Valley Health Services receives national recognition

May 16, 2013 Full story: WKTV 20

A local nursing home has earned national recognition as one of the best in the nation.

Full Story

“Time to fight back”

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#1 May 17, 2013
This is so sad. VHS is NOT a good place to send your loved ones in need of care. The place is a cdiff and bed sore breeding ground. My wife works there and is disgusted by the way things are run. All of management should be fired and/or brought up on charges. If you are considering sending a family member to VHS...please talk to employees first about the cdiff epidemic that is in that building.
u suck eggs

New York, NY

#2 May 17, 2013
if a legitimate C-Diff outbreak was present, why hasn't anyone contacted the State Dept of Health? That would be the obvious call to make. All it takes is a phone call, yet here you are.

Stop lying.
ur stupid

Wallingford, CT

#3 May 17, 2013
i work there. first of all, a lot of cdiff comes with the resident when they come from the hospital. We use every precaution that we posibly can so it does not spread. Same with bed sores. We can send a resident to the hospital for one thing and they come back 3 days later with bed sores. we actually don't have many at all, just people that are there for actual wound care that they were admitted with in the first place. I highly doubt your wife works there. Maybe someone that once worked there and was fired? Maybe she had a husband there that was fired.. there is a number of nursing homes around us, if you "wife" thought it was that bad why would she stay there? tell her to go get an app over at folts home... iI hear its AWESOME there...

“Time to fight back”

Location hidden

#4 May 17, 2013
so tell us ur stupid, how does vhs prepare for a visit from the state? lol

“Time to fight back”

Location hidden

#5 May 17, 2013
my wife continues to work there because she loves the old folks, you can doubt all you want, it doesn't bother me at all :)
ur stupid

Wallingford, CT

#6 May 17, 2013
Actually all I see them do to prepare is wax the floors. Not much to prepare for. whos your wife if you dontdon't mind me asking? I wonder i Work with her? Ooh, no balls to say huh...

“Time to fight back”

Location hidden

#7 May 18, 2013
Why would i give her name on here? So she could be targeted at work by you? no balls lmao, the ones with no balls are the ones who refuse to stand up to Cindy and lisa.
trayC

Wilbraham, MA

#9 May 18, 2013
Well they must be doing something right to be top in the nation. I had my father on the waiting list for over 4 months to get into there.Wouldnt have him in any other place. I go there every single day after work, he's always nice and clean and not slouched down in his chair... a big thing seen when toured other facilities. And its very clean, and does not stink like some others.
moron

Herkimer, NY

#11 May 19, 2013
street walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me a break all they do is wax the floors. Thats why the department heads are on the phones day after day too other facilities asking where the state is so they can prepare for them. I know this for a fact. you need to get your storys straight most administrations are corrupt and yours is no different !!! FACT
the state does things randomly. Just because they may be at other local facilities is no indication VHS would be next. Hardly. They could be at a nearby facility regarding a complaint made, not a normal audit.

What you claim to know as fact is complete delusional fiction.
sunday

Wilbraham, MA

#12 May 19, 2013
I work there and I'm very proud of it! It would be nice if all the people that hate there job or complain about management would find work elsewhere.
moron

Herkimer, NY

#15 May 19, 2013
employee28 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to read you have no ideal on how things work. No it doesn't mean that VHS is next BUT it does mean that it is very close so let's start preparing for them. See thats how it works no fiction their all fact otherwise why would department heads of VHS waste their time making phone calls two other faculties. FACT
No, clearly you don't know how things work. Got a family member who was an LPN, then an RN in nursing homes for decades and you are completely wrong on this.

Fiction, or just flat out lies. VHS does not call other facilities.

