Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

All the people who voted no probably have kids that have graduated or are seniors this year.
ole timer

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

bowie david- "top class I doubt it, prove it ole timer," what in the
world are you talking about?
ta da

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Hmmm...didn't see that coming Herkimer has to make more cuts.. Too funny
valley native

North Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2014

Judged:

mock funeral today by students..........give me a break if they where so concerned about their education they would not have stood in the park the day of the merger and shouted it down.you reap what you sow . it was all about athletics then now your paying for it
first amendment

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

valley native wrote:
mock funeral today by students..........give me a break if they where so concerned about their education they would not have stood in the park the day of the merger and shouted it down.you reap what you sow . it was all about athletics then now your paying for it
have to agree, where is dale miller when you don't need him, upurs dale
Seriously

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

You people deserve what you get. You should have merged when you had the chance. While the cream does rise to the top, what about the rest of the kids? The students are aware that when applying to colleges, their application is lacking and many do not get admitted. Why does your autonomy and love of sub-par sports teams come before academics? The administrators answer is to cut guidance counselors, whose job it is to assist these students for life after high school. You people are messed up. Stop living your lives through your kids school concerts, plays and sports games and get your priorities straight.
get it got it good

Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

one no nothing guidance is a enough. with their atitudes
youaresowrong

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

When my children went to Herkimer they didn't offer much back then. Its terrible, The guidance counselors are useless there. They never helped out and never offered their help to the children. Never went above and beyond to prepare them for the future. The problem is half that staff up there should be ousted but there are protected by their tenure. It's sad to think of the future for the children coming up.
valley native

North Myrtle Beach, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

first amendment wrote:
<quoted text>have to agree, where is dale miller when you don't need him, upurs dale
catch him at a comets game he is an usher
Seriously

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

There is no future for the children coming up if something is not done now. It's sad to see what has become of the district. The students don't stand a chance in the real world without the proper guidance and classes to prepare them. Way to go Herkimer!
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Judged:

Voting no merger was just the start. The school will survive just fine, but people have to realize it will never be a rich Beverly Hills school. Expecting rich amenities and educational activities in a small upstate community-school-district is not realistic no matter how much merger proponents want to flaunt what could have been but would never have materialized even with a merger. A community divided is like a divided team. It will never achieve anything. You can't expect a few to carry everyone else along and expect it to work. Problems are everywhere in life. Had we merged I'm sure we would be hearing about other, maybe bigger problems because of the merger. Miller is doing what needs to be done due to Albany's refusal to honor its past commitments. Which brings up the question: If Albany can break its commitments to the schools, why can't the schools break their commitments with the unions. After all, everyone understood the contracts were negotiated based on Albany's plans at that time to continue funding the schools without new rebuttal. Most of the kids out there demonstrating will never miss any of the classes being proposed for part-time teachers, as they would never take those classes anyway. Use your heads people. Of course we want allstar students, but if you want a wealthy school district that offers a lot of extras then you do have to move to a wealthy area and survive there by being wealthy yourself.
Costmore

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

How's the new contract negotiations going? Everyone being treated fairly ?
Equal pay?
Seniority?
Dopey

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

jungle love wrote:
All the people who voted no probably have kids that have graduated or are seniors this year.
You just described the quint essential YES voter LOL
No but

Ilion, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

The kids have classes and are getting a good education...yours?
herkimer

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

No but wrote:
The kids have classes and are getting a good education...yours?
Ours too. Depends what classes you choose
Seriously

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

How bad could Herkimer be? Cosmo 's kids go there. I have a hard time believing he would send his kids there if the education was inferior.
cockmo

Little Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

once sports goes kids will go
Holy Cow

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

I'm a senior at Herkimer High School and I had always heard how crazy, rude, and ignorant the people on topix were but today is the first day I actually had to see for myself. Is this really how you people entertain yourself? I imagine some of you are full grown adults and that's pretty embarrassing if you get excited about hiding your face behind a computer insulting and complaining to others. Wow.
hello

Herkimer, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

You kids can thank your parents for voting no to the merger. Have your dumb mock funeral it wont help.
Simple English

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2014

Really wrote:
I can name a tone of Kids who graduated Herkimer and went onto college and did quite well. The cream will always rise to the top no matter what school they graduate from,
Really, you're posting about education and creams of crops without being able to spell correctly (tone - should be ton) & (onto - should be two words)? And a comma at the end of your sentence? Do you expect to be taken seriously?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of104
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Herkimer Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Herkimer People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••