Herkimer not telling people where the...

Herkimer not telling people where the shelters.

Posted in the Herkimer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Confused

Little Falls, NY

#1 Oct 29, 2012
When the power goes out how you supposed to find out where the locations are unless you have a battery powered radio.
Crazy

Little Falls, NY

#2 Oct 29, 2012
This is crazy! They should tell people where the shelters are. If there is no power, how the heck are they supposed to know where to go? They said the firefighters and police will let the people know. How are they going to do that if the roads are blocked due to downed trees and power lines? And will it be safe for people to be out during that part of the storm? Preplanning is a must ... and the valley missed the boat on that!
Hmmm

United States

#3 Oct 29, 2012
Glad this isn't a REAL emergency. Geez. So your power goes out. So cope.
Yeah Right

Whitesboro, NY

#4 Oct 29, 2012
they did you a favor would you want to be cooped up with some of those fat big mouth wenches.
Utica, NY

#5 Oct 29, 2012
They don't have shelters because they are hoping everyone in herkimer will get blown away and the village can start over!!!!
Howzit

Herkimer, NY

#6 Oct 29, 2012
It's not the village making the shelter decision - it's the county that does that (I don't live in the village)- the village doesn't have anything to do with it. Any whoever keeps rehiring that Wallace dude, needs to get voted out immediately.........we're supposed to have faith in that? no wonder we're in the shape we're in.
Are You Kidding

Syracuse, NY

#8 Oct 29, 2012
Complainers, why would you need a shelter if the power went out? God for sakes it's 60 degrees out, not 20. No ones evacuating, theres no flooding, so explain what you need a shelter for?

Besides, I believe that said that they would open shelters where the need was, if theres no need why open a shelter?
Hmmm

Springfield, MA

#11 Oct 30, 2012
Seriously, this is a wimpy question. You HAVE shelter. Sit by a window and read a book until the lights come on. Books, you remember those? Made of paper? You have to turn the pages? If you can't figure out how to deal with a power outage when it's 60° outside, maybe you need to move in with your mommy.
are you retarded

Little Falls, NY

#12 Oct 30, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
Complainers, why would you need a shelter if the power went out? God for sakes it's 60 degrees out, not 20. No ones evacuating, theres no flooding, so explain what you need a shelter for?
Besides, I believe that said that they would open shelters where the need was, if theres no need why open a shelter?
Obviously you are retarded. Which county job do you hold?
whatever just remember

Little Falls, NY

#13 Oct 30, 2012
Stay safe guys. Donīt let it become Katrina all over again. Shoot the fcuking nikkers dead if they run wild.
HUH

Rome, NY

#14 Oct 31, 2012
Crazy wrote:
This is crazy! They should tell people where the shelters are. If there is no power, how the heck are they supposed to know where to go? They said the firefighters and police will let the people know. How are they going to do that if the roads are blocked due to downed trees and power lines? And will it be safe for people to be out during that part of the storm? Preplanning is a must ... and the valley missed the boat on that!
If theres no shelters open, how do you tell people where they are?

Fool. People are so freakin helpless.
Herkimer Haiku

Rochester, NY

#15 Oct 31, 2012
go to Church or Schools
still have old Air Raid Shelters
back from the Cold War
So Angry

Cortland, NY

#16 Oct 31, 2012
WTF16 wrote:
Jesus H. Christ, what a bunch of helpless creatures! ya want shelter if the power goes out? You can always stick your head up your ass and hide in there...nice, warm, shitty place, probably just like your scummy apartment ????
Why does Herkimer have to provide you with a shelter anyway? Oh, yeah, I forgot, the county probably already provides you with food, clothing, drugs, tattoos, beer, cigarettes, and anything else you need, or want, so you take for granted that someone will "give you shelter", right?
Like I said, ram your head up your ass for a few hours, you'll feel right to fuck at home!
You are such an angry person. Have you considered seeking professional help? Seriously...before you go off on someone in real life you should get help. Good luck.
Utica, NY

#17 Oct 31, 2012
They had a shelter set up in the 210 building and while you were there at the shelter the 210 residents went and robbed your house!!!
More Confused

Syracuse, NY

#18 Oct 31, 2012
What the heck, shelters. For a little wind. Put the freaking shelters where they are needed, downstate.