NOT FACT, douchebag liar
Wondering

Syracuse, NY

#17 May 20, 2013
ThisPlaceSucks wrote:
This is so sad. VHS is NOT a good place to send your loved ones in need of care. The place is a cdiff and bed sore breeding ground. My wife works there and is disgusted by the way things are run. All of management should be fired and/or brought up on charges. If you are considering sending a family member to VHS...please talk to employees first about the cdiff epidemic that is in that building.
Pressure sores have not been called bed sores for over 10 years so if your wife worked there she would know that.

“Time to fight back”

Location hidden

#18 May 20, 2013
Hy wondering, my wife says Jennifer and Kim are some of the newer cnas at vhs......need more proof of insider knowledge? ask away..
dumbo

New York, NY

#19 May 22, 2013
ThisPlaceSucks wrote:
Hy wondering, my wife says Jennifer and Kim are some of the newer cnas at vhs......need more proof of insider knowledge? ask away..
Yeah because CNA's are at the bottom of the food chain and know lots of things. NOT!

“Time to fight back”

Location hidden

#20 May 22, 2013
dumbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah because CNA's are at the bottom of the food chain and know lots of things. NOT!
First of all Dumbo-snicker snicker...your comment has nothing to do with the debate at hand, but to respond to your delirium:
the bottom of the food chain is also the front line of defense; they are generally the lowest paid and worse treated by ANY business making them more likely to tell the TRUTH about the failures in their workplace, whereas salaried positions are going to lie to protect themselves and the company from the way things really are.
DISCUSTED WITH CARE

Herkimer, NY

#22 May 24, 2013
employee28 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad for VHS getting there award. But as far as a LPN or RN knowing what goes on behind closed doors ?? Why don't you ask the good people that run Folts.
OH HELL TOO, FOLTS HOME DOESN'T EVEN DRUG TEST FOR EMPLOYMENT!!!
cna

Ilion, NY

#24 Aug 23, 2013
ThisPlaceSucks wrote:
your wife should keep her mouth shut...there is a thing called confidentiality...
Ted

Herkimer, NY

#25 Aug 23, 2013
Does the nurse Julie still work there? She has two sons who sing,Kyle and Cody Mead.
cna two

Herkimer, NY

#26 Aug 25, 2013
cna wrote:
<quoted text>your wife should keep her mouth shut...there is a thing called confidentiality...
Confidentiality is only in the work place, as you can read and see this is topix. We play by a very different set of rules here on topix. You must be a real dedicated employee to come on here and post a comment like that and don't let that go to your head. Because ive learned through the years that the people that make the rules are the first ones to break them. You may want to consider a run for president instead of your current job, oh but wait after watching the news and listening to our dear president he doesn't believe in confidentiality either !! Enough Said.
Lmfao

New York, NY

#27 Sep 30, 2013
I invite any one that judges VHS to take the CNA course or enroll in a nursing school and come join the nursing team and walk a mile in our shoes, or visit one of the other nursing homes in our area. The nurses and aides and staff members care deeply for our residents/patients and we provide quality care. It's offensive that others can judge especially when they have no clue. Many nurses and aides give up their breaks to provide care for their patients and residents because they CARE!! How many of you can say you give up your 20 min break to make sure your resident/patient gets the care they need? Now that is selflessness! We work ALL the holidays to provide care for your loved ones while we leave ours at home and we do it because we care! Being nationally ranked is an honor! I'm proud to be on the team! So screw you nay sayers because we worked hard to be recognized and we deserved it! Aides don't get paid that much so we reap our rewards by positive feedback!! The way the staff is or is not treated by management has NOTHING to do with the quality of care that is provided to our residents!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What did Ex-Ilion investigator PAUL ROSE reciev... 1 hr Bee Bee 1
Herkimer to be annexed in 3 years? 14 hr Lark Lancer 88
Pure Fri sophia 4
Shear Pleasures Fri joke 31
Larry Dack comes out of the closet!!!! Fri Hahahahahahahahaha 4
It's Been 6 Months and What has the Fatty Mayor... Thu Tonys Limp Unit 1
Most Vicious Woman in Herkimer Dec 18 hahahaha 13
Herkimer Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web