lier i mean lawyer

Little Falls, NY

#61 Apr 11, 2014
see if you can spell this upurs.... I wipe my azz with the filthy koran
SHOULD HAVE MERGED

Herkimer, NY

#62 Apr 12, 2014
the best wrote:
Is it true some Herkimer school teachers have been told there jobs will be cut to make up money lost for new school budget?
To bad for the teachers. They need to know that the gravey train is coming to an end, and the ones who suffer are our kids. YOU SHOULD HAVE MERGED. We're doing great at CVA.
I know. Let the pizza man and all the other brain surgeons who blocked the merger pay for reductions out of their pocket - ha!!!! IDIOTS..........
Seriously

Little Falls, NY

#63 Apr 12, 2014
Don't count your chickens before that new contract is negotiated at CVA
lou sir

Little Falls, NY

#64 Apr 12, 2014
The chickens have already been counted, honey. Why would you want to send your kids to Herkimer when they are not offering any courses? Taxes will go up and school will remain the same and where are all the children futures? Should of merged!!!
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#65 Apr 12, 2014
lou sir wrote:
The chickens have already been counted, honey. Why would you want to send your kids to Herkimer when they are not offering any courses? Taxes will go up and school will remain the same and where are all the children futures? Should of merged!!!
Cosimo knows why you should send your kids to Herkimer. He sends his own kids there even after the Ilion/Mohawk merger. Maybe you should call him and ask him. Also, why do you say Herkimer is not offering any courses? To make yourself feel better? The children's futures are their own to create. Your awesome CVA hasn't done much for your student body other than creating a bigger market for the ones dealing.
cockmo

Little Falls, NY

#66 Apr 12, 2014
herkimer wrote:
<quoted text>
Cosimo knows why you should send your kids to Herkimer. He sends his own kids there even after the Ilion/Mohawk merger. Maybe you should call him and ask him. Also, why do you say Herkimer is not offering any courses? To make yourself feel better? The children's futures are their own to create. Your awesome CVA hasn't done much for your student body other than creating a bigger market for the ones dealing.
oooohhhhh you mean dealing drugs
hiccup

Utica, NY

#67 Apr 13, 2014
So sad that those of you posting comments are that blind to what is going on in area school districts. Do you have any idea of the number of AP classes or dual credit classes that are offered at Proctor or Whitesboro or Notre Dame? Students have the ability to take business classes as well as several different languages including Italian, Chinese and sign language. The math program at Whitesboro is the most advanced in the area. Notre Dame has a 100% graduation rate and offers an ROTC program. The students graduating from these schools are well prepared for life after high school. They get accepted into competitive colleges and are able to perform in rigorous college classes. How can admission counselors at these colleges compare students who are applying with 12-15 hrs of college credit to those who have 1-2 AP classes? The students are the ones suffering at the hands of those of you who are too proud to admit that your district is failing.
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#68 Apr 13, 2014
hiccup wrote:
So sad that those of you posting comments are that blind to what is going on in area school districts. Do you have any idea of the number of AP classes or dual credit classes that are offered at Proctor or Whitesboro or Notre Dame? Students have the ability to take business classes as well as several different languages including Italian, Chinese and sign language. The math program at Whitesboro is the most advanced in the area. Notre Dame has a 100% graduation rate and offers an ROTC program. The students graduating from these schools are well prepared for life after high school. They get accepted into competitive colleges and are able to perform in rigorous college classes. How can admission counselors at these colleges compare students who are applying with 12-15 hrs of college credit to those who have 1-2 AP classes? The students are the ones suffering at the hands of those of you who are too proud to admit that your district is failing.
A bunch of our 12th graders were accepted to very well known colleges. Sorry your little Johnny didn't make it there, or perhaps didn't even bother applying there. Those who want, can. Do most kids around here want? No they don't. Don't blame the school. Maybe the parents never gave a sht about the kid and created a rope. Is your kid a rope? You can't push a rope.
ole timer

Saint Johnsville, NY

#69 Apr 13, 2014
Don't throw Notre Dame in the mix; they are a private school that
charges tuition and has an acceptance policy. Public schools have
to take everyone! I do agree though that Herkimer's options are
becoming more limited because of financial constraints. A "bunch"
of top students will always be accepted to well known colleges,
but how many is a "bunch" and what happens to the average
student that might need that little extra?
CakeEater

Little Falls, NY

#70 Apr 13, 2014
ole timer wrote:
Don't throw Notre Dame in the mix; they are a private school that
charges tuition and has an acceptance policy. Public schools have
to take everyone! I do agree though that Herkimer's options are
becoming more limited because of financial constraints. A "bunch"
of top students will always be accepted to well known colleges,
but how many is a "bunch" and what happens to the average
student that might need that little extra?
They go to Harvard on the hill.
So true

United States

#71 Apr 14, 2014
I agree Ole timer. Herkimer's option are very limited and becoming more so each year. It is not the top "bunch" of students in a class,who are the ones we should be concerned about, but the majority of the students. I graduated from HHS but my children attended Whitesboro High School. They have cousins who attended HHS and got accepted into competitive colleges who tell them they were in no way prepared for what they were exposed to. My children also got accepted into very competitive fields of study at major well known institutions and felt they were challenged more in their high school classes than they were in their freshman classes at college. There were 4 valley schools who had the option of merging. This would have allowed the students the options afforded to those they are competiting against.