Typical valley, people looking for a free meal or handout. Wants someone else to do everything for them. I'm sure if there are shelters open, anyone could easily find out where. Of course no one wants to lift a finger, its a give me, give me give me society. I don't want my tax dollars going to man shelters that are not need.
Herkimer Tax Payer

Little Falls, NY

#19 Oct 31, 2012
More Confused wrote:
What the heck, shelters. For a little wind. Put the freaking shelters where they are needed, downstate.
Typical valley, people looking for a free meal or handout. Wants someone else to do everything for them. I'm sure if there are shelters open, anyone could easily find out where. Of course no one wants to lift a finger, its a give me, give me give me society. I don't want my tax dollars going to man shelters that are not need.
First of all your comment makes you look like a fool. Perhaps you can not read so you were not able to read the article that has people upset and angry and that was that they would NOT RELEASE the locations. Now , moving on beyond your stupidity and obvious ignorance. Herkimer people have not only a RIGHT to be angry ,at this point they have an OBLIGATION to WAKE up and GET ANGRY!! I hardly think being a tax payer that expecting my county officials to have a safety plan in place WAS TOO MUCH TO ASK, given that my tax dollars PAY THEM TO DO JUST THAT!!!! but instead , they decided on the day OF THE STORM , that perhaps they should discuss the matter. Boil it down , and the truth is , THEY HAD NO PLAN!!!!! IT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND UNFORGIVABLE!! During a time when weather patterns are shifting they really had no clue what we could get, it would be comforting to know that in the event (and people are not talking about their elec simply going out)we were facing a natural disaster or any other for that matter that we would know where to go to get shelter and information. Use your head or is it just that far up your ass.
Pissed

Rome, NY

#20 Oct 31, 2012
Herkimer Tax Payer wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all your comment makes you look like a fool. Perhaps you can not read so you were not able to read the article that has people upset and angry and that was that they would NOT RELEASE the locations. Now , moving on beyond your stupidity and obvious ignorance. Herkimer people have not only a RIGHT to be angry ,at this point they have an OBLIGATION to WAKE up and GET ANGRY!! I hardly think being a tax payer that expecting my county officials to have a safety plan in place WAS TOO MUCH TO ASK, given that my tax dollars PAY THEM TO DO JUST THAT!!!! but instead , they decided on the day OF THE STORM , that perhaps they should discuss the matter. Boil it down , and the truth is , THEY HAD NO PLAN!!!!! IT IS UNACCEPTABLE AND UNFORGIVABLE!! During a time when weather patterns are shifting they really had no clue what we could get, it would be comforting to know that in the event (and people are not talking about their elec simply going out)we were facing a natural disaster or any other for that matter that we would know where to go to get shelter and information. Use your head or is it just that far up your ass.
I take strong execption to your comments. I am a volunteer firefighter and spent the entire night away from my family protecting people like you. We responded to a number of wire, tree and limb down calls during the night and into the next morning. It's pretty clear you don't know what you talk about. We always plan.

Maybe you should join the Red Cross and do something rather than sit home and dream up lies. Get a life.
taxpayer

Little Falls, NY

#21 Oct 31, 2012
Pissed wrote:
<quoted text>
I take strong execption to your comments. I am a volunteer firefighter and spent the entire night away from my family protecting people like you. We responded to a number of wire, tree and limb down calls during the night and into the next morning. It's pretty clear you don't know what you talk about. We always plan.
Maybe you should join the Red Cross and do something rather than sit home and dream up lies. Get a life.
If you had half a brain you would know that witholding shelter locations is dangerous, irresponsible and is a slap in the face to the folks who pay Bob Vandawalkers salary. He was useless as a cop. This proved he id equally useless at his current job. Ever see him at a fire? Less confusion without him.
Pissed

Rome, NY

#22 Oct 31, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had half a brain you would know that witholding shelter locations is dangerous, irresponsible and is a slap in the face to the folks who pay Bob Vandawalkers salary. He was useless as a cop. This proved he id equally useless at his current job. Ever see him at a fire? Less confusion without him.
hahaha, so if your at fires you must be one of those paid firemen. Even us volunteers know that the Red Cross does sheltering, not the local or county government. I actually think the guy does OK, must be he pissed in your Wheaties. If you are a fireman, what was your plan? We got info from the guy your cutting down on Thursday or Friday!
Tax Payer

Little Falls, NY

#24 Nov 2, 2012
I am beginning to honestly think that you have a deficit when it comes to your ability to COMPREHEND what you read. Now , lets begin again , answer this very basic and quite simple question, prior to Sandy , did the community know where to go in the event there was need for a shelter? YES OR NO? Do not think , simply answer that very basic quetion. No , exactly , now what they planned on in such an event, is that while you were cutting down limbs and down wires , you were also going door to door to notify citizens of where the shelter is located. Now , I want you to have someone RE READ my post to you, someone who is able to comprehend what they read and then you may comment again if you wish. But stay focused on the TOPIC please, thank you. Oh , and Ps. has WKTV re-posted the article yet as I noted it was taken off..... interesting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Congrats on the 1.8% tax increase Village Board 2 hr Real smart 11
herkimer county treasurer 8 hr IllRunElectMe 12
get rid of jimmy franco 8 hr NotAllBad 12
Roaches Tool place Sat Where 4
Romas Pizza Sucks Sat Uncle AL 12
News Herkimer Favorite Named Best Upstate New York's... Sat Uncle AL 7
Scumbag susan schrader Apr 21 Chinaman 6

Herkimer Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance