill section.
trick or treat

Liverpool, NY

#3 Aug 27, 2013
Hey brandisi you fat azzz.

After the June flood, the bridge had to be closed altogether and some of those who attended Mondays meeting would prefer it remain closed.

A group of residents from the Pine Avenue and Maple Grove Avenue area attended the meeting after writing a letter to the board about the matter.

A group of us are opposed to the bridge being replaced, said Joseph Deeb, of 596 Pine Ave. He said there are some 14 children who live in the neighborhood, in addition to a day care center that adds another five or six children to that total.

He said residents would like to see a walking bridge replace the Maple Grove Avenue bridge and the neighborhood be left as a cul de sac.

What about fire trucks and ambulances, asked Trustee Harold Stoffolano.

The need for access if Lou Ambers Drive were closed was also raised.

Deeb said residents are afraid a child will be struck by a car and some action needs to be taken to improve safety in the neighborhood.

Were asking nicely, he said.We dont want any problems.

When asked what he would do if the board didnt agree, Deeb said,Well be taking things into our own hands. He pulled out what appeared to be a Halloween mask and set it on the chair in front of him.

Lisa Rice, of 620 Pine Ave., asked the board to look at the areas demographics.There are more elderly people now and a lot of children, she said.One day I counted 84 cars going through and every one ran the stop sign.

Were looking for safety, she said.Can we at least have a Slow, children sign? The demographics have changed. Were just worried.

Brindisi turned his attention to Deeb, saying he was having a hard time focusing on the points being raised.

I take that as a threat, he said.All I hear is what you said. Im glad to help anybody, but nobody threatens us.

Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll...
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#4 Aug 28, 2013
trick or treat wrote:
Hey brandisi you fat azzz.

After the June flood, the bridge had to be closed altogether and some of those who attended Monday’s meeting would prefer it remain closed.

A group of residents from the Pine Avenue and Maple Grove Avenue area attended the meeting after writing a letter to the board about the matter.

“A group of us are opposed to the bridge being replaced,” said Joseph Deeb, of 596 Pine Ave. He said there are some 14 children who live in the neighborhood, in addition to a day care center that adds another five or six children to that total.

He said residents would like to see a walking bridge replace the Maple Grove Avenue bridge and the neighborhood be left as a cul de sac.

“What about fire trucks and ambulances,” asked Trustee Harold Stoffolano.

The need for access if Lou Ambers Drive were closed was also raised.

Deeb said residents are afraid a child will be struck by a car and some action needs to be taken to improve safety in the neighborhood.

“We’re asking nicely,” he said.“We don’t want any problems.”

When asked what he would do if the board didn’t agree, Deeb said,“We’ll be taking things into our own hands.” He pulled out what appeared to be a Halloween mask and set it on the chair in front of him.

Lisa Rice, of 620 Pine Ave., asked the board to look at the area’s demographics.“There are more elderly people now and a lot of children,” she said.“One day I counted 84 cars going through and every one ran the stop sign.”

“We’re looking for safety,” she said.“Can we at least have a ‘Slow, children’ sign? The demographics have changed. We’re just worried.”

Brindisi turned his attention to Deeb, saying he was having a hard time focusing on the points being raised.

“I take that as a threat,” he said.“All I hear is what you said. I’m glad to help anybody, but nobody threatens us.”

Read more: http://www.herkimertelegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll...
You are a moron. Without that bridge open to vehicle traffic, all cars from the college, college hill apartments, and the residents of the houses who wish for only a footbridge, would funnel into Lou Ambers Drive. Good luck turning left to get into town without waiting in line for 5 minutes. Then they will complain about too much traffic on their way out of pine grove rd because there are too many college kids using cars and they will want something done about tgat. The reopening of that bridge is important because it properly keeps traffic from getting too congested in any one street. These morons want to create their little cul-de-sac and improve their little one-street neighborhood and increase their own property values at the village's expense. NEWSFLASH - you bought the house on a street that had thru traffic. You shouldn't have bought that house if you wanted a cul-de-sac. Stop your lame azz excuses about 14 kids etc. Instead of ridiculing yourselves with the obvious let's take advantage of the situation and make traffic on Lou Ambers drive unbearable in the process, simply ask for a lower speed limit sign and hope everyone can understand the problem and the solution. Then hope the bstrds who speed get ticketted. That's it. Simple. No meed to look like an azzhool who is taking advantage of a situation where people are already frustrated (the missing bridge, not the speeders). Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
AnotherDamnAnon

Herkimer, NY

#5 Aug 28, 2013
Note- Thee above is exactly why we fight. Your eagerness to save yourself a few minutes waiting in your car at a corner. Your implied meaning, correct. If driving correctly, traversing from the college through Maplegrove and Pine St should take you slightly longer than if taking Lou Ambers.(Unless you live at end of Maplegrove) There are additional STOP signs, constant kids at play, and several blindspots throughout the neighborhood. I assume you are one of the neighborhood offenders
Our children, all of the children, in the neighborhood surely must be worth more than a slightly altered commute. I travel this new route daily, finding only mild to med traffic, still, my wait at that corner is worth every childs life,(Maybe your childs?)
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#6 Aug 28, 2013
AnotherDamnAnon wrote:
Note- Thee above is exactly why we fight. Your eagerness to save yourself a few minutes waiting in your car at a corner. Your implied meaning, correct. If driving correctly, traversing from the college through Maplegrove and Pine St should take you slightly longer than if taking Lou Ambers.(Unless you live at end of Maplegrove) There are additional STOP signs, constant kids at play, and several blindspots throughout the neighborhood. I assume you are one of the neighborhood offenders
Our children, all of the children, in the neighborhood surely must be worth more than a slightly altered commute. I travel this new route daily, finding only mild to med traffic, still, my wait at that corner is worth every childs life,(Maybe your childs?)
Ok drama queen. If it mattered before why do you choose to live there. Why did you never take down plate numbers and call the police. You are taking the opportunity to try to force the village to make you a nice little cul-de-sac at the village's expense for no purpose at all. Just open the bridge, put a 25mph speed limit sign, and have the cops collect some much needed revenue thanks to those speeders. They will eventually get the message and slow down
yeah

Little Falls, NY

#7 Aug 28, 2013
Can't wait til halloween. Heard there was a guy with a mask running around
My Street

Clinton, NY

#8 Aug 28, 2013
I live on a street in Herkimer much busier than Maple Grove Ave or Pine Ave, we have more kids and also truck traffic which that area doesn't.

Can we get our street closed too? Maybe we can even have gates and a guard shack. We would like a private area too. How about it Herkimer?

Get real people.

herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#9 Aug 29, 2013
My Street wrote:
I live on a street in Herkimer much busier than Maple Grove Ave or Pine Ave, we have more kids and also truck traffic which that area doesn't.

Can we get our street closed too? Maybe we can even have gates and a guard shack. We would like a private area too. How about it Herkimer?

Get real people.
Well said

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 6 hr Jimmy Rustle 676
hccc 10 hr Graduate 9
Herkimer is wonderful 10 hr Graduate 8
Jocelyn and Francis 12 hr LF Mom 4
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 19 hr truth 759
older women, younger man 19 hr Suspicious Minds 3
Edwards or Carbone for Town Clerk Sat Resident 69
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
•••