Since: Sep 13

Herkimer, NY

#72 Apr 14, 2014
So true wrote:
I agree Ole timer. Herkimer's option are very limited and becoming more so each year. It is not the top "bunch" of students in a class,who are the ones we should be concerned about, but the majority of the students. I graduated from HHS but my children attended Whitesboro High School. They have cousins who attended HHS and got accepted into competitive colleges who tell them they were in no way prepared for what they were exposed to. My children also got accepted into very competitive fields of study at major well known institutions and felt they were challenged more in their high school classes than they were in their freshman classes at college. There were 4 valley schools who had the option of merging. This would have allowed the students the options afforded to those they are competiting against.
Having relocated from a top 10 NYS high school to Herkimer due to a job transfer, I live first hand the ENORMOUS difference in college preparation there vs. Herkimer's. Unfortunately, excellence never enters the conversation.
Move

Ilion, NY

#73 Apr 15, 2014
Move to either Ilion or Mohawk and have your child attend CVA. Problem solved, right?

Better yet, when you moved here 2+ years ago - why didn't you move to New Hartford and commute if you are so concerned with your child's education.

I advised you to seek out private schools 2 years ago - you didn't do that either.

At least your career is still moving forward.
Turlsbomber4life

Sistersville, WV

#74 Apr 15, 2014
lol lol lol @ herkymer
nipple-licious

Utica, NY

#75 Apr 15, 2014
Turlsbomber4life wrote:
lol lol lol @ herkymer
fcuk off cake eater. turler takes it in the azz just like ur mom
top 10

Little Falls, NY

#76 Apr 15, 2014
fly so free wrote:
<quoted text>Having relocated from a top 10 NYS high school to Herkimer due to a job transfer, I live first hand the ENORMOUS difference in college preparation there vs. Herkimer's. Unfortunately, excellence never enters the conversation.
That may be true. But anyone with a brain will know that when comparing anything with a top 10 of the same sort you have to keep things on perspective.
to top 10

Little Falls, NY

#77 Apr 15, 2014
He should know also that this is a small community. This is probably why he lives here just as we choose to live here. It allows a wonderful place for the kids to grow up. Being a smart professional, he probably also knows that he should not rely solely on the school to fully educate his kids, regardless of whether it's a top 10 school or not. That's where good parenting comes in. Unfortunately many kids don't have good parenting. These are the parents who feel that the school should take care of all the kids' educational opportunities, while feeling that their job is simply to provide shelter, clothing, and an evening meal. These parents are the ones who complain the most about an 'inadequate' school and make the community look bad. It's not the school. If you are one of these parents, write down everything you have done with and for your kids so far this month other than feed them. If you can't cone up with more than a few things, the look in the mirror to see the real problem in Herkimer.
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

#78 Apr 15, 2014
to top 10 wrote:
He should know also that this is a small community. This is probably why he lives here just as we choose to live here. It allows a wonderful place for the kids to grow up. Being a smart professional, he probably also knows that he should not rely solely on the school to fully educate his kids, regardless of whether it's a top 10 school or not. That's where good parenting comes in. Unfortunately many kids don't have good parenting. These are the parents who feel that the school should take care of all the kids' educational opportunities, while feeling that their job is simply to provide shelter, clothing, and an evening meal. These parents are the ones who complain the most about an 'inadequate' school and make the community look bad. It's not the school. If you are one of these parents, write down everything you have done with and for your kids so far this month other than feed them. If you can't cone up with more than a few things, the look in the mirror to see the real problem in Herkimer.
So true. How can anyone argue with that.

Since: Sep 13

Herkimer, NY

#79 Apr 15, 2014
top 10 wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true. But anyone with a brain will know that when comparing anything with a top 10 of the same sort you have to keep things on perspective.
That is just the point. I have perspective. When your overall academic performance (an aggregate of every students' scores) is 384th out of 429, it is NOT a "perspective" problem and it is NOT a problem with everyone else's kids. Your kids are NOT learning what they need to learn and cutting teachers, sports programs, music programs, art programs, teacher's pensions, administrator's pensions, no field trips, et al is NOT going to fix that.
Cake eater

Little Falls, NY

#80 Apr 15, 2014
fly so free wrote:
<quoted text>
That is just the point. I have perspective. When your overall academic performance (an aggregate of every students' scores) is 384th out of 429, it is NOT a "perspective" problem and it is NOT a problem with everyone else's kids. Your kids are NOT learning what they need to learn and cutting teachers, sports programs, music programs, art programs, teacher's pensions, administrator's pensions, no field trips, et al is NOT going to fix that.
Mandarin Chinese will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Herkimer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cindy at vhs 8 hr Education proponent 38
Ally Carpenter 9 hr bitchslaper 6
News Richfield Springs Man Arrested For Multiple Cha... (Nov '10) 13 hr concerned citizen 48
Jamo's Restaurant & Bar grand opening! 15 hr Rude Angry and Ar... 83
herkimer Wal-Mart 19 hr Wow 13
skanks in herk Thu barffff 9
Village Election Thu really 5

Fire Warning for Herkimer County was issued at April 18 at 4:10AM EDT

More from around the web

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